#18 OU at #14 Indiana 5:30 3/25 on ESPN2

Just couldn’t stop Holmes in the 4th quarter. After we got behind late I thought we rushed and panicked a bit and that was the end for us.

Just emphasizes what we all know….we have good guards but like a lot of teams we need a skilled center and there aren’t enough of them to go around. Hopefully Jennie’s success will make us attractive to one.
Great Year though!!!

Maybe if that IU girl doesn't karate chop skyler across the nose while shooting the layup, and then a no call after review? Doesn't matter it wasn't intentional contact to the head is at least a flagrant 1, and Vann was pushed on the play where she missed the pass. But when you shoot 4/24 from 3 no one to blame but yourselves. Next year looks brighter, but a big still an issue, Liz Scott will help but she's not tall enough. KJ needs to play more, I think. Can't have a 5'3" starting point guard, you just can't. Reyna can play, she just needs minutes.

I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to echo what 'Cuda posted above. We looked like we had a case of nerves in the game's final minutes after playing really good ball against a skilled and talented team for the better part of four quarters. And that Holmes girl is a handful when she gets the ball in the post.

Anyhow, I don't care to hear the negative stuff (low basketball IQ, etc.). This program is progressing nicely under Jennie and I believe much better days for OU Women's Basketball may be just around the corner.

I think with a better center, Holmes wouldn't have scored as much in the 2nd half and we would have won that game, probably by about 7+ points. There's just not much room for error when you are undersized in every single position game after game against good opponents and that ended up costing us unfortunately. I sincerely hope JB grabs a good center from the portal, if she gets anyone at all. Overall this was a season that could have been ugly, but they regrouped wonderfully and made fans proud. Never out of a game until the very end throughout the season. We'll be better next year, bringing back about 99% of our production, plus 3 new bodies!

I like Tot for point guard but, towards the end of the season, it seems she needed to make some adjustments in her play, maybe not go to the basket against much taller players. But I believe the team as a whole had problems at the end. Maybe other teams knew how to play them, maybe we were tired from playing such fast paced ball. Pressure at the end? I definitely believe we will be better next year. If Scott is back at full strength, she will be a big help against bigger players, even if she is only 6"2". She is strong and experienced around the basket. Look how a 5' 9" Williams does. We also have a 6'3", 6'4"", and 6'5" coming back. With the improvement the two Sophomores made this year, if they can do the same that will be huge. And hopefully our Freshman will improve also. BUT what a great season they providedfpr fans.

Don't get me wrong I am not pinning our issues on Tot, but I do believe she is enough of a liability as far as her size and ball handling that we need to consider other options at PG next year. Turnovers are a huge issue for us, not last night until the end, but all season long otherwise.

A deeper dive into the box score reveals our 5 starters, playing a total of 128 minutes, made 1 3 pt basket in 21 attempts, that by Peyton, who was 1/7. Aubrey Joens, by herself, made 3 3pt baskets in 3 attempts, and was 6/7 overall and 1/1 ft, in only 22 minutes. Sometimes you have to shake up your normal rotation and go with the hot hand. Oh, and 0 turnovers. Keyes was having an off night, but still played 30 min compared to Joens 22. Aubrey is for sure a streaky shooter and when she starts making them she usually continues. Just my $.02 Tot 0/10, Vann needed 23 shots to get 20 pts. We needed to keep Aubrey in.

A deeper dive into the box score reveals our 5 starters, playing a total of 128 minutes, made 1 3 pt basket in 21 attempts, that by Peyton, who was 1/7. Aubrey Joens, by herself, made 3 3pt baskets in 3 attempts, and was 6/7 overall and 1/1 ft, in only 22 minutes. Sometimes you have to shake up your normal rotation and go with the hot hand. Oh, and 0 turnovers. Keyes was having an off night, but still played 30 min compared to Joens 22. Aubrey is for sure a streaky shooter and when she starts making them she usually continues. Just my $.02 Tot 0/10, Vann needed 23 shots to get 20 pts. We needed to keep Aubrey in.
I think the problem with giving Aubrey more minutes is that your defense suffers. She doesn't move laterally as quickly as some of the others, Also, Lexy is our best defender of the other team's guards.

I thought the refs were wildly inconsistent in the 2nd half. It was too bad to be intentional. It was incompetence. In the first half then seemed to have it in for OU.

I thought that Indiana was just not very good. We should have beaten them. Maybe they just had a bad night shooting but they did not look like a very good team.

Oh well, at least Sooners gave Indiana a hard fought game! Great season and we are very proud of those ladies!

I have to say I am not impressed that Lexy plays much better defense than Aubrey, who is also 2 inches taller. And guard scoring was not what was getting us beat, it was inside play, and the only way we were going to beat that was outscore them. Our best chance to win would likely have been Skylar, Peyton, Aubrey, Reyna and either Culleton or Johnson whichever hasn't fouled out yet. Whether they score a layup or two ft its still two points, and we need our best scorers in. And sometimes Lexy is one of them but not that night

Won't there be a big upgrade in competition at the top of the SEC next season and can OU cope with that? Expect to be near 500% in conference if we have to play the likes of SC, LSU, etc, twice.

Won't there be a big upgrade in competition at the top of the SEC next season and can OU cope with that? Expect to be near 500% in conference if we have to play the likes of SC, LSU, etc, twice.
An upgrade but not a huge upgrade in overall schedule as the SEC decided to play 16 conference games….so we will play 1 team twice and the other 14 teams once. My guess is our rival to play twice will be Texas…but I suppose the rivalry game the SEC may decide for Texas could be A&M instead of us and then our rival game would likely be Arkansas or Missouri.

I feel like the SEC is more physical and unpredictable. What i mean is on any given night, if you have a team that can be turnover prone and undersized, you can lose to pretty much anyone. We will see. I hope next season we are even better and have all healthy players. I'd like to see Johnson hit the weight room, Culliton do some plyometrics and work on actually jumping when she tries to score (she got blocked way too many times) and Scott not foul as much as she has in her 3 previous seasons. Allen has a solid looking jumper but she didnt play enough for me to have a solid read on her. I do think we could use one more 6'3" or taller kid that can actually score back to the basket and maybe a productive veteran, like Chen from Princeton or something similar. Doubt we'll actually get either for some reason.

Back