Which back up guard is going to be the first off the bench?

Who plays the most?

• Cade Davis

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Ray Willis

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Steven Pledger

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Equal rotation among them

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Sam

Reaction score
Barring something unforeseen happening I think it is safe to say Willie, Tony and Tommy will be the three starting guards/wings.
Which leaves three options for first guard off the bench.
Option number 1
Cade Davis
1227073074.jpg

Pros
Most experienced among the back up guards by far, hard worker, best defender and passer of the bunch.

Cons
Streak Shooter from deep, he has his moments where he can hit but he hasn't shown anything so far to be a true reliable three point shooter or an offensive player in general.

Option number 2
Ray Willis
21329.JPG

Pros - Best scorer of the bunch, most athletic (just going off what I've observed), tallest and has a good wingspan that could give him a big edge on defense if he starts playing it well.

Cons
Defense, Ray does have the potential with his length and athletic ability to be a good defender ala Crocker but it appears from what we observed, his defense or lack of might have been one of the reasons he didn't play much this past year. A strong Oklahoma wind might knock him over and has trouble finding a shot that he doesn't like.

Option number 3
Steven Pledger
STEVENPLEDGER6_10200.JPG

Pros - Judging off reports and Capel's recent quote the best 3 point shooter of the bunch. Going to assume off the gym rat tag I have seen placed on him in some scouting reports he is willing to put in the extra time and work his butt off in practice and I am sure that will endure him to Capel.

Cons
Inexperience and transitioning is the big thing (judging from the scouting reports defense and ball handling do not seem be a true positive or negative), high school to college is not an easy transition and even though Ray might not be that experienced he at least has a year in college and it wouldn't be as big of adjustment for him.

Nice thread, sam. It was very abdesque! :clap

I went with the easy way out and said Davis. I will be pleased if someone beats him though because I would know that our second guard of the bench (in that case, Davis) would be a very good player.

I voted for Pledger. I think it will be Davis to start the season, but it will be Pledger come tourney time. I will probably be wrong though.

Nice thread, sam. It was very abdesque! :clap

I went with the easy way out and said Davis. I will be pleased if someone beats him though because I would know that our second guard of the bench (in that case, Davis) would be a very good player.
Where did I mention a foreign center or juco player ;)?

Back