Will Tuesday's game be postponed?

colston15

Reaction score
It sounds like Tuesday is going to be awful. I'm sure Baylor will be in town by Monday evening, ahead of the weather. But, will we want to play in front of an 2500 fans? That'd basically be surrendering a home game.

Maybe play it Wednesday or Thursday?

I could see it being postponed. But, then again, it's on ESPN2, so I could also see them playing it. Really don't know...

I'm sure both teams would like to get it in Tuesday to keep things on schedule. Baylor probably wants to play more than OU because they'd love to play a road game in an empty arena.

With as cold as the temps are going to be this week I'm not sure how much postponing it to Wednesday or even Thursday would accomplish.

Depends on how bad it is. If it's like Xmas Time storm in 09 when we had about 3 inches of ice and 10 inches of snow then yeah it'll be postponed.

I don't think a game could be postponed simply because fans would have difficulty getting there. I think teams would probably need to be impacted.

How bad is it supposed to get in Oklahoma? MU is scheduled to play OSU on Wednesday. Apparently we're supposed to start getting ice up here tomorrow evening and a foot and a half of snow after that on Tuesday. Our team may not be able to travel at all next week.

FWIW, I am personally a supporter of them playing the game on Tuesday but giving out free tickets.

I don't think a game could be postponed simply because fans would have difficulty getting there. I think teams would probably need to be impacted.

How bad is it supposed to get in Oklahoma? MU is scheduled to play OSU on Wednesday. Apparently we're supposed to start getting ice up here tomorrow evening and a foot and a half of snow after that on Tuesday. Our team may not be able to travel at all next week.
The central and north east side of the state are supposed to get hit the worst. It's supposed to be 6-12 inches there. About 4-8 inches in the Norman area. Of course this could change at the system comes closer.

Baylor will be in Norman today. Do the refs also fly in the day before games or day of? That might be the determinant in whether the game is going to be played as scheduled.

DFW you braving the elements for potential win 4 in a row over OU?

Baylor will be in Norman today. Do the refs also fly in the day before games or day of? That might be the determinant in whether the game is going to be played as scheduled.

If both the refs and Baylor are in Norman on Tuesday the game will be played on Tuesday.

If both the refs and Baylor are in Norman on Tuesday the game will be played on Tuesday.

I agree with Spock. But, I'm not sure if officials fly in a day early like the teams do so postponement would be a possibility of the officials can't get there. Of course, we could probably get 3 unbiased officials from the posters on this board! :ez-roll:

DFW does Scott Drew travel with the team or separately?
Baylor's best chance is he travels separately and he's not able to get to the game.

Officials will arrive Tuesday morning/mid day, unless something changes. It is OU's job to get them there, so if the university wants they can probably expedite the travel.

Winter Storms Coming
Posted: Jan 31, 2011 4:37 AM CST
Updated: Jan 31, 2011 5:28 AM CST
Northeast Oklahoma is expecting record breaking winter storms.

Meteorologist Mike Collier says the area is under a Winter Storm Warning from Monday evening through Wednesday morning.

The storm is expected to dump more snow on the area than the 2009 Christmas blizzard.

Residents are advised to prepare for the winter weather. Make sure your home is stocked with the necessary items, like milk, bread, diapers. Be prepared to stay home for a few days if necessary.

Drivers should prepare their cars as well. Cars should have properly inflated tires, a full-tank of gas, blankets, bottled water, phone charger, food, extra clothes and anything else you may need to help you if you get stuck out on the road.

'Crippling' snow storm expected Monday night

by: Staff Reports
Sunday, January 30, 2011
1/31/2011 7:17:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tulsa World Weather: Stay updated on the latest forecast with complete coverage from the Weather Channel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much of the state, including Tulsa and northeast Oklahoma, is under a winter storm warning from Monday evening through Wednesday morning.

The National Weather Service said 4 to 8 inches of snow -- with local amounts of 10 to 14 inches -- are likely along and northwest of Interstate 44. Additionally, 1 to 2 inches of sleet is likely for a broad region of east-central Oklahoma.

Forecasters said moderate to heavy sleet and snow will spread northeastward into eastern Oklahoma on Monday night. A brief period of freezing rain will also be possible.

NWS forecasters said the storm could be "crippling."

"Northwesterly winds of 20 to 30 mph will develop on Tuesday across eastern Oklahoma, producing near-blizzard conditions at times, with visibilities being reduced to below 1 mile." the weather service said.

A winter storm warning means significant winter weather is expected or is occurring.

As of Sunday afternoon, the Tulsa area forecast calls for a slight chance of rain on Monday with a high near 42.

Monday night, rain is expected before midnight, with rain changing to snow and lows around 21. The chance of precipitation is 100 percent.

Tuesday, there is a 100 percent chance of snow, the weather service said. The snow should be ending by Tuesday night.

A low of 5 degrees is forecast for Tuesday night. Wednesday, 13 is the forecast high with a low of minus 1 for Wednesday night.

Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.

500x_snow-canyon.jpg

i kind of hope it is so i can make it. :D if it gets as bad as they say then i cant come i live in the country about 25 min away from norman

Back