would you want to be a guard at Arizona?

DFWHoopster

Reaction score
Arizona gives up 99 pts to BYU at home and loses by 30. PG Jimmer Fredette goes for 49 for BYU. 16-23 from the field (9-13 from 3), 7 rebs, 9 assists. They made this guy look like Kobe. Sean Miller was absolutely livid during the game. He kept pulling his guards but no one was giving any effort on the defensive end. I think practice is going to be no fun for Arizona this week.

That actually looks more like a Lebron stat line with the boards and dimes. ;)

Lot like our problems on defense except our coach doesn't pull anyone.

If our guards had a defense competion against Arizona's, we would barely win.

I watched part of this game and it was embarrassing for Arizona. Nothing like watching 5 white guys penetrate and dish at will. They had nothing but wide open looks from anywhere they wanted. Our D looks like a steel curtain compared to what I watched, but they didn't look this bad when they played us.

you have to feel for Nic Wise. From what I hear, he is a good kid. Most of Miller's ire for the lack of effort was directed at Wise and probably deservedly so since he is the senior leader. But the guy has had to play for 4 coaches in 4 years. I know he was considering a transfer to a big 12 school where he would have been granted a waiver and eligible immediately this year due to the coaching carousel. Miller convinced him to stay and now he has to suffer through what looks like will be a trainwreck of a season.

Wow theres a lot of hate on these boards right now.

You do feel bad for Nic Wise, the kid is a player.

Back