2024-25 Schedule News

And I literally explained what they are doing and can do to compensate for that.

They are bringing in Arkansas.
They are bringing in other big name opponents.
Colorado will have the allure of Deion, as long as he is there.
And maybe most importantly, they have a chance to be at the top of the Big 12 standings every year with OU/texas gone.

You think their stadium is going to be empty? They aren't going to sell any tickets? Any drop they see in ticket sales not having OU on the home schedule every other year is going to be so insignificant, it wouldn't be worth mentioning. Not to mention they'll be getting more from the conference in general.

Non-issue.
I'm no osu ticket expert, but here is an article suggesting they sold a few hundred more in 2022 vs 2021. They didn't play OU at home in 2022.

And I literally explained what they are doing and can do to compensate for that.

They are bringing in Arkansas.
They are bringing in other big name opponents.
Colorado will have the allure of Deion, as long as he is there.
And maybe most importantly, they have a chance to be at the top of the Big 12 standings every year with OU/texas gone.

You think their stadium is going to be empty? They aren't going to sell any tickets? Any drop they see in ticket sales not having OU on the home schedule every other year is going to be so insignificant, it wouldn't be worth mentioning. Not to mention they'll be getting more from the conference in general.

Non-issue.
Boulder you can "haha" all you want. I literally provided you a link that showed their season tickets increasing from a year they played OU at home to a year they didn't. Stop living in the past. I interact with osu fans daily and they've never been more excited about their program and attending games. OU not being on their schedule is not going to significantly impact their ticket sales. It hasn't in quite some time.

We host Georgia Tech in the SEC/ACC Challenge. A chance for both JMs to play their former teams. And for Lusk to resume his bromance with McCollum’s agent lol. Tech was not a good team, so gives us a good chance to win, but not much of a SOS boost, especially since it is at home.

We host Georgia Tech in the SEC/ACC Challenge. A chance for both JMs to play their former teams. And for Lusk to resume his bromance with McCollum’s agent lol. Tech was not a good team, so gives us a good chance to win, but not much of a SOS boost, especially since it is at home.
I personally feel in today's era, the "was not a good team" or "was a really good team" comments about a team from the year before are no longer relevant based on the mass changes a lot of teams now go through. Two years ago, Missouri ended up being a really good team and last year went 0-18 in the SEC. South Carolina two years ago was awful then last year won like 26 games after the changes they made last off-season.

It really is to a point where we are going to have to let the first 10-15 games play out and get to the beginning of conference seasons each year at this point to try and figure out who or what a lot of these teams are. Just seems to be the new normal for a lot of the teams out there at this point.

I personally feel in today's era, the "was not a good team" or "was a really good team" comments about a team from the year before are no longer relevant based on the mass changes a lot of teams now go through. Two years ago, Missouri ended up being a really good team and last year went 0-18 in the SEC. South Carolina two years ago was awful then last year won like 26 games after the changes they made last off-season.

It really is to a point where we are going to have to let the first 10-15 games play out and get to the beginning of conference seasons each year at this point to try and figure out who or what a lot of these teams are. Just seems to be the new normal for a lot of the teams out there at this point.
I think that’s fair to a degree. But there are teams like KU and Arizona who put together schedules each season where it’s basically a lock that several of their opponents will be outstanding. Looking at ours so far, there’s no one like that, unless we end up facing Zona or Gonzaga. Now that all of the games outside our control have been set (Michigan and Georgia Tech), it’s up to Moser to show that he learned from last season. Central Arkansas isn’t a good start, but hopefully it’s one of only a couple awful games on the schedule this time around.

I think that’s fair to a degree. But there are teams like KU and Arizona who put together schedules each season where it’s basically a lock that several of their opponents will be outstanding. Looking at ours so far, there’s no one like that, unless we end up facing Zona or Gonzaga. Now that all of the games outside our control have been set (Michigan and Georgia Tech), it’s up to Moser to show that he learned from last season. Central Arkansas isn’t a good start, but hopefully it’s one of only a couple awful games on the schedule this time around.
I don't disagree to an extent but KU and Arizona also typically have top 5/top 10 college basketball rosters and can potentially beat anyone in the country 7-10/10 times they play. IF OU put 2-3 of Kentucky (before entering the SEC), Duke, Arizona etc on their schedule, most fans would scream "what the hell are we doing" chalking up automatic losses. That doesn't help at all. Some of the teams OU had on the schedule last season were SUPPOSED to be better (USC and Arkansas to name a couple) based on the previous season that really took the luster out of the schedule of the bigger names with the way their seasons went.

We also agree that instead of scheduling #322 Moser should schedule #122 (making up #'s) to strengthen the bottom of the schedule more.

On paper for next year, as you pointed out, two of the bigger names people will recognize, both Mich and GT are coming off bad years which already puts a bad taste in people's mouths when they see the schedule. However, Michigan has a new coach and completely different roster and GT will hopefully have a better roster as well possibly picking up more wins and becoming a "better win" for OU if they do win those games.

All I'm saying is scheduling for OU is definitely harder than creating the schedule against recognizable names for the likes of perennial top 10 type teams with the off chance of losing a majority of the games you schedule against "better programs" in my opinion.

I don't disagree to an extent but KU and Arizona also typically have top 5/top 10 college basketball rosters and can potentially beat anyone in the country 7-10/10 times they play. IF OU put 2-3 of Kentucky (before entering the SEC), Duke, Arizona etc on their schedule, most fans would scream "what the hell are we doing" chalking up automatic losses. That doesn't help at all. Some of the teams OU had on the schedule last season were SUPPOSED to be better (USC and Arkansas to name a couple) based on the previous season that really took the luster out of the schedule of the bigger names with the way their seasons went.

We also agree that instead of scheduling #322 Moser should schedule #122 (making up #'s) to strengthen the bottom of the schedule more.

On paper for next year, as you pointed out, two of the bigger names people will recognize, both Mich and GT are coming off bad years which already puts a bad taste in people's mouths when they see the schedule. However, Michigan has a new coach and completely different roster and GT will hopefully have a better roster as well possibly picking up more wins and becoming a "better win" for OU if they do win those games.

All I'm saying is scheduling for OU is definitely harder than creating the schedule against recognizable names for the likes of perennial top 10 type teams with the off chance of losing a majority of the games you schedule against "better programs" in my opinion.
I think Michigan will be much better next season than last. (Coaching matters!) I definitely am not suggesting we should schedule as aggressively as KU, but I think we could schedule a lot more like we did five or six years ago. I’d like to see us play at least a couple games, maybe three, against teams you can absolutely count on to be tournament teams. If we are so bad that those are automatic losses, then we have bigger issues than scheduling.

Maybe it's been posted elsewhere but we apparently have games set against Lindenwood and Texas A&M Commerce. Add in Central Arkansas, and we are already up to 3 schools who will be in the 300s. Still four noncon games left to schedule/announce.

Last edited:
Maybe it's been posted elsewhere but we apparently have games set against Lindenwood and Texas A&M Commerce; Add in Central Arkansas, and we are already up to 3 schools who will be in the 300s. Still four noncon games left to schedule/announce.
Unreal lol

Just saw that KU released their full noncon today, so hopefully we are getting close.

Of note -- they play one game against a team likely to be in the 200s, and ZERO against NET 300s. Please read the following sentences carefully: I am not suggesting that we schedule Duke, UNC, Creighton, NC State, and Michigan State. We obviously aren't Kansas and couldn't withstand that. I am suggesting that we could learn from their example of not loading up with teams in the 200s and 300s. But we already have too many of those games set, so the lesson Moser should have learned on March 17 apparently hasn't sunk in.

Just saw that KU released their full noncon today, so hopefully we are getting close.

Of note -- they play one game against a team likely to be in the 200s, and ZERO against NET 300s. Please read the following sentences carefully: I am not suggesting that we schedule Duke, UNC, Creighton, NC State, and Michigan State. We obviously aren't Kansas and couldn't withstand that. I am suggesting that we could learn from their example of not loading up with teams in the 200s and 300s. But we already have too many of those games set, so the lesson Moser should have learned on March 17 apparently hasn't sunk in.
agreed OU really misses the scheduler that we had with Lon

agreed OU really misses the scheduler that we had with Lon
Mike shepherd right?

I will say that the sec announcement has cost ou a voice at the table in these beauty contest.Ou was first team out in football last year inexplicably, too. Not to mention first team out in 2 of last 3 ncaa tourneys. I don’t think that is coincidence. The big 12 has a small voice now anyway compared to b1g and sec and big12 had little incentive to stand up for ou.

being in the sec will completely alleviate that

Last edited:
On BartTorvik there are some non-con games listed...most, but not all have been stated here.

11/4 - Lindenwood
11/11 - Northwestern State
11/21 - Texas A&M-Commerce
12/3 - Georgia Tech
12/7 - Alcorn State
12/14 - vs. Oklahoma State
12/18 - vs. Michigan
12/22 - Central Arkansas

The B4A is not listed, as the first round matchup has not yet been set.

Last edited:
On BartTorvik there are some non-con games listed...most, but not all have been stated here.

11/4 - Lindenwood
11/11 - Northwestern State
11/21 - Texas A&M-Commerce
12/3 - Georgia Tech
12/7 - Alcorn State
12/14 - vs. Oklahoma State
12/18 - vs. Michigan
12/22 - Central Arkansas

The B4A is not listed, as the first round matchup has not yet been set.
This is so much worse than even I feared. The five cupcakes on that list are projected in the 318 - 355 range on BartTorvik. Once again, we have zero margin for error based on how bad this is. Yes, we will play two or three good teams in the B4A, but that won't offset the damage done by playing at least five games that will hurt you even if you win. I don't think we knew about the NW State and Alcorn State games till you posted this. Just amazing. 364 D-1 teams and we, as a power conference school with a very good basketball tradition, are playing (at least) five of the bottom 50-ish teams in America. Well done, Culture Wall. Way to learn a lesson. Can't wait for next year's press conference (I don't understand how the committee left us out. Did they not see how many lobs we threw and how well we handled Central Arkansas?).

Last edited:
This is so much worse than even I feared. The five cupcakes on that list are projected in the 318 - 355 range on BartTorvik. Once again, we have zero margin for error based on how bad this is. Yes, we will play two or three good teams in the B4A, but that won't offset the damage done by playing at least five games that will hurt you even if you win. I don't think we knew about the NW State and Alcorn State games till you posted this. Just amazing. 364 D-1 teams and we, as a power conference school with a very good basketball tradition, are playing (at least) five of the bottom 50-ish teams in America. Well done, Culture Wall. Way to learn a lesson. Can't wait for next year's press conference (I don't understand how the committee left us out. Did they not see how many lobs we threw and how well we handled Central Arkansas?).
If that’s the trend of the schedule then I think OU may have to win 21 or 22 games to make it…

If that’s the trend of the schedule then I think OU may have to win 21 or 22 games to make it…
I assume we have 2 games left to announce, in addition to the three games in Atlantis. Let's say we win two of three against Georgia Tech, Michigan, and OSU (not a given by any means), and that we go 1-2 in the Bahamas. That is 3-3 in those six games. Add in 5 meaningless wins against NET 300 teams. That gets us to 8 wins. If the other 2 noncon games are against awful teams, that gets us to 10 noncon wins, but only a couple would have value. In that scenario, yep, we probably would need to get 11 or so conference wins.

I assume we have 2 games left to announce, in addition to the three games in Atlantis. Let's say we win two of three against Georgia Tech, Michigan, and OSU (not a given by any means), and that we go 1-2 in the Bahamas. That is 3-3 in those six games. Add in 5 meaningless wins against NET 300 teams. That gets us to 8 wins. If the other 2 noncon games are against awful teams, that gets us to 10 noncon wins, but only a couple would have value. In that scenario, yep, we probably would need to get 11 or so conference wins.
This years team may overperform but I don’t think they are getting 11 conference wins.

Lon created the blueprint for scheduling. All any coach after had to do was copy it.

So you think we need to schedule DUKE, UNC, CREIGHTON, NC STATE, and MICHIGAN STATE??!?!!?!? Word for Word without reading your entire statement!

lol jk, thought it would be funny.

Be interesting to see how our SEC schedule ramps up our overall SOS too. Transfer Portal will shake up the normal bottom feeders for sure.

Back