#18 OU vs #9 Texas 2pm 1/29

As always Vic makes you play a physical ugly game. But we hung in the game and we played tough defense physical today also. Liz Scott made the 1 bucket we needed from her. Madi 23 points 9 rebounds. Taylor with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Good game from Kelbie..having her back makes a difference. On to Baylor next.

It was obvious after Vic Schaefer left Texas A&M that he was more responsible for their success than 'The Candy Man'. This game today was exactly like playing Texas A&M a few years ago.

How any official could miss that foul where Liz Scott was knocked down by Ebo (?) is beyond me.

Was that a headband that Texas #31 had around her neck? Strange....,

Recruit at the game. Taliyah Parker?

Attachments

• E94980AC-EB75-4246-BE08-A2FC1B5CA08F.jpg
    E94980AC-EB75-4246-BE08-A2FC1B5CA08F.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 22
So we won by two points!!! We can thank Vic for that two shot Technical he blessed us with.

It was obvious after Vic Schaefer left Texas A&M that he was more responsible for their success than 'The Candy Man'. This game today was exactly like playing Texas A&M a few years ago.

How any official could miss that foul where Liz Scott was knocked down by Ebo (?) is beyond me.

That wasn't a foul – that was a forearm shiver.;)

It has something to do with concussion prevention. She has had 4 and it supposedly improves blood flow to her head

It has something to do with concussion prevention. She has had 4 and it supposedly improves blood flow to her head

That's fascinating! If it works, we'll see more players wearing that on their neck.

My take on the game-winning layup by Liz Scott:

The official absolutely made the right call (blocking foul) on that play. But considering the regularity of offensive foul calls this season, I'm a little surprised it wasn't called against Liz.

I see the game called differently. Defensive players in the paint are virtually never allowed to establish and maintain their position as the offensive player can take their butt and them back at will with any call going on the defender more than not. Offensive player is allowed to use the forearm at will including hooking the defender with the elbow. JMHO!

I see the game called differently. Defensive players in the paint are virtually never allowed to establish and maintain their position as the offensive player can take their butt and them back at will with any call going on the defender more than not. Offensive player is allowed to use the forearm at will including hooking the defender with the elbow. JMHO!

We may be more in agreement than you think, SS. You're talking about an offensive player backing in and hooking a defender. I'm referring to a defender sliding into the path of an offensive player who's driving to the basket. Oftentimes, the defender has never established position, but they still get the benefit of a charging call.

Back