Willie Warrens 3pt shooting....

I was at the game, saw nothing of the sort. Where were you sitting at the game to see this?

it radiates from his person at all times this season, I think it is a product of feeling pressure to live up to the hype.

Said it before and I will say it again....until Willie changes the form on his shot, he will continue to be streaky from behind the arc and inconsistent with any pull-up jump shot around 15ft. Not ragging on him, just making a complete, honest mechanical statement.

Last edited:
Yeah, to me it just leaves way more room for error. Just go into a gym and put a ton of arc on your shot and see how many you hit.

When he puts arc on it like that, you would first think it increases his chance of making the basket because there is more surface area in the basket...but in reality it cancels it out, if you take that shot to a normal arc it actually would be as if he was shooting further out on the floor...

So basically Cade is shooting NBA 3pt shots all night...

I'm wondering if the Big Ball has anything to do with this or if he has always shot like this...i used the Big Ball a few times in college and saw no benefit from it, i was like "why practice with a ball i cant use in a game?"...Do women practice with Mens balls to help them shoot?

Willie took some really crappy shots, he jacked a 3 with one guy back on a turnover it made no sense. At times Willie played lazy D and made poor decisions. I watched Uconn last night and they drive drive drive. Seems like Willie could have taken it to the hole at will last night but as usual he waited until the game was over before he started the dribble drives padding stats. Why doesn't he do this from the starting whisle?

I like our team tempo better when TMG plays the point.

Something is up here not sure what is going on.

I've noticed the attitude stuff with Willie too. There was a point in yesterday's game that Willie either missed an easy shot, or turned it over, and he pretty much stood still and pouted why every other player ran down the court. Can't have your leader acting that way. I hated it when Blake did that his frosh year, and I hate it that Willie is doing it now. Wish Capel would have yanked his *** out to prove a point.

Better shot selection would also help WW. Seems like he is ALWAYS 4-5 feet behind the line, and like yesterday when he caught that pass on the break and simply turned and fired up the 3. Just not real good shot selection.

It looked like Willie got a little frustrated last night when he was driving to the basket and would get hacked by 2-3 guys and get no call. I mean I really can't remember when OU has shot that few FT's against such a crappy team. Its like the officials just wanted to get out of there and not prolong the game more than they really had to.

Said it before and I will say it again....until Willie changes the form on his shot, he will continue to be streaky from behind the arc and inconsistent with any pull-up jump shot around 15ft. Not ragging on him, just making a complete, honest mechanical statement.

He does tend to jack it up from the hip quite a bit. His intermediate game is also nonexistent and he relies on the mostly inside to a little outside game.

He does tend to jack it up from the hip quite a bit. His intermediate game is also nonexistent and he relies on the mostly inside to a little outside game.

This is primarily why I think he shoots so many three pointers 3-4 feet behind the arc. To some extent he may be trying to demonstrate range for scouts, fan, opponents, whomever. But most defenses, save the Kansas' of the world, are not going to be able to pressure Willie past 20' or so because then they are vulnerable to the dribble drive.

Right now Willie needs that 3-4 feet just to get his three point shot off, his current mechanics don't allow him to let it go when closely guarded. Same thing for his mid-range game, he has to get to the cup for a lay-up/dunk or a floater on the run...he doesn't have the pull-up mechanics at this time.

I was at the game, saw nothing of the sort. Where were you sitting at the game to see this?

Wasn't at the game, was at church. But I have just seen a little attitude from WW and considering him being held out in Alaska for seemingly suspicious reasons I think it is worth discussing...

I didn't see anything wrong with Willie. He was frustrated that he couldn't hit a shot but I don't think he acted inappropriately. Do you want no emotion from the guy?

yea, i'm not seeing what all you guys are seeing (lately)...

I have been seeing a guy that is just frustrated with himself and letting his teammates get going...yea i'd like him to be more aggressive to start and not settle for 3's, but he can shoot and i have confidence in him...

We are all expecting him to be Blake and be a superstar, and at times he is (actually most of the time he is)...but has anyone thought that maybe Blake and the demeanor/leadership he played with is what you see out of a guy maybe once a decade?

Willie is fine and will be a lottery pick and is a great talent, he just happens to be playing on a team that is working on its identity and he is trying to find his within this team as well...

When he puts arc on it like that, you would first think it increases his chance of making the basket because there is more surface area in the basket...but in reality it cancels it out, if you take that shot to a normal arc it actually would be as if he was shooting further out on the floor...

So basically Cade is shooting NBA 3pt shots all night...

I'm wondering if the Big Ball has anything to do with this or if he has always shot like this...i used the Big Ball a few times in college and saw no benefit from it, i was like "why practice with a ball i cant use in a game?"...Do women practice with Mens balls to help them shoot?
Haha the big ball. About as much fun as the heavy ball.

In college they were turning me into a PG (SG in high school) and made me dribble the big ball (well two of them at once) during ballhandling drills and other drills involving handling and passing. Never thought it helped much, other than get me yelled at when the ball would get stolen. (****, it's a big ball, my grandmother could steal it!)

And then comes the heavy ball. I remember doing the Mikan drills with a heavy ball then almost breaking the backboard with my first lay up with a real ball in practice. Silly stuff.

The big ball's only use to me would be in rebounding drills to make sure there were more misses. But then why not just put the bubble on?

Right now Willie needs that 3-4 feet just to get his three point shot off, his current mechanics don't allow him to let it go when closely guarded.

Agreed. That is what I like about Pledger and Crocker's shots.

In college they were turning me into a PG (SG in high school) and made me dribble the big ball (well two of them at once) during ballhandling drills and other drills involving handling and passing. Never thought it helped much, other than get me yelled at when the ball would get stolen. (****, it's a big ball, my grandmother could steal it!)

And then comes the heavy ball. I remember doing the Mikan drills with a heavy ball then almost breaking the backboard with my first lay up with a real ball in practice. Silly stuff.

The big ball's only use to me would be in rebounding drills to make sure there were more misses. But then why not just put the bubble on?

The only thing the big ball did for me was it forced you to spread your fingers more so that when you got the regular ball it felt like you had more control but it was very temporary. Also, after using the big ball it was really easy to grip and palm a regular ball.

The only thing the big ball did for me was it forced you to spread your fingers more so that when you got the regular ball it felt like you had more control but it was very temporary. Also, after using the big ball it was really easy to grip and palm a regular ball.

It made your hand grow??? Dang, maybe i should have worked with it more...

Now that is HI-larious...

yea, i pretty much hated the Heavy ball as well...but was fun for us to see how many times we could dunk it vertical in a row...

For our ball handling they had us use those visors that cut off your vision below you...loads of fun in those full court 1 on 1 drills...

It made your hand grow??? Dang, maybe i should have worked with it more...

LOL, that would have been nice, but no it makes you spread your fingers more to compensate for the size of the ball.

And there are so many "That's what she said" comments in this thread.

And there are so many "That's what she said" comments in this thread.

:capelspin

Back