Which player would you rather have?

thebigabd

Reaction score
All of these players play 1-3 positions, and play in the Big 12.

Player 1
PPG: 20.1
RPG: 2.6
APG: 3.6
3pt%: 45.8%
FG%: 46.8%
FT%: 79.8%

Player 2
PPG: 14.8
RPG: 8.6
APG: 1.6
FG%: 47.8%
3pt%: 38%
FT%: 69.3%

Player 3
PPG: 18.4
RPG: 3.4
APG: 2.7
FG%: 49.4%
3pt%: 40%
FT%: 86.4%

Player 4
PPG: 18.5
RPG: 3.2
APG: 4.5
FG%: 45%
3pt%: 30.9%
FT%: 83.8%

Player 5
PPG: 21.5
RPG: 5.9
APG: 2.0
FG%: 45.9%
3pt%: 30.7%
FT%: 80.4%

hard to say just off those stats. i'd like to know which players play for teams with more possesions than other teams to determine effectiveness and I'd like to know how many 3's they take per game to give the 3pt% more meaning.

I like that #5 is a productive rebounder and scorer, so I'd take him projecting him as a whole player.

Like has been mentioned, you really can't tell from stats against non-like schedules. That said, I'd take Player 1.

From these stats alone, I would take Player 3.

Player four is Willie Warren. I'm sure the other 4 are jucos. I chose none of the above.

Stats mean nothing. People who base things solely around stats don't know the game.

big fan of player 1. he's doing everything right lately.

I guess it depends on what I need. Player #2 seems to have the stats of a 4 (PF). In a way, so does player #5 ..... maybe Tony Crocker type players. Player #1 and #3 have such good percentages that they get their average without being a ball hog. I like #4 assists so he makes others look good while while having good percentages...... maybe more of a 1 (PG).

What about their turnovers and steals if you're supplying stats?

I like them all, but if I have to name only one, it would be #1 although the Sooners might need #2...... consistent board work.

so who are these mystery players?

Player 1 - Jacob Pullen (KSU)
Player 2 - Marquis Gilstrap (ISU)
Player 3 - Cory Higgins (CU)
Player 4 - Willie Warren (OU)
Player 5 - James Anderson (OSU)

Knowing that, its hard not to vote for Pullen. He is averaging 20 and shooting the lights out for a top 15 KSU team.

Knowing that, its hard not to vote for Pullen. He is averaging 20 and shooting the lights out for a top 15 KSU team.

Pullen is playing really, really well. As is Anderson.

I rank them (using full statistical plus/minus data):
1: Pullen
2: Anderson (those are the two best guards in the conference)
3: Higgins
4: Gilstrap (neither of these are in the top 15)
5: Willie (26th best guard in the conference based on play to date--1 ahead of Keiton Page.)

Player 1 - Shooting only 1% higher overall than from 3. Shows a lack of ability to get to the rim. When the competition level increases the 3 pt % will decline and so will overall production. Free throw % of 79% lowest of other 3 comparable players. 3.6 APG shows decent court awareness and handles.

Player 2 - 8.6 RPG, 1.6 APG and 69% free throws shows he probably does not belong on this list. Does not appear to be a comparable player.

Player 3 - Best pure shooter of the bunch from all over the court. Low assists means he probably plays without the ball a lot and is a spot up shooter.

Player 4 - 15% gap between 3 pt % and overall shooting. Highest assists. Means this guy can penetrate at will. High free % suggest low 3 pt % is an outlier and will improve combined with highest assists making him the best all around player.

Player 5 - Similar to player 4 without the assists and higher rebounds. Making him the 2nd best all around player.

I rank them

1 - #4
2 - #5
3 - #3
4 - #1

Look for #1 to cool off from 3 while #4 and #5 improve from 3 and #3 keeps on doing what he is doing.

Back