What team would you like to draft Warren?

The Rockets. He would be a monster in RA's offense.

Sacramento Kings.....

PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Willie Warren
SG: Kevin Martin
PF: Jason Thompson
C: Spencer Hawes

Bench: Omri Casspi, Andris Nocioni, Ben Udrih, Donte Green, Sean May

Sacramento Kings.....

PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Willie Warren
SG: Kevin Martin
PF: Jason Thompson
C: Spencer Hawes

Bench: Omri Casspi, Andris Nocioni, Ben Udrih, Donte Green, Sean May

Do you just like bad teams?

Do you just like bad teams?

Haha. I think that would be a bad fit. Those 3 guards couldn't guard anyone in the NBA. You gotta have a SF. The Celtics would eat them alive. Paul Pierce wouldn't stop scoring.

Not to mention that would be 3 very scoring focused guards trying to play together. It's the same reason that Iverson, Mayo, and Gay are a terrible combination. All great players but pretty much the same in terms of strengths.

Thunder have Harden and Westbrook, so not gonna happen there.
Bulls have Hinrich, Rose, Salmons, slim chance there.
Knicks are a good bet.
Kings probably not with Martin and Evans.
Minnesota needs a 2 guard.
Memphis probably not.
Philadelphia maybe? they have Louis Williams and Igodoula (sp).
New Jersey maybe unless they like Courtney Lee that mucch.
I think Rose is the only one of those players in the Bulls' long-term plans. They were trying to dump Hinrich before the trade deadline last season, and Salmons only has one year left on his contract after this season. I suppose Hinrich and Salmons could be in Chicago for a long time, but I don't think the Bulls are married to them to the same extent that they are to Rose, or to the extent that the Kings are to Martin and Evans, etc.

Hey Sam, if i were the Clipper's owner, I would offer lebron 5% of the team, give him the GM title and a max contract to come to the Clip. It sounds a little absurd, but imagine the revenue the clippers could bring in if they brought James to LA.
I'm guessing that you're just joking, but NBA teams can't offer players ownership of a team. It would be too easy to circumvent the salary cap rules. Jordan had to sell his share of the Wizards when he came out of retirement.

Not to mention that would be 3 very scoring focused guards trying to play together. It's the same reason that Iverson, Mayo, and Gay are a terrible combination. All great players but pretty much the same in terms of strengths.
Exactly. Evans, Martin, and Warren in the same backcourt would be nice for a fantasy team, but not for an actual NBA team. They don't complement each other at all.

I don't really have an opinion of where I'd like him to go. He won't end up in Boston, and that is my team.

I wouldn't mind him sticking in OKC with the Thunder, but again, not sure their pick will be that bad, and I'm not sure WW and Durant would be good together. Two guys that need an awful lot of shots.

Haha. I think that would be a bad fit. Those 3 guards couldn't guard anyone in the NBA. You gotta have a SF. The Celtics would eat them alive. Paul Pierce wouldn't stop scoring.

They have three small forwards, Andris Nocioni and Omri Casspi. Those two are big, athletic, versatile, etc... They also have Donte Green (who is 6'11'') who is going to be a nice scorer/shooter off the bench. Last night their small forwards had 39 points and 16 rebounds against the Warriors.

PG: Tyreke Evans (6'6'' 220)
SG: Willie Warren (6'4'' 205)
SG: Kevin Martin (6'7'' 190)
PF: Jason Thompson (6'11'' 250)
C: Spencer Hawes (7'1'' 245)

That lineup is plenty big, and they have 3 versatile small forwards to rotate around off the bench. Kevin Martin is an elite scorer, averaging 30 a game while also shooting 45% from the 3pt line. Tyreke Evans is going to be an outstanding pro, and the young combo of Thompson and Hawes is one of the most promising young front-court duos in the NBA. Plus the previously mentioned versatile small forwards who can start or come off the bench and play multiple positions.

Willie Warren and Tyreke Evans would be a scary combo of elite players who can play the 1 and 2. Sometimes Willie (in the NBA) will be the pg and sometimes Tyreke will.

If I am Sacramento I take Willie Warren, no doubt.

The Thunder could trade Harden and draft WWIII. Imagine Westbrook and Warren in the backcourt. WOW..But other than that I can't see him playing for the Thunder. I think the Thunder need a quality big man worse than anything. They have all the other pieces in place.

Back