2009-2010 starting line-up prediction (8.30.09)

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Since it is slow, take a chance and name the starting five for the first game.

Mine:

Willie Warren
Cade Davis
Tony Crocker
Tiny Gallon
Orlando Allen

I eventually think that TMG will start, but I can see Coach easing him in a bit. Until then, I like Cade getting the nod because he is a veteran that does all the little things right (screens, rebounds, passing, limits TOs). I like Ryan Wright as the first big off the bench instead of Orlando because he can come in and play either post position. I also think that both Pledger and Willis have a chance to really cut into Cade's minutes if they can defend.

What is your prediction?

Last edited:
Re: 2009-2010 starting line-up prediction (8.29.09)

Bigtime,

I am going to go with this lineup:

PG: Willie Warren
SG: Cade Davis
SG: Tony Crocker
PF: Tiny Gallon
C: Orlando Allen

Same as you. We agree!

I agree with both Big and abd until about January and I think it'll look a little something like this:

PG: Tommy Mason-Griffin
SG: Willie Warren
SF: Tony Crocker
PF: Tiny Gallon
C: Ryan Wright

I went with Wright because he is a senior, a great kid, and we've all been hearing things about his godly physique.

I guess Chris Walker doesn't have any eligibility left.

I'm going to throw not a starting lineup, but one that will get some play IMO.

Willie Warren
Tony Crocker
Ray Willis
Andrew Fitzgerald
Tiny Gallon

That is our best offensive lineup.

Since it is slow, take a chance and name the starting five for the first game.

Mine:

Willie Warren
Cade Davis
Tony Crocker
Tiny Gallon
Orlando Allen

I eventually think that TMG will start, but I can see Coach easing him in a bit. Until then, I like Cade getting the nod because he is a veteran that does all the little things right (screens, rebounds, passing, limits TOs). I like Ryan Wright as the first big off the bench instead of Orlando because he can come in and play either post position. I also think that both Pledger and Willis have a chance to really cut into Cade's minutes if they can defend.

What is your prediction?

No one is ever going to pay me to coach a basketball team (so I probably don't know what I am talking about) but if I were Capel and planning on TMG being my starting pg, I would want him on the floor as early as possible getting experience. Therefore, I would start him from day one unless I had serious questions about his ability to be my starting point in conference play.

1st game
1. Willie Warren
2. Tony Crocker
3. Cade Davis
4. Ryan Wright
5. Tiny Gallon

Feburary
1. Tommy Mason-Griffin
2. Willie Warren
3. Tony Crocker
4. Ryan Wright
5. Tiny Gallon

1st game
1. Willie Warren
2. Tony Crocker
3. Cade Davis
4. Ryan Wright
5. Tiny Gallon

Mid-December
1. Tommy Mason-Griffin
2. Willie Warren
3. Tony Crocker
4. Ryan Wright
5. Tiny Gallon

My prediction.

I think Wright starts over Allen, and it wouldn't shock me to see TMG start from day 1. If he doesn't, I think it has more to do with Capel wanting to assert WW, and as the starting pg, it will be easier to get him the ball in the early going, then it will have to do with TMG being ready.

Willie Warren
Cade Davis
Tony Crocker
Tiny Gallon
Ryan Wright

If Davis can hit from the perimeter at a high percentage I think he sticks. If not TMG will probably crack the lineup by the end of December.

I am drinking the Pledger kool-aid now, all my logic says not to pin my hopes on this true freshman but I am going with my gut.

PG WW
SG Pledger
SF Crocker
PF Tiny
C Big O

I am drinking the Pledger kool-aid now, all my logic says not to pin my hopes on this true freshman but I am going with my gut.

PG WW
SG Pledger
SF Crocker
PF Tiny
C Big O

I'm drinking the same kool-aid! Im not sure if he will start from the beginning, but I have a feeling we will see him there more than one might think. However, I think our lineups will be a little different.

PG Dub Dub
SG Pledger
SF Crocker
PF Wright
C Tiny

WW
TMG
Crocker
Davis
Tiny

Because Crock and Cade are both long, they can in effect play the four. Obviously when the team plays "larger" teams then OU might need another big and when that happens I think Ryan gets the nod over Cade.

I'm drinking the same kool-aid! Im not sure if he will start from the beginning, but I have a feeling we will see him there more than one might think. However, I think our lineups will be a little different.

PG Dub Dub
SG Pledger
SF Crocker
PF Wright
C Tiny

How is Wright more of a PF than Tiny? To me, Tiny is the perfect example of a "4", b/c of his height and his range. And Wright, given his offensive limitations, is kind of a center. You probably let Wright guard the "taller/bigger" guy too.

How is Wright more of a PF than Tiny? To me, Tiny is the perfect example of a "4", b/c of his height and his range. And Wright, given his offensive limitations, is kind of a center. You probably let Wright guard the "taller/bigger" guy too.

For me... they are mostly interchangeable. It does not make a diff if one is PF or C.... so would PF/C be better?

PG Dub Dub
SG Pledger
SF Crocker
PF Wright
C Tiny

I've stated all along...If we treat the WW situation the same way Davidson treated the Steph Curry situation and start WW at the point...By everything I've read and heard Pledger will start at the SG...

I keep hearing:
1. Pridefull defender
2. Great shooter
3. amerging playmaker
4. Great teammate
5. Solid rebounder

And if he doesnt start he'll play big minutes, and push the upperclassmen for more...

I've stated all along...If we treat the WW situation the same way Davidson treated the Steph Curry situation and start WW at the point...By everything I've read and heard Pledger will start at the SG...

I keep hearing:
1. Pridefull defender
2. Great shooter
3. amerging playmaker
4. Great teammate
5. Solid rebounder

And if he doesnt start he'll play big minutes, and push the upperclassmen for more...

TMG will move into a starting position first.

Back