Its early, but which star guard would you rather have?

What does it mean to be a homer then? I would think that by default we are all homers for various things. I think Chicago is the greatest city in the world, others would probably pick their own city.

There is no such thing as unbiased. It does not exist, and is a word that should never be used in any circumstance that is connected to human thought.

True, and I am not saying I have no bias. I show some bias for teams that I am involved in a bet or prediction with.

I have never been to Chicago, but I do have a love for Tulsa (my home city).

You were a major homer for Longar Longar, he played for OU.

Yep, Longar was one of my favorite players. Damn Sampson for not redshirting him! I was also a homer for Terrell Everett, Nolan Johnson, Dante Swanson, and JR Raymond. :)

Last edited:
Yep, Longar was one of my favorite players. Damn Sampson for not redshirting him! I was also a homer for Terrell Everett, Nolan Johnson, Dante Swanson, and JR Raymond. :)
Only two jucos on the list, surprising.

your a homer just not for OU

I love how everyone judges everyone else's fandom. It's all about who is the bigger fan or who is more committed to their team. It's really hilarious until you think about how petty it is.

If you are on the internet arguing that someone else isn't a true fan of a college sports program you have some pretty major issues.:ez-roll:

I love how everyone judges everyone else's fandom. It's all about who is the bigger fan or who is more committed to their team. It's really hilarious until you think about how petty it is.

If you are on the internet arguing that someone else isn't a true fan of a college sports program you have some pretty major issues.:ez-roll:

No, I think its when someone uses a loss to promote their own agenda or philosphy on how a program should be run. It's painfully obvious with the doom and gloom. Not even Chendog threw more daggers.....

No, I think its when someone uses a loss to promote their own agenda or philosphy on how a program should be run. It's painfully obvious with the doom and gloom. Not even Chendog threw more daggers.....

I see what you're saying, I just think it's funny that if someone says something negative about their team then all of the sudden they aren't a "true fan".

Don't use meaningless stats to say this guard is better than that guard. Willie Warren had a bad game. His first two games were great. The other guards outlined have played nobodies. It was a bad game and we should move on. And I am.

What does it mean to be a homer then?

Not picking a side (if there is even a side to pick here...I don't really get the point here) but to me a homer is someone that is so blinded by his fandom of something that he can't be realistic. We all have instances of being homers. Some just can't or won't admit that they can't look at things realistically.
To me that's a homer.

I don't throw daggers towards OU or Coach Capel. I call things realistically how I see them. To me the VCU loss wasn't that big a deal. It's a young team, they will learn.
For you to have the need to bring me up is weak. But I'm not surprised.

Didn't most of us go to OU or grew up an OU fan?

I went to CU, and now attend DU.

Don't use meaningless stats to say this guard is better than that guard. Willie Warren had a bad game. His first two games were great. The other guards outlined have played nobodies. It was a bad game and we should move on. And I am.

Willie can change those stats in a single game, and I am sure he will. A poor start through 3 games is easily fixed, and a lot of it probably has to do with lack of time to gel with new teammates. At the college level, all of the guys listed are really good players and do different things for their teams.

I am sure we will look back at this post following the Alaska tournament and have a good chuckle about this. I know this is going to be a solid team, but I am just talking about this stuff in the context of the first 3 games, which is a very small sample size in basketball.

I see what you're saying, I just think it's funny that if someone says something negative about their team then all of the sudden they aren't a "true fan".

It's a classic response.

My point to you ABD is stats dont always tell the story. Willie's 15pt and 11 assist game to me was his best game ever. Not because of the stat line, but because of the decision making. You base everything on someones stats and there are other things that go into the whole senario. I think part of it is you have a problem with the players OU targets. WW is a five star recruit, and I haven never heard you say a positive thing about him. But you have posted multiple threads about a guy named Shane Tunks who is absolute garbage. Andrew Fitzgerald is better than anything we can get in the juco ranks with the exception of a high major kid that transfers down. There are only 5 guards in the conversation with WW from a talent standpoint in this league. None of those guards reside in Colorado. So don't use a stat line or a game in which someone has played horrible or 5 minutes to make a meaningless point about "which guard would you want". We wouldn't want anybody of Colorado's roster over Willie, because they aren't as good. Their coach tried to leave this summer!!!!

I went to CU, and now attend DU.

Daniels School of Business? Law School? I have a degree from DU. Hated that school. I thought it was a joke with outrageously priced tuition but I am glad I have that degree.

Daniels School of Business? Law School? I have a degree from DU. Hated that school. I thought it was a joke with outrageously priced tuition but I am glad I have that degree.

Sent you a PM.

I looked at DU for postgraduate, would love to relocate to Denver. However, I caved and am on campus at SMU now.

I looked at DU for postgraduate, would love to relocate to Denver. However, I caved and am on campus at SMU now.

We got 24 inches of snow last month. You sure you dont like it in Dallas? :)

DU is a good school, but the tuition is very expensive and I don't think we offer a better education than CU, OU, or other public schools that offer far less expensive tuition. DU is probably even with CU or OU in terms of graduate education.

We got 24 inches of snow last month. You sure you dont like it in Dallas? :)

DU is a good school, but the tuition is very expensive and I don't think we offer a better education than CU, OU, or other public schools that offer far less expensive tuition. DU is probably even with CU or OU in terms of graduate education.

Originally from the mountains, would probably relocate just for the snow!

I've found through limited experiences that most graduate curriculum is pretty much the same at Top 100 schools, it's all about the networking within the structured program (in my case, business). Not sure how much DU costs, but it can't be more than SMU.

Back