Will gallon be 1 and done?

luckyc1423

Reaction score
Will gallon be 1 and done? What happens if we dont get any of our highly recruited big men....if we strike out and gallon goes pro we are left with allen and fitz downlow...

Will gallon be 1 and done? What happens if we dont get any of our highly recruited big men....if we strike out and gallon goes pro we are left with allen and fitz downlow...

OU would still have Barry Honore and Kyle Hardrick as backups.... They will get other players too.

I wouldnt worry too much about it. It will be great if Tiny is a 2-3 year player but I think OU is fine either way.

He said in an interview after one of his high school games last season that he plans on going to the nba in 1 year possibly 2. So he already has that mentality. Either way, Capel has shown he can recruit.

I think Tiny's got to play at least two years to show that his weight is under control. If he shows even the slightest hint of wearing down during his freshman season, he won't get a good enough look to make it worth his while to go. He's got to prove he can be in the right condition to go up and down the court every night.

Personally, I don't believe Gallon is going pro after just one year. While he definitely has some skills, I don't think he's NBA ready just yet (judging by high school footage).

As others have said, the weight is an issue...I just think most of the time there is an athletic difference for guys who go real early.

I don't see him as good as Blake and he wasn't one and done.

I don't see him as good as Blake and he wasn't one and done.

But he absolutely would have been a lottery pick after 1.

Same story with Warren, so there is certainly precedent here. I think it comes down to Tiny's personal choice after the season.

But he absolutely would have been a lottery pick after 1.

Same story with Warren, so there is certainly precedent here. I think it comes down to Tiny's personal choice after the season.

Yep. I think the precedent that WW and BG have set though make it hard for me to think tiny leaves early. He could easily be one and done, however, like WW and BG he could likely get a bigger paycheck by waiting and be more NBA ready. In the end it is up to tiny, but I think that in two years he can really elevate his game and put himself into top 10 or even top 5 draft status.
:tinypower

I've heard that Tiny has backed off of that stance because he is here at OU now and he is beginning to see that if he really works hard on his game. Coach Cline and Coach Capel can help him improve his game to where he goes higher in the draft. The person that told me this is a pretty good reference on OU basketball. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I think he stays 2-3 years. I was big in the Tiny one and done camp up until a month or so ago. I think he has decided to stay a year or two and enjoy college while continuing to progress and change his body.

I've heard that Tiny has backed off of that stance because he is here at OU now and he is beginning to see that if he really works hard on his game. Coach Cline and Coach Capel can help him improve his game to where he goes higher in the draft. The person that told me this is a pretty good reference on OU basketball. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

This is so true. So many kids have aspirations about one and done till they get to college and realize how good EVERYONE is at that level and how hard they have to work. Then they also see that there are 4 years worth of players at every university battling for 30 spots in the first round.

I doubt he is a one and done.

I'm with Play. I don't think so either. And as hard as he's trying to get his main man Doron Lamb in house tends to back that up. If Lamb comes I think Tiny comes back for sure. And if so that will be one LOADED team. TMG, Tiny, Cam Clark, Lamb, etc. Wow!!!

Exactly Cheno. Tiny knows that Willie will probably leave after this year. Tiny's thinking is that Doron can come in and help him and TMG lead OU to the top. I really want Jones and Lamb to join T.J. and Cam. This would be the icing on the cake for me. After that if we landed Ray McCallum I would be prepared to crown Coach Capel the Lord of Recruiting. It doesn't hurt to dream. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Here's what I hope, and what I think is a good possibility. This is Willie's year. He steps up and gets all the spotlight that Blake did last year, leaving Tiny to be his wingman like WW was to Blake. Willie gets drafted in the top 10 and Tiny comes back. Then Tiny has his year as "the man". Clark is his sidekick and Capel continues the trend of having two stars each year, one leaving each year and talking the other into staying for a 2nd year.

That would be perfect.

Here's what I hope, and what I think is a good possibility. This is Willie's year. He steps up and gets all the spotlight that Blake did last year, leaving Tiny to be his wingman like WW was to Blake. Willie gets drafted in the top 10 and Tiny comes back. Then Tiny has his year as "the man". Clark is his sidekick and Capel continues the trend of having two stars each year, one leaving each year and talking the other into staying for a 2nd year.

That would be perfect.

That would be cool, but I don't think Clark is gone after two years. I think he is a sure three year guy with a very good chance at staying for four.

Back