2022 Commit Otega Oweh

A terrific start to our 2022 class! He is the seventh-ranked (if my memory serves) scoring guard in the class, with those above him who have committed going to blue bloods and Baylor (which might be termed a blue blood of the current moment).

Kind of shocked to hear this is Moser’s highest rated recruit ever. I understand that he was not at a prominent program prior to OU, but what he did with his players was fantastic. I think this bodes very well for the future of our program.

Wow, great get. Moser with a bang out of the chute! And Turner of course..

Kind of shocked to hear this is Moser’s highest rated recruit ever. I understand that he was not at a prominent program prior to OU, but what he did with his players was fantastic. I think this bodes very well for the future of our program.
I agree it is an indication of things to come with Moser now being at a P5 conference with his staff and energy. But top 75 is a pretty good get for any coach and doesn't happen all that often or consistently outside the blue bloods or hot programs.

Lon only had 3 in his entire time here (McGusty, Harmon, Trae), and that was with a Final Four run in probably the best bball conference collectively during his tenure.

Great job and HUGE get for Moser and staff with only 6 months on the job and trying to make up time for the class of '22.

Super excited to have a top-75 player committed to this coming class! Congrats to the coaching staff! No doubt they must have put in a lot of work. Now, let's hope for a bit of a snowball effect.

Super excited to have a top-75 player committed to this coming class! Congrats to the coaching staff! No doubt they must have put in a lot of work. Now, let's hope for a bit of a snowball effect.

To flip a kid Whose brother played football at Penn State and was a first round pick from Penn State it’s impressive.

To flip a kid Whose brother played football at Penn State and was a first round pick from Penn State it’s impressive.

Plus his other brother is a sophomore walk-on who joined the Penn State basketball team a few months ago. So he would have been playing with his brother had he gone to PSU.

Wow. Just looked it up and his brother ran a 4.37 on his pro day at 257 pounds. There's some athleticism in those genes.

Sweet. Great start for Coach Moser.

I’m not sure we could ask for a better start to our 2022 class! I got excited about Oweh listening to what the 247Sports gurus had to say while I was waiting for the announcement. His “dog on defense” reputation and his ability to guard every position from 1-4 will get him on the floor next season. It’s obvious he already has a next level body.

247Sports Travis Banham:

"He's a very tough two-way guard. He's an absolute dog of a defender who can guard positions one through four. He's really strong, he's tough, he's athletic and he really gets after it on the defensive end. On the offensive end, he's continuing to improve. He's a great slasher in transition and also in the half court. His jump shot is continuing to improve, he's an effective mid-range shooter and he's continuing to get better from the perimeter. He's just a very valuable piece."

I couldn’t be happier with this pick up!

Moser the closer! Unbelievable get! NBA athleticism!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back