Sooners become more Fears-ed

Does this close the door on Kris Parker?
I wouldn't think so as they are different positions. As long as Parker is willing to come, just like Fears, you find a spot and NIL money to give him a "scholarship".

We have one more roster spot under the NCAA limit of 15 suiting up for game day, if I understand it correctly. Just means Lovelace and Jake Moser couldn't suit up.

Surely Lusk isn't defining it by his time, but I am curious how he defines "modern recruiting era."

For reference - Oklahoma All Time Basketball Recruits
Brody also said we haven’t had a player like this since Young. Apparently he doesn’t remember the guy who was a first team all league player three years ago and is now a top 50 player in the NBA. I wouldn’t put much stock in his tweets.

Brody also said we haven’t had a player like this since Young. Apparently he doesn’t remember the guy who was a first team all league player three years ago and is now a top 50 player in the NBA. I wouldn’t put much stock in his tweets.
I agree. However, Lusk apparently used that recruiting factoid in his exchange with Fears, per the article he wrote:
"...Fears becomes Oklahoma's second-highest rated recruit in the modern recruiting era, behind only Trae Young. Additionally, Fears will reclassify into the 2024 class and join Oklahoma's roster for their inaugural season in the SEC.

Fears is aware that he is the second-highest recruit Oklahoma has landed behind Young. He made a comparison to the Atlanta Hawks' star point guard, saying, "They’ll be getting another Trae Young." Fears added, "I think I play a little bit better defense than he did, and I think I am a little bit taller and stronger than he was. But basically, the same leader and playmaker that he was..."

I agree. However, Lusk apparently used that recruiting factoid in his exchange with Fears, per the article he wrote:
"...Fears becomes Oklahoma's second-highest rated recruit in the modern recruiting era, behind only Trae Young. Additionally, Fears will reclassify into the 2024 class and join Oklahoma's roster for their inaugural season in the SEC.

Fears is aware that he is the second-highest recruit Oklahoma has landed behind Young. He made a comparison to the Atlanta Hawks' star point guard, saying, "They’ll be getting another Trae Young." Fears added, "I think I play a little bit better defense than he did, and I think I am a little bit taller and stronger than he was. But basically, the same leader and playmaker that he was..."
That’s fair in that you might be right in saying that’s what Lusk meant, but he needs to be able to write clearly. It’s hard to tell with him since he considers every player on the team a stud lol.

So Sam is ‘off’ scholly and going the NIL pay for school route as has been rumored?

Sam deserves a massive shout out!

What a selfless move at a time when everyone seems to be looking out for themselves.

As for Fears, what a coup to get him. He has 1 and done potential. He is going to be top 10 ranked player if the websites adjust rankings post-peach jam.

Last edited:
It's easy to be excited about a 5-star player even if it's only for one year. if he plays well and is a high draft pick, that will reflect well on Coach Moser. As for Fears being the second highest recruit in OU history, I'm curious where Alvan Adams, Wayman Tisdale and Blake Griffin were ranked coming out of high school.

Jeremiah’s older brother, Jeremy, is on Michigan State. He got shot last year and had to miss most of the season.

It's easy to be excited about a 5-star player even if it's only for one year. if he plays well and is a high draft pick, that will reflect well on Coach Moser. As for Fears being the second highest recruit in OU history, I'm curious where Alvan Adams, Wayman Tisdale and Blake Griffin were ranked coming out of high school.
He isn’t a 5-star, at least as of now. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be excited.

He isn’t a 5-star, at least as of now. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be excited.
My best guess is one of the sites which has not been in business long has him as a 5-star and the second highest OU recruit ever. The ESPN-100 has him as a 4-star and the #24 overall player. That puts him nowhere close to being the second highest-rated prospect OU hoops has signed. Wayman, Alvan and Blake were all in the top 10. Drew Lavendar was higher than #24, and I believe even Jeff Webster was as well (both were Burger Boys). Regardless of the ranking, YES, we should all be EXCITED!

Sam deserves a massive shout out!

What a selfless move at a time when everyone seems to be looking out for themselves.

As for Fears, what a coup to get him. He has 1 and done potential. He is going to be top 10 ranked player if the websites adjust rankings post-peach jam.
moser better play him.. if not start him

Back