2022 Recruiting

trevahoma

Reaction score
Just saw this on 247...

Cason Wallace (G out of TX) moved up to a 5 star - #17 in the class

Recruitment: Thanks to a monster summer, Wallace has added offers from Arizona, Auburn, Creighton, Illinois, Kansas State, Mississippi State, Oklahoma and Texas Tech since June.

Why he rose: Even headed into the summer, contacts in Texas were adamant that Wallace was way underrated. His supporters in the Lone Star State talked the talk for Wallace, but he walked the walk by dominating wherever he went. A big time defender, scorer and dangerous pull-up jump shooter who can play on or off the ball, Wallace is tracking towards stardom.

Our number 1 target....

But dream school. UK.

Our number 1 target....

But dream school. UK.

Why would he be our #1 target then? Not trying to be facetious, sincerely asking why would we think we have any shot at him if he's a 5 star and UK is his dream school. There must be more to the story..........

Why would he be our #1 target then? Not trying to be facetious, sincerely asking why would we think we have any shot at him if he's a 5 star and UK is his dream school. There must be more to the story..........

You want them to concede with no fight? theyll be more options....

What if UK doesnt offer? We have been recruiting before he was a 3 star.

Well at least there's that...but how often does it pay off?

I’m sure all the people complaining would be thrilled if we didn’t try to
recruit four and five stars. My goodness some people truly do just look for things to complain about.

From outside Oklahoma? About twice in the last century. And we had a coach that cheated to get them.

Yep. VERY tough pull to get kids like that from outside of Oklahoma.

Take it easy folks. There was no complaining in my question and I didn't say don't try. It was an honest question about why do we have a chance if he's a five star and UK is his dream school.

I see the answers, he doesn't have a UK offer apparently and we have been in on him long before he was a five star. Ok, now I understand a little better.

No need to start fighting about it. To use a basketball phrase....."Same team, same team"!!!!

Of course more times than not a kid will pick UK of OU, like a kid would pick OU over Texas Tech in football...just different levels

Back