Will Tuesday's game be postponed?

DFW does Scott Drew travel with the team or separately?
Baylor's best chance is he travels separately and he's not able to get to the game.

All part of a master plan to meet up with your birds early in the big12 tourney and have them fattened up and full of themselves- like a pig before the slaughter.

Apocalyptic type stuff, fun.

The National Weather Service website is down because so many people are trying to check the weather, smh. Other than that this next day and half is about to be outstanding. :clap

Will be taping cardboard to my windshield so I can make it to LNC just in case...

500x_snow-canyon.jpg
Nobody sneeze.

For what it's worth, MU is traveling by bus to Stillwater today, so I assume all games in the area will be played as planned.

If they didn't cancel the UNLV game in 1987, they won't cancel this game.

That was a Saturday game, #1 UNLV in town, national broadcast on CBS with Musburger and Packer. The roads were a solid sheet of ice, and I think they gave away either free or very cheap tickets. The place was packed and the good guys upset the #1 runnin rebs.

If they didn't cancel the UNLV game in 1987, they won't cancel this game.

That was a Saturday game, #1 UNLV in town, national broadcast on CBS with Musburger and Packer. The roads were a solid sheet of ice, and I think they gave away either free or very cheap tickets. The place was packed and the good guys upset the #1 runnin rebs.
My mom is still pissed we didn't make it up from Ardmore for that game. It turned out to be the only regular season loss for the Runnin' Rebels.

The world has turned sissified now though. It wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug on this game. I could also see them opening the doors to all-comers as well.

My mom is still pissed we didn't make it up from Ardmore for that game. It turned out to be the only regular season loss for the Runnin' Rebels.

The world has turned sissified now though. It wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the plug on this game. I could also see them opening the doors to all-comers as well.

My dad was supposed to take me to the game for my birthday. We had tickets, but the drive from Chickasha on highway 62 thru Blanchard would have been treacherous. So, he decided we would watch it from home, which we did.

I was so happy that we won, but wished I had been there to bask in the LNC gloriousness.

There have been conference games in the past (home and away) when the assigned NCAA officials could not get into town due to bad weather. The games were played anyway, with local high school or small college officials calling the game.

:OUbball-logo:

During the great ice debacle of 2007 I couldn't make it over to the Arkansas game. The game was played as scheduled, but I think they ended up giving away free tickets. We went without power for 9 days during that. Man, that sucked.

There have been conference games in the past (home and away) when the assigned NCAA officials could not get into town due to bad weather. The games were played anyway, with local high school or small college officials calling the game.

This is true. I can remember in the late 70's/early 80's OU played at Columbia back when Mizzou had Stipo and Sundvold. The weather was very bad, so the refs couldn't get there. They hired a couple of local HS refs to officiate the game, and OU lost.

I think it was the 79 season.

This was back when Foot Locker first came to OKC (in Quail Springs or Crossroads mall), and their sales people always wore the basketball officials striped shirts. Anyway, seems like my brother joked the officials only qualifications was that they had an officials shirt because they worked at a shoe store or something. I was only 8, so I'm emailing him to ask...

EDIT: email from my brother:

The announcers to the Big 8 network stated that one was a shoe store owner. I believe the year was Dave Bliss’ Big 8 Championship team. If it wasn’t that year, it was the year before it. Mizzou had that gray tarten turf floor, similar to the one OU played on at the time in Lloyd Noble. We had a really good team and Mizzou didn’t have any business that day being on the same floor as us but they got little bit of help. We had Beal, Whitley, McCullough, Curry, Carrabine, Stotts, Drew Head, etc.

So, it was before Stipo and Sundvold, hence Mizzou wasn't as good as OU.

Last edited:

Now that you mention it, I remember that happening before. Doesn't always work out well for the home team because the officials seem to try to bend over backwards to be 'fair'.

When was the last time this happened?

Highly doubt this goes on today.

During the great ice debacle of 2007 I couldn't make it over to the Arkansas game. The game was played as scheduled, but I think they ended up giving away free tickets. We went without power for 9 days during that. Man, that sucked.

Worst. Week. Ever.

To compound that, it was during finals week as well. Campus looked like a refugee camp with all the students looking for heat/electricity.

Depending on the crew assigned to the game, I might be in favor of this... although if they are going to get a high school crew, I would just as soon see them bring them down from Stillwater :)

Depending on the crew assigned to the game, I might be in favor of this... although if they are going to get a high school crew, I would just as soon see them bring them down from Stillwater :)

There is a group that officiates games from Stillwater. They used to officiate my daughter's middle school games. Most of them had gone to OSU with my daughter's coaches. They were always very fair even though they knew a lot of our kids by first name. It wasn't unusal to find them in the hall in between games, showing the kids what they had done wrong. Great bunch of guys.

Back