2022 commit Luke Northweather

LFG! He's the prototypical build for Moser's system and will have time to develop.

AWESOME NEW! I like what I have read online and seen of Luke on highlight videos!

Welcome to the OU family, young man!!! :OUbball-logo:

I really thought he was going to mizzou. Nice pickup.

Glad he committed! He has a sweet stroke i'll say that. However, I can't find any video of him against competition larger than a bunch of 5-11 looking guys.

If he wants to bring his 6'10" older bro as a walk-on I'd take him too......started 16 games at Truman St last season...averaged almost 10 ppg and 4 rpg and shot 35% from 3

I watched this. How did the Jevon Porter kid go to Pepperdine? He’s not bad. His little brother is pretty good too. I guess the Porter family is done with Mizzou?

With Norweather, I see why Moser offered him. He can handle and pass on the perimeter pretty good for a 6ft10 kid. Looks to have a shooting touch too. I couldn’t get a gauge on how athletic he is. He moves OK. Got blown by on the perimeter a few times on this clip. However as a 5 he won’t be switched on to guards as much since most programs hedge and recover or ice screens.

I can see him as a decent pick and pop or cutting 5 after a good weight program and a year of experience.

Last edited:
Northweather may not be a finished product right now, but his potential jumps off of the page in this paragraph from his Gatorade POY article!

The 6-foot-10, 220-pound senior forward averaged 29.2 points and 11.4 rebounds per game this past season, leading the Falcons (26-2) to the Class 4, District 9 championship game. Northweather also clicked for 3.4 assists, 2.4 blocks and 2.0 steals per game, connecting on 71.6 percent of his field-goal attempts, including 38.8 percent of his 3-pointers. A two-time Tri-County Conference Player of the Year, he scored a career-high 51 points in a 91-41 win over Eldon High on Feb. 8. He concluded his prep basketball career with 2,018 points.

https://www.komu.com/highschoolspor...cle_1565515a-a636-11ec-9200-474e2d35fc36.html

Northweather may not be a finished product right now, but his potential jumps off of the page in this paragraph from his Gatorade POY article!

https://www.komu.com/highschoolspor...cle_1565515a-a636-11ec-9200-474e2d35fc36.html

Thanks for the article Ada. At first, I was meh to the highest degree. But i'm really starting to warm up to this cat. Like I said earlier sweet stroke and already has some weight. If he plays physical and rebounds we will have something. Seems to be able to score. I'm chalking this one up to hopefully a great eval and find by Moser and staff.

Thanks for the article Ada. At first, I was meh to the highest degree. But i'm really starting to warm up to this cat. Like I said earlier sweet stroke and already has some weight. If he plays physical and rebounds we will have something. Seems to be able to score. I'm chalking this one up to hopefully a great eval and find by Moser and staff.

Stikboy, his high motor and rebounding with a purpose are the first things that caught my eye. He obviously needs to work on his defense, especially with smaller, quicker players. But, I think we’ll get that in time.

I couldn’t help but notice the praise he received from an opposing coach. He’s also a great student, and by all accounts a fine young man who makes a meaningful contribution to the community.

IMO, there’s a lot to like about Luke Northweather!

Was the rest of his HS team just average? Thought with such a tall center a HS team should finish higher in the state tournament.

Was the rest of his HS team just average? Thought with such a tall center a HS team should finish higher in the state tournament.

Missouri has a ton of basketball talent, including lots of tall guys. Top 5 guys in the class of 2022 are all 6’7” or taller, mostly 4 and 5 star guys.

Luke’s team lost in district to the eventual state runner up by 3 points. That team has two 6’9” guys, 3 star Jevon Porter, brother of Michae Porter Jr, and 2023 Evens Appolon, who is at least a 3 star.

Back