What Kansas Losses and Returns Next Season

Withey's improve was under Manning. Ellis was with Manning as well for a while. What has Lucas improved at? He is a good rebounder and defender that's it, his offense is bad. Rebounding and defense at this level is more about desire and drive than coaching. Sure there's things coaches can teach but if the player doesn't have the desire to do those things it's pointless. Embiid maybe

Ellis was with Manning one year. Withey was a transfer and Withey made a huge jump the year after Manning left.

Lucas has become a dominant rebounder and his offense has been getting better.

Ellis was with Manning one year. Withey was a transfer and Withey made a huge jump the year after Manning left.

Lucas has become a dominant rebounder and his offense has been getting better.

His offensive game is put backs and lobs. There is a reason they don't run plays for him. So being a dominant rebounder is a sign of great coaching?

My wife works with Whitey's mom and Manning had a lot to do with that improvement.

His offensive game is put backs and lobs. There is a reason they don't run plays for him. So being a dominant rebounder is a sign of great coaching?

My wife works with Whitey's mom and Manning had a lot to do with that improvement.

I'm not going to take anything away from Manning. Ellis had 3 years without Manning though. And Lucas is a junior and is progressing every year. I expect him to be a double double guy next year.

I'm not going to take anything away from Manning. Ellis had 3 years without Manning though. And Lucas is a junior and is progressing every year. I expect him to be a double double guy next year.

There is almost no chance that Lucas is a consistent double double guy at Kansas. C'mon man.

That's my point, one big has gotten better since Manning left. That doesn't make ku a school that develops bigs. As for Lucas being a double double guy i don't see it. But I guess we will find out later this year.

That's my point, one big has gotten better since Manning left. That doesn't make ku a school that develops bigs. As for Lucas being a double double guy i don't see it. But I guess we will find out later this year.

Lucas finished the tournament with 12, 11, and 12 rebounds. 2nd half of the season he was averaging 8 to 10 rebounds. With Ellis gone, he will be the their best returning big man so I don't see why he couldn't be a double double guy.

As for when Manning left
Withey - one year without him. He went from 9 and 6 to 13 and 8 w/o him
Ellis - 3 years without him
Embiid - without him but only stayed one year.
Alexander - Only stayed one year
Lucas - Started to become a dominant rebounder as a junior. Most likely will average over 10 rebounds a game next year and over 10 ppg.

As for Mickelson and Traylor. I think its unfair to say that they didn't progress when Kansas was number 1 overall after the season ended and Perry Ellis was on this team along with other talented big men. Ellis was a 1st team all big 12 player that they had to play behind.

I guess we have a different opinion of what a great big man is. Yes Lucas is a great rebounder that is it. He is not a guy you throw the ball to and say go get me a basket.

So all that time Manning spent with Whitey means nothing because his averages went up after he left?

You talk like the nba can't wait to draft ku's big men because they do such a great job of developing them. But the last two five star big men that signed with ku went from lottery picks coming out of high school to one not being drafted and the other being projected in the second round. If they were so great at developing big men they should of still been lottery picks.

I can teach a kid how to put your butt into someone and go get a rebound, but in my opinion it's a different animal to teach someone low post moves. And other than Ellis I haven't seen that from a ku big.

I guess we have a different opinion of what a great big man is. Yes Lucas is a great rebounder that is it. He is not a guy you throw the ball to and say go get me a basket.

So all that time Manning spent with Whitey means nothing because his averages went up after he left?

You talk like the nba can't wait to draft ku's big men because they do such a great job of developing them. But the last two five star big men that signed with ku went from lottery picks coming out of high school to one not being drafted and the other being projected in the second round. If they were so great at developing big men they should of still been lottery picks.

I can teach a kid how to put your butt into someone and go get a rebound, but in my opinion it's a different animal to teach someone low post moves. And other than Ellis I haven't seen that from a ku big.

Embiid wasn't projected lottery pick and his draft stock went way up. Ellis may not be a lottery pick but the kid dominated college ball.

Alexander and Diallo needed to come back but didn't so cant develop kids if they don't stick around for whatever reason.

Embiid wasn't projected lottery pick and his draft stock went way up. Ellis may not be a lottery pick but the kid dominated college ball.

Alexander and Diallo needed to come back but didn't so cant develop kids if they don't stick around for whatever reason.

Ok which is it, if they can work their magic with Embiid, why not with the other two. You can help a kid develop somewhat in one year. At least not take a step back.

Ok which is it, if they can work their magic with Embiid, why not with the other two. You can help a kid develop somewhat in one year. At least not take a step back.

Are you serious? They are different players. Not every player develops at the same rate as others.

Are you serious? They are different players. Not every player develops at the same rate as others.

But they should have at least gotten a little better, but they did not.

You said they develop big men better than any other team in college basketball. But as I have shown you that is not true.

But they should have at least gotten a little better, but they did not.

You said they develop big men better than any other team in college basketball. But as I have shown you that is not true.

You haven't shown anything. Perry Ellis is one of the top post players in the country.

Feel free to pick out the college that does a better job with developing post players!

You haven't shown anything. Perry Ellis is one of the top post players in the country.

Feel free to pick out the college that does a better job with developing post players!

No need already proved my point. Thanks for playing

Since I said they were the best...and you haven't named another school thats better than them, how have you proved your point?

Ok I'll bite. Off the top of my head

Gonzaga - great developers of their bigs
North Carolina
Baylor - what they did with Acey, Jefferson, Gathers and Motely has been impressive
MSU
Kentucky - like a factory for getting bigs ready for the NBA
Wisconsin
Utah

Like FK said, the big man guru left KU several years ago.

Back