You need a defensive rebound

thebigabd

Reaction score
15 seconds left. One timeout remaining.

Down 1, Big 12 championship game...

Kansas has the worst free throw shooter in the nation on the foul line. He's going to miss.

You need a defensive rebound off the missed free throw. Kansas is lined up to crash the boards.

Which former Sooner do you want in position to get the rebound?

Sallier Manyang close second with Spangler lurking. Man I can't decide.

1. Blake Griffin
2. Eduardo Najera
3. Ryan Spangler
4. Kevin Bookout

again based on who i have seen play
1. Eduardo Najera (most hustle/will OU b-ball player)
2. Blake Griffin (Man amongst boys)
3. Ernie Abercrombie (Senior Year undersized but so what)
4. Ryan Spangler (tough/new his role)
5. Daryan Selvy (bounce out of the gym)

Wwt.....

<------------------

Last edited:
Man, other than maybe NAIA, most people must forget the greatest rebounders in OU history. I didn't see them all in person, but here is my list. In order:
1. Alvin Adams
2. Blake Griffin
3. Wayman Tisdale
4. Harvey Grant
5. Gar Heard
6. Ryan Spangler
7. Eduardo Najera
Bonus pick- Ernie Abercrombie

Man, other than maybe NAIA, most people must forget the greatest rebounders in OU history. I didn't see them all in person, but here is my list. In order:
1. Alvin Adams
2. Blake Griffin
3. Wayman Tisdale
4. Harvey Grant
5. Gar Heard
6. Ryan Spangler
7. Eduardo Najera

Great call on Harvey Grant. Dude was a rebounding machine. Choo Kennedy was like 6-5 max and was an offensive rebounding machine as well.

Off a free throw? Adams or Blake. Lose ball rebound? Najera

1. Alvin Adams
2. Blake Griffin
3. Wayman Tisdale
4. Harvey Grant
5. Gar Heard
6. Ryan Spangler
7. Eduardo Najera

Great list!

Would love to have one of those guys on the team next year.

I'm going to go outside the box here and pick Clifford Ray. I understand he was a much better NBA player than college player, but since he was DEFINITELY the best NBA rebounder OU has ever produced, I think if you put him back in college and needed a rebound with the game on the line, he would have delivered.

Here were his rebounding averages during his top-5 NBA seasons: 12.2, 10.6, 10.6, 10.5, 9.6. And I'm not sure the NBA has seen a better big-man coach ("big-man coach" is how he referred to himself).

I'm going to go outside the box here and pick Clifford Ray. I understand he was a much better NBA player than college player, but since he was DEFINITELY the best NBA rebounder OU has ever produced, I think if you put him back in college and needed a rebound with the game on the line, he would have delivered.

Here were his rebounding averages during his top-5 NBA seasons: 12.2, 10.6, 10.6, 10.5, 9.6. And I'm not sure the NBA has seen a better big-man coach ("big-man coach" is how he referred to himself).

He was pretty good on stage appearing in”Anything Goes” on stage at OU

February of 2003. Kansas in Norman.

Jabahri Brown is playing great, but he gets his bell rung and is OUT on the floor early in the first half. After JB staggers to the locker room Kelvin has a peek at his bench and points to Jozsef Szendrei. In goes the big Hungarian to do battle with Wayne Simien, Nick Collison and Jeff Graves, a massive front line that would eventually lead the Chickenhawks to the Final Four in New Orleans. Yo-Yo never gives an inch, and collects 11 rebounds without attempting a shot in 23 minutes of dirty work.

If I need one rebound.....one lone carom off the defensive glass, I'm calling in Jozsef Szendrei.

February of 2003. Kansas in Norman.

Jabahri Brown is playing great, but he gets his bell rung and is OUT on the floor early in the first half. After JB staggers to the locker room Kelvin has a peek at his bench and points to Jozsef Szendrei. In goes the big Hungarian to do battle with Wayne Simien, Nick Collison and Jeff Graves, a massive front line that would eventually lead the Chickenhawks to the Final Four in New Orleans. Yo-Yo never gives an inch, and collects 11 rebounds without attempting a shot in 23 minutes of dirty work.

If I need one rebound.....one lone carom off the defensive glass, I'm calling in Jozsef Szendrei.

https://youtu.be/cH-K3MU7-fA?t=38

Alvin averaged 13 boards a game for OU. Plenty of size and extremely smart so he will ready for anything. Najera the toughest. Blake an obvious freak jumping and great hands. Wayman could block out the sun with that butt didn’t always use it but would at end of the game. He also had unbelievable hands!
Choi was a great offensive rebounder however he benefited from Wayman being triple teamed.

Back