What would it take to retire 23 for good?

JDSooners

Reaction score
Blake Griffin went to Wayman and asked to wear jersey 23, now that Blake became the No. 1 pick and got us to the Elite Eight, is there any way, that OU has a little memorial for Wayman (rename the court...) and they send the jersey to the rafters for good.

It would be so cool if the did that, and at the same time our first No. 1 pick and Player of the Year also has his jersey retired as well. Kinda like putting Blake on the same rung as Adams and Blaylock, and Wayman on a higher level. Wrap it around the All-Star break or the Clippers in the area for Thunders or Mavs.

I could be wrong but I think OU just retires players jerseys not their numbers.

I'm for that Idea. If we keep getting 23s like we have, I hope the number never retires. Not only great players, but great people.

I'm for that Idea. If we keep getting 23s like we have, I hope the number never retires. Not only great players, but great people.

Great point DM. I wouldn't mind either thing. However, I would be inclined to just go with the current method.

How does one retire a players jersey but not the number? I thought the jersey was the number. :confused:

I don't believe in retiring numbers for good. If a player wants to wear a number he should wear it.

Back