What seed do you see us being in march madness

I am concerned about the rpi for sure.

I think a 9-7 league mark is going to be needed to get in the NCAA, imo. and then playing well at the end (like OSU did last year) is going to be important.

The league is strong but OU is going to have to win some of those games (KU, KSU, UT, OSU, etc.) to make the Big Dance.

I just cant see that happenign baker....
I mean we start three mcdonalds all americans, I know two are freshman but still that is a stud lineup.
Our point guard is one of the better in the big twelve
Our two guard is the best in the big twelve and ranks nationally high
Our wing (Cade Davis) is a high energy guy, not the most talented but def a team player
Our 4 spot is an athleticly gifted defender and starting to become a good rebounder
and our center is really good also

We have one of the better shooters coming off the bench in steven pledger

I dont care what everyone thinks, if we cant make it to the tournament with a lineup like that that means two things to me....1) Willie has had a terrible year and is prob not as good as everyone thinks...or... 2) Capel did not do a good job at getting these guys ready

I dont think either of those will be the case and we will easily make the tournament...if we cant make it with 3 mcda's then we are in trouble for the next few years

If we lose one more non-conference game and go 9-7 in conference, we probably won't make it. That's certainly conceivable with UTEP and Gonzaga coming up and the Big 12 being really strong.
I don't think what our players were ranked in high school matters.
All-Americans don't lose to San Diego and Houston.

The team still has a chance to come together, but the Utah game was a little bit discouraging (even though we got a hard-fought win), and the team needs to keep coming together FAST if they want to make the tourney.

If we lose one more non-conference game and go 9-7 in conference, we probably won't make it. That's certainly conceivable with UTEP and Gonzaga coming up and the Big 12 being really strong.
I don't think what our players were ranked in high school matters.
All-Americans don't lose to San Diego and Houston.

The team still has a chance to come together, but the Utah game was a little bit discouraging (even though we got a hard-fought win), and the team needs to keep coming together FAST if they want to make the tourney.

In what way did the Utah game discourage you? I thought I saw a team fight through a lot of adversity and come out on top even with two of their best players riding the bench before the outcome was decided. Am I wrong?

Oh and to get back on topic... I believe the Sooners will sneak in to the big dance in the 8-10 seed range.

In what way did the Utah game discourage you? I thought I saw a team fight through a lot of adversity and come out on top even with two of their best players riding the bench before the outcome was decided. Am I wrong?

We got another big lead and then didn't put a team away.
As a matter of fact, we turned an 11 point lead into a 12 point deficit before halftime.
The defense wasn't playing well again.
Again, it was glad to gut out a win, especially after trailing by 4 in OT, but as a whole, it was not a very good performance.

All I know is our first round match-up is gonna be a premier first round ballgame.

While its not the ideal situation, not really this year, Jeff. The Big 12 is going to be good enough to overcome it. Plus, I think some of OU's opponents will end up doing better than their record shows which will help the SOS.

As for the seed, I am going to say a #7 when it is all said and done.

This

We got another big lead and then didn't put a team away.
As a matter of fact, we turned an 11 point lead into a 12 point deficit before halftime.
The defense wasn't playing well again.
Again, it was glad to gut out a win, especially after trailing by 4 in OT, but as a whole, it was not a very good performance.

That's the first sign of youth but we won and that will have a HUGE impact on the team, more than if we would have won by double digits. I know it sounds funny but its true with a young team. This team will just get better and better with each game and with the help of this guy :jcapel

Back