Who is your favorite college basketball tv person?

• Total voters

thebigabd

Reaction score

I like pretty much everyone on the board aside from Vital and Knight....I just really think Knight is a awfull commentator

I like pretty much everyone on the board aside from Vital and Knight....I just really think Knight is a awfull commentator

I really like knight. The other analyst give you vanilla breakdowns of things on the court whereas knight really gives you the insight of a great coach.

While Knight may not be a good tv guy I actually learn about the game when he does them. On top of that he doesn't kiss anyones arse and he consentrates on the game infront of him rather than being a cheerleader for some other conference, team, coach or player.

No love for Fran!? :)

My favorite from back in the day was Ron Franklin and Jon Sunvold when they did the Big 8 games on Big Monday.

Ron has definetly lost some of his talent over the years and he's sort of become a caricature of himself.

I do think Gottleib is the best analyst in the business right now.

And Rafferty is just fun.

And... of course... Dukie V. sucks. :vitale

I'll tell you who's actually a very good analyst is former OSU basketball player Brendon Manzer. He's doing the color on the Cowboy Network games, which is where Gottlieb also got his start. I think he picked up a few ESPN2 games last year as well.

He does very good job, and I would expect to see him more and more on ESPN in the next few years.

No love for Fran!? :)

My favorite from back in the day was Ron Franklin and Jon Sunvold when they did the Big 8 games on Big Monday.

Ron has definetly lost some of his talent over the years and he's sort of become a caricature of himself.

I do think Gottleib is the best analyst in the business right now.

And Rafferty is just fun.

And... of course... Dukie V. sucks. :vitale

I'll tell you who's actually a very good analyst is former OSU basketball player Brendon Manzer. He's doing the color on the Cowboy Network games, which is where Gottlieb also got his start. I think he picked up a few ESPN2 games last year as well.

He does very good job, and I would expect to see him more and more on ESPN in the next few years.

You are a true homer. Manzer is absolutely horrible. So monotone and brings nothing to the discussion. I'm baffled how this guy was even a coach. Well, not really. Manzers have always used their stillwater status to get what they wanted. Including basketball schollies to OSU.

You are a true homer. Manzer is absolutely horrible. So monotone and brings nothing to the discussion. I'm baffled how this guy was even a coach. Well, not really. Manzers have always used their stillwater status to get what they wanted. Including basketball schollies to OSU.

Right... I'm a true homer.

I guess the people at ESPN who make hiring decisions must be OSU homers as well.

They hired Bredon Manzer's sucky self? Shame on them. Atleast Doug is a almanac of sports info. Manzer is the Carrie Prejean/Sarah Palin of analyst. Nice cover, but no coherence in the actual book.

Back