2019 Recruiting Class

CoachTalk

Reaction score
This class has a chance to be huge, Top 10 type class.

Commits
De’Vion Harmon 6’0 PG ranked 30-40 range by most sites
5star talent.

In the fold
Jalen Wilson 6’6 SF ranked 50ish
Harmon’s teammate and great friend, recruited hard by harmon and family hard

Charles smith iv 6’5 SG ranked 50ish Houston Texas kid tough as nails

Terry Armstrong 6’5 SG Ranked 50ish Scottsdale az,

Drew Timme 6’9 C/PF ranked 130ish shooting big that Lon likes teammate Aau with guyer boys.

Last edited:
Love seeing the momentum we have right now. Such a relief after last year's woes.

Is Charles Smith IV the son of a kid who was from Fort Worth Dunbar and later starred at New Mexico? He was a player for the Lobos, and he led Dunbar to the state title in '93.

Coachtalk,
Do you think Tyrese Maxey is in play for OU?
Wagner guard from Kansas as well??

Also, do you still like OU's chance with Khavon Moore?

Coachtalk,
Do you think Tyrese Maxey is in play for OU?
Wagner guard from Kansas as well??

Also, do you still like OU's chance with Khavon Moore?

No on maxey.
Drawing a blank on wagner...

Yes I think Moore 2018 kid is a lock.

I don’t think you understand what “In the fold” means. No offense intended.

I do appreciate all of your info, so thank you.

I don’t think you understand what “In the fold” means. I do appreciate all of your info, so thank you.

“In the fold” to me is a recruit who grew up in a diehard OU family. His mother, grandparents, uncle and cousins are sometimes seen in OU apparel. Boomer Sooner is not a theme song, it’s a way of life on game day.

Doesn’t mean signing a kid like Jalen is automatic. Success is not guaranteed when the blue bloods get involved. But I would rather be in OU’s position than be a coach at a school trying to make up for lost time on a kid who will (hopefully) want to please his family on signing day, not to mention play with one of his best friends and current teammate, De’ Vion Harmon.

How am I doing?

I have heard similar things about this class. I was told today by a coach with ties to OU that he thinks OU lands Wilson. This class could be special.

CoachTalk might want to make a change on his recruiting list. Wilson said in an interview I saw last night he is 6’ 8” now.

CoachTalk might want to make a change on his recruiting list. Wilson said in an interview I saw last night he is 6’ 8” now.

Can we get an updated list based on guys we're still targeting and wanting?

I assume it looks like

PG: Harmon
SG: Armstrong/Smith
SF: Wilson
PF: ???
C: ???? and Issanza

Haven't heard much about the PF/C positions. Obviously guys like Robinson-Earl are likely out of the picture due to KS and other blue bloods.

Last edited:
Can we get an updated list based on guys we're still targeting and wanting?

I assume it looks like

PG: Harmon
SG: Armstrong/Smith
SF: Wilson
PF: ???
C: ???? and Issanza

Haven't heard much about the PF/C positions. Obviously guys like Robinson-Earl are likely out of the picture due to KS and other blue bloods.

Yeah, I’d like to know about Timme.

PG
Dekeyvan Tandy (UK close to him)
Joseph Girard III (Mich duke)

SG
Zach Harvey (KU kid but they can pressure late and get)
Smith
Terry Armstrong (flint mich kid) tough athletic

g/f
Malik Hall
Jalen wilson

Timme
Issanza (I think this is an offer but not committable at this time)

They aren't afraid to recruit against the big dogs.

Wabash Valley Power Forward, Austin Trice, should be on that list. The reports I’ve read say he has an OU offer. One report said our coaches are putting a full court press on to sign him.

Wabash Valley Power Forward, Austin Trice, should be on that list. The reports I’ve read say he has an OU offer. One report said our coaches are putting a full court press on to sign him.

Trice is 2018.

Back