Why is everyone acting like Tech is terrible?

thebigabd

Reaction score
I haven't seen any posts yet that suggest perhaps they might be a better team than OU right now.... They aren't a cellar dweller, terrible, and don't lack talent. They have a couple of veteran go-to guys in Singletary and Roberson, and those two outplayed OU's young players. The supporting cast for their main two are pretty salty as well. They also attempted 8 three pointers to OU's 26, which was the difference in the game. They were attacking the rim and getting good looks, OU was jacking 3's, it's what OU does and it has won them some games this year.

Tech has an RPI in the 30's and just moved to 16-7. 4 more wins and they get in the NCAA Tournament. They have Texas, A&M, K-State, and Baylor coming up at home. Those are all winnable games for them on the home court and they have a very legit chance at the NCAA Tournament.

They are 4-5 because they started the conference season off with an OT loss to Mizzou, a loss at Kansas, at Oklahoma State, at Texas, and at Texas A&M. Those are all tournaments teams on the road. No shame in those losses.

First conference road win in two years, OU should be able to beat tech even if it's OU's worst team in 30 years.

First conference road win in two years, OU should be able to beat tech even if it's OU's worst team in 30 years.

Yea, they have been rebuilding in that time. Doesn't mean they are a bad team this year.

Yea, they have been rebuilding in that time. Doesn't mean they are a bad team this year.

Do not think they are a bad team, just think we were more than capable of winning this game and we blew our chances. Credit Tech for playing their game and Roberson? (PG) for being a baller and taking over when he had to. Oh, and I will take a visiting team any day of the week that misses one total FT for the game.

Tech isn't terrible, but they're not a good team IMO.

They hadn't won a conference road game all year, were handily beat in all of them, handily beat against New Mexico, and beat lowly McNeese State by 1 and terrible Oregon State by 4.

This tech team could improve, but right now I think they're mediocre at best.

Add to that....we got blown out by the supposed worst team in the conference. Before this game, not many on here thought much of Tech. Now, all of the sudden, they're a good team. There is no need to justify this bad loss by saying that Tech is good. OU is not good this year.....we all need to face up to that.

I think most OU fans see that game as one that was lost by OU more than won by Tech. The three point shooting was a bit ridiculous.

We lost at home to a team we probably should have beat. Tech has a high RPI but I don't think they are really that good.

If you're not going to the NCAA tournament, you're not a good team. That has always been the way to evaluate who's good and who's not. So Tech is probably not that good of a team based on that. Obviously OU isn't either. Tech is a bad matchup for OU. Their two best offensive players matchup with our two weakest defensive positions, a guard playing out of position at the four and a freshman pg. Gallon was bad defensively initially and never really showed improvement except he did bring a little more hustle.

But when the NCAA field of 64 comes down, I suspect Texas Tech is not going to be part of that group.

If you're not going to the NCAA tournament, you're not a good team. That has always been the way to evaluate who's good and who's not. So Tech is probably not that good of a team based on that. Obviously OU isn't either. Tech is a bad matchup for OU. Their two best offensive players matchup with our two weakest defensive positions, a guard playing out of position at the four and a freshman pg. Gallon was bad defensively initially and never really showed improvement except he did bring a little more hustle.

But when the NCAA field of 64 comes down, I suspect Texas Tech is not going to be part of that group.

Perhaps they wont, but I think with their RPI they need just 4 more wins to get in. With K-State, Texas, A&M, and Baylor coming up at home they control their own destiny. They could very well go 3-1 in those games, beat Nebraska at home, and get in the NCAA Tournament.

If Tech finishes 6th or higher in the Big XII, they are getting a bid.

Tech's improved, but they should never sweep OU in men's hoops. This year is the first time it's ever happened. Even in a couple of years that they won in Norman ('98 and '05), we won big in the rematch at Lubbock.

Just watch. I bet A and M beats them convincingly in Lubbock on Saturday.

I'm not speaking out of logic, it's a game Tech should win but I bet Roberson will be amazingly off and Darko won't be hitting jumpers just inside the three line.

Tech lost every road conference game by double-digits and they walk into LNC and lead by double digit's for half the game. Just because they beat us does not mean they are good. They have always been and will always be a cellar-dweller and they should never sweep us in a season. Yet they did this year.

This loss is as embarrassing as any we've had this season, IMO.

I was impressed with their patience throughout the game...Roberson is a great game manager...also i liked the fact that they didnt force very many 3's...

Saying that, we are a much better team...even shorthanded

We didnt play with half the energy as we did against Texas, and when we finally picked it up it was just too late...was most disappointed in TMG, but there were factors that contributed to his performance IMO...

Saying that, we are a much better team...even shorthanded

Not sure I agree with that. They do alot better job at "the little things", and that can win you alot of games. OU is more talented, for sure. Just not sure I'd say we are better. TT is quite a bit more consistent then we are.

Not sure I agree with that. They do alot better job at "the little things", and that can win you alot of games. OU is more talented, for sure. Just not sure I'd say we are better. TT is quite a bit more consistent then we are.

last night when the energy was up we showed we could control the game...

but i do agree they are more consistent...because they dont rely on the 3pt shot and they play a very conservative brand of basketball...

i view this team differently at home and on the road, and last night we didnt perform like our "home" team usually does...the lack of aggressive PG play really hurt us...it was like WW and TMG were both trying to figure out who was going to be tha man...wish they would understand they both can be...TMG most def needs to be the guy initiating the offense though, as long as he understands he still needs to be aggressive and can make decisions based off of the defense, which he did a poor job of last night...

It'll be interesting to see how Tech plays out the remainding conference games. Get KState, texas, A&M, and Baylor at home, and have to go at Baylor, Nebraska, and Colorado.

If they are in fact an at large team, they better at least get a winning record out of this remaining stretch. Although its not a cakewalk to win anywhere on the road, tech needs to win at Colorado and Nebraska, because I'm willing to bet they're not going to go undefeated at home.

Back