Why Shaka Smart should be OU's next head coach

Sooner23

Reaction score
Because next year's starting lineup intro video song would be the greatest of all-time.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aXArByYsuE&feature=related[/ame]

Shaka Smart, no matter how good a coach he is, will not be OU's coach next year. I think he ends up at NCSU.

Smart moved way up on my wish list after watching his team play in the tourney. But I agree with NAS, I don't see Joe C. going back to the same well in his search for a coach.

Greg Swaim (I know people don't like him) just tweeted that NCSU is prepared to offer Smart a 5 year/$2.2 mill dollar contract (with incentives) after KU (should) beats them.

Not a fan of Shaka. Will he come in and complain about Crowd support? Compare us to Florida every chance? I know he's a good coach and a hell of a recruiter. If i were in the SEC or ACC, he would be my choice, but not for OU.

Smart moved way up on my wish list after watching his team play in the tourney. But I agree with NAS, I don't see Joe C. going back to the same well in his search for a coach.

and as I said before if that is Joe's reason then he doesn't need to be an AD for a major D1 searching for a coach.

Whether he came from the same place as Capel is totally irrelevant.

you have no clue so just be quiet

Lol

yo-dawg-you-mad.jpg

sure. you can go on ignore. all you had to do was ask.

More power to you. I could care less about you putting me on ignore or of your inflated opinion on the newest "hot" candidate.

There's plenty of reasons why I don't think Smart comes to OU, but it wouldn't matter to you. NCSU will offer him more money than OU will ($2 million+), Tennessee may offer more money, OU's program is in shambles facing NCAA troubles, Smart is not on the immediate OU radar (from all reports), just fired an ex-VCU coach, etc, etc, etc.

I'll tap out. Smart will not be at OU, just wait and see.

Last edited:
There's plenty of reasons why I don't think Smart comes to OU, but it wouldn't matter to you. NCSU will offer him more money than OU will ($2 million+), Tennessee may offer more money, OU's program is in shambles facing NCAA troubles, Smart is not on the immediate OU radar (from all reports), just fired an ex-VCU coach, etc, etc, etc.

newsitemimage.newsimage.dimg

Cincinnati football hired Brian Kelly from Central Michigan. He left for Notre Dame. Cincinnati went back to Central Michigan and hired the guy who replaced Kelly.

So it's not unprecedented.

I don't EVER remember saying they WOULD hire Shaka, I remember saying over and over...often ... that they SHOULD and that he was better than X, Y, and Z.

I'll tap out. Smart will not be at OU, just wait and see.

Sounds like some reasons to me...

I don't EVER remember saying they WOULD hire Shaka, I remember saying over and over...often ... that they SHOULD and that he was better than X, Y, and Z.

My bad then as I've interpreted you wrong.

Do you think OU will though?

AdaSooner;286534[COLOR="DarkRed" said:
]Smart moved way up on my wish list after watching his team play in the tourney. [/COLOR]But I agree with NAS, I don't see Joe C. going back to the same well in his search for a coach.

Now you know why I want a coach who emphasizes defense and recruits kids that can shoot the dayum basketball. It is beginning to look as if Joe C., is not up to the task. His two week head start turned out to be a wasted opportunity.

Back