Which player would you rather have?

Stats mean nothing. People who base things solely around stats don't know the game.

And people who totally ignore stats have a tendency to not be objective.

It's always Player A is better than Player B, "just because"... or for "inangibles", etc.... often time the reason is simply because Player A plays for "my" team and player B plays for "your" team.

It's always Player A is better than Player B, "just because"... or for "inangibles", etc.... often time the reason is simply because Player A plays for "my" team and player B plays for "your" team.

This.

Yep.

Willie Warren may have a TON more potential than Paige, but to date this season, they are contributing at the same level.

Yep.

Willie Warren may have a TON more potential than Paige, but to date this season, they are contributing at the same level.

no they are not...not even close

Page:
33 min
10.6 pts
1.5 reb
2 assists
.6 TO
.8 st
0 bl
.40 FG
.37 3 pt

WW
32 min
18.5 pts
3.2 reb
4.5 assist
4 TO
1.2 st
.1 bl
.45 FG
.31 3 pt

Are we really having this argument? Page's A/TO is much better but thats about it. His 3 pt % will stay roughly the same and WWs will probably go up. This is laughable

Four turnovers a game from your lead guard is pretty bad.

Four turnovers a game from your lead guard is pretty bad.

its very bad. he average 2.2 last year. it will come down. Even with 4 TOs, anybody that would rather have page is crazy, imo. or completely biased.

its very bad. he average 2.2 last year. it will come down. Even with 4 TOs, anybody that would rather have page is crazy, imo. or completely biased.

I would rather have Willie, Page wouldn't do anything to help this team right now. However, I don't see how Willie's turnovers are going to go down considerably...the defenses we will face down the stretch are as good, if not better, than those in the non-conference.

Just my two cents...

No one would rather have Page--it's simply amazing that Willie has had such a bad start to his year: the turnovers/3Pt% have ALMOST brought his value down to what Page's is.

No one would rather have Page--it's simply amazing that Willie has had such a bad start to his year: the turnovers/3Pt% have ALMOST brought his value down to what Page's is.

according to your system, yes. according to a logical person, no.

IMO people are only calling this a bad start b/c of expectations. The only thing bad about WWs stats are his TOs.

according to your system, yes. according to a logical person, no.

IMO people are only calling this a bad start b/c of expectations. The only thing bad about WWs stats are his TOs.

and his 3pt %. If he can get his turnovers down to where they were last year and his 3pt% up to 35+%, he'll start looking a LOT better.

Yep.

You obviously are not an accounting/finance/economics major and do not have a grasp on what the word "contribution" means.

Warren shoots a higher field goal %, gets to the line more, has more rebounds, more assists, more steals, scores more points. All by dramatic margins.

It would take a ridiculous formula that weighted turnovers 5 times too much to reach any conclusion that their contribution is equal. But hey, some people actually think Rasmussen polls are real.

3 pt field goal % has no value in an efficiency rating. Points per shot, adjusted for assists and turnovers is all that matters. Points per shot is a mixture of 3 pt, 2 pt & getting to the line. It makes no difference which one a player does the most. The blend is what matters.

You obviously are not an accounting/finance/economics major and do not have a grasp on what the word "contribution" means.

Warren shoots a higher field goal %, gets to the line more, has more rebounds, more assists, more steals, scores more points. All by dramatic margins.

It would take a ridiculous formula that weighted turnovers 5 times too much to reach any conclusion that their contribution is equal. But hey, some people actually think Rasmussen polls are real.

Actually, I am an accountant.

And he scores more, b/c he shoots it more. Quit trying to use total points, or average points to prove something. It doesn't. If Paige jacked up however many more shots per game it'd take to get to WW's number, he'd average more points, most likely, SO FAR. And from behind the arc, he shoots it considerably less well than Paige. And all those other things he does, are negated by the turnovers.

You are just mad that the stat that best measures a player's contribution is dogging your boy. Well, those are the facts. To date, today, Paige is contributing about the same "offense" that WW is. Period. That really isn't debateable.

When I read boca's comment I thought to myself, "I think TU is an accountant".. lol

When I read boca's comment I thought to myself, "I think TU is an accountant".. lol

A much better accountant than boca is at basketball analysis.

Preseason games in college
WW is great, Cade sucks
Defense will take care of itself, offense wins games

LOL

Last edited:

And he scores more, b/c he shoots it more. Quit trying to use total points, or average points to prove something. It doesn't. If Paige jacked up however many more shots per game it'd take to get to WW's number, he'd average more points, most likely, SO FAR. And from behind the arc, he shoots it considerably less well than Paige. And all those other things he does, are negated by the turnovers.

You are just mad that the stat that best measures a player's contribution is dogging your boy. Well, those are the facts. To date, today, Paige is contributing about the same "offense" that WW is. Period. That really isn't debateable.

you mean this stat that DSmok1 made up?

Take WW off OU and Paige off OSU. See who suffers more from that.

Or put WW on OSU and Paige on OU and see who gets the better end of the deal.

:ez-laugh: seriously guys...use common sense

As a fellow accountant...I have to agree.

you mean this stat that DSmok1 made up?

Take WW off OU and Paige off OSU. See who suffers more from that.

Or put WW on OSU and Paige on OU and see who gets the better end of the deal.

:ez-laugh: seriously guys...use common sense

Does Paige get to shoot as many shots as Willie if he played for OU?

Back