2010-2011 Starting Lineup

thebigabd

Reaction score
PG: Carl Blair (6'2'' 205-Soph) - Transfer from the University of New Orleans. Started in 29 of 30 games with the Privateers last season, averaging 9.2 points and 4.4 rebounds per contest. He also led the team in assists with 112.

Quotes:

"Carl's basketball IQ and vision are terrific," UNO Coach Joe Pasternack said. "We're really excited to have him."

"Carl makes everybody around him better," Pasternack said.

SG: Cade Davis (6'5'' 200 - Senior) - Averaged 9.9 points, 3.9 rebounds, 1.0 assist and a team-high 1.5 steals in 31.8 minutes per outing ... Played at least 36 minutes in each of last 10 games and in 14 of last 15 ... Shot .392 from the field, .347 from 3-point range and .778 from the free throw line.

SF: Cameron Clark (6'7'' 200 - Freshman) - Clark averaged 21.0 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.6 steals per game last year as a junior for a 27-8 Bearcats' team that advanced to the regional quarterfinals of the Class 4A state tournament. He shot .460 from the field, .360 from 3-point territory and .720 from the free throw line.

Quotes:

"Cameron is an elite level athlete who has his best basketball in front of him," said Capel. "I don't think he's begun to scratch the surface of who he can become.

"Because of his athleticism, he has the ability to make some 'wow' plays. He shoots the ball very well from mid-range and he can shoot it to 3 (-point range). He also has the ability to do things off the bounce. I anticipate him being a big-time wing player for us, a guy who can be a tremendous defender and one who'll be flying around making plays all over the floor. We're very excited that he's a Sooner."

PF: CJ Washington (6'7'' 210-Junior) - Washington averaged 19.2 points and 12.9 rebounds a game en route to earning first-team Junior College All-American honors. He led Connors to a 58-13 record over two seasons and set a school record with 26 rebounds in a game this past season.

Quote: “Athletic 225-pound power man averaged 21.3 points and 13.5 rebounds in games we watched,” said basketball recruiting guru Van Coleman on Washington. “He was all over the glass and finished everything in close. Has quicks to defend the high post four spot. He should get lots of mid and high major looks this spring.”

C: Andrew Fitzgerald (6'8'' 260)- Played in 26 of team's 31 games and made 11 starts ... Seven starts came in the final seven games ... Averaged 4.8 points, 2.0 rebounds and 0.5 assists in 15.7 minutes a contest ... Ranked third on team with his .511 field goal percentage and also shot .638 from the free throw line (30-for-47) ... Averaged 13.0 points on 19-for-32 (.594) shooting over a three-game February stretch against Colorado, Kansas State and Kansas

Blair
Pledger
Davis
Washington
Fitz

To start the year...fully expect TJ and Cam to make an impact, but i'm not ready to say either will start right away...only reason i think Blair and Washington will start right away is because there is no one else at those positions...and someone has to start, right?

Blair
Pledger
Davis
Washington
Fitz

To start the year...fully expect TJ and Cam to make an impact, but i'm not ready to say either will start right away...only reason i think Blair and Washington will start right away is because there is no one else at those positions...and someone has to start, right?
I agree with this. Cameron may start by Big 12 season but to start the year it'll be more experienced guys.

Are we done recruiting for this year with Blair? Or are we still looking for more guard depth?

Looks like you can add another point guard if the Newell kid comitted as is being reported.

I would expect Newell to start of Blair, but I guess you don't really know yet (I know the OP was made before the Newell commit).

But I'd agree with everything else.
If Pledger makes some good strides and shows the ability to put the ball on the floor in the off-season, he could be starting ahead of Cam.

If Newell is here aren't we about full up on scholarships?

If Newell is here aren't we about full up on scholarships?

I believe we are at 11.

FR:
Newell
Cam
TJ
Neal

SO:
Pledger
Fitz
Hardrick
Blair

JR:
CJ
Thompson

SR:
Cade

Should have 2 left. Likely will use 1 or none of the two remaining, though.
Ideally, you'd like to have 2 open so we are guaranteed to have 3 to give for 2011. But I think Terrence Jones might be the only player we are saving a ship for at this point. Perhaps Honore could be awarded one instead if he is on the team or returns to the team or whatever.

I would expect Newell to start of Blair, but I guess you don't really know yet (I know the OP was made before the Newell commit).

But I'd agree with everything else.
If Pledger makes some good strides and shows the ability to put the ball on the floor in the off-season, he could be starting ahead of Cam.

I will take a guy who averages 10 points, 4 rebounds, and had 112 assists in D-1 basketball over a brand new freshman recruit who chose OU over Niagra.

I also think that Blair will start, since he has D-1 experience. Although Newell did go to prep school, which is basically juco without losing a year of eligibility.

I think the most important factor is going to be how well everyone interacts and how the team gels together. Last year it never gelled, at least in my opinion. Which ever PG does the best of getting them most out of his the other players will get the most time. That being said I am happy that we have went from barely enough to play to having enough to practice in the span of what ten days?

Wait, can this Blair guy play right away? Why doesn't he have to sit out a year like other transfers?

UNO is dropping down to Div III so all thier players are able to transfer without having to set out a year.

Oh, I see. Thanks.

PG - Carl Blair
SG - Stephen Pledger
SF - Cade Davis
PF - CJ Washington
C - Andrew Fitzgerald

Bench: T.J. Taylor, Cameron Clark, Nick Thompson, Calvin Newell

Back