Willie - Keep your Chin up we support you

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Hey Willie we got your back. Things will turn around. Better days ahead.

There is still time to turn it around Willie. But the time is now.

Be patient with yourself and with your teammates. Focus. Work hard.

I'm sorry, but "keep your chin up" is the type of encouragement you give to a guy who is struggling with his shot or just having bad luck of some sort.

In this case I think "pull your head out" is more appropriate.

I'm sorry, but "keep your chin up" is the type of encouragement you give to a guy who is struggling with his shot or just having bad luck of some sort.

In this case I think "pull your head out" is more appropriate.

This.

Not sure how you look like the best player in the country coming into the season and then play like this. Not sure what his problem is, but personally I think it is all about "Willie" and not about "The University of Oklahoma".

Need more threads like this in support of Coach Capel IMHO.

Keep your chin up? You act like WW is the victim, when most of his problems are of his own doing and he is the only own that can solve them. If he starts playing hard on both ends of the court it would be amazing how his situation would change for the better.

I love the encouragement guys but the last two posts are right, its all on WW and his own doing. He's just a kid so hopefully he can and will get it turned around but he needs to look at the name on the front of the jersey and not the back!

Keep your chin up? You act like WW is the victim, when most of his problems are of his own doing and he is the only own that can solve them. If he starts playing hard on both ends of the court it would be amazing how his situation would change for the better.

That's a great plan, Walter. That's ****ing ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss ****in' watch.

Never stopped supporting Willie....I just think we All are puzzled at the performance to date...

I love the encouragement guys but the last two posts are right, its all on WW and his own doing. He's just a kid so hopefully he can and will get it turned around but he needs to look at the name on the front of the jersey and not the back!

I think we all feel that way, but that doesn't mean we can't pull for him all the same.

That's a great plan, Walter. That's ****ing ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss ****in' watch.

Very nice. Along the same vein, to paraphrase the big Lebowski, "Willie's lot in life is his own responsibilty regardless of who he chooses to blame".

I think we all feel that way, but that doesn't mean we can't pull for him all the same.

Trust me I support the kid 100% and I am pulling for him to turn it around and I don't think anyone on this board isn't but being close to the situation he needs to do a complete 180 in his mind and in his jersey!

Amen. I cant even stomach to watch him play anymore.

I think the criticism of WW has gotten a bit extreme. So here's my take on it.

Willie Warren is a super talented offensive player, with the ball in his hands he is one of the most dangerous players in the nation. His ability to get to the basket is superb, and he can get hot and fill it up from outside also. However, he does not know how to score or even be a factor offensively without dominating the ball. He tries to be a unselfish 'team player' sometimes, he won't appear as aggressive, he'll even appear extremely passive on offense. For him it seems like there are two extremes with no middle ground. He either dominates the ball or is an offensive afterthought; he doesn't know how to be involved without the ball in his hands. Not knowing how to be involved, he becomes very passive, which easily looks like a lack of effort.

I think some of the criticism of his effort on both ends of the court is also unwarranted. While he has lacked effort at times, it also seems he isn't the type of player that LOOKS like he is playing hard, even if he is.

You could see these same things when he played at North Crowley HS. In the state semifinal, he appeared somewhat uninvolved, but finished with 19 points. In the state championship game, he dominated the ball much more and finished with something like 27 pts and 11 assists. Back in high school he had the same problems playing away from the ball.

My point in this is maybe its not so much his effort that needs to be questioned all the time. Maybe Warren just has some deficiencies in his game that make it appear that effort is his problem when it really isn't.

Back