2025 Recruiting Class

Soonercuda

Reaction score
Committed Players:

Keziah Lofton 5’11” CG Bethany ESPN #48, Jr All Star Girls #15, Prospects Nation #18, 247 Sports #34
Brooklyn Stewart 6’2” PF Colorado Springs ESPN #60, Jr AllStars Girls #82, Prospects Nation #50, 247 Sports #58

Players that have stated they are taking official visits or we are a finalist (made a top 5/6 not a top 10+):

Aaliyah Chavez 5’11” PG Lubbock Consensus #1/2 player in class
Jaliya Davis 6’2” F Kansas City Consensus top 15
Keeley Parks 5’11” CG Norman Consensus top 25
Aubrey Shaw 6’2” F Kansas City Consensus top 50 Committed to Harvard

Remaining Scholarships for 2025 Class: (14 scholarships less 6 completing eligibility plus 2 commits = 10 used) 5

Last edited:
Let’s use this thread for general discussion of the 25 recruiting class. As we get commits or announced official visit/finalist I will update the original post with their details.

Last edited:
Something to note is that we have moved our recruiting profile up to where we are making finalist on the type of players that give you a chance to be a consistent top 10 team. But these are also the type of players that have lots of high level interest so you aren’t going to win them all. But if we can close on at least 2 in addition to Lofton we will be well on our way to being in the top tier of WBB.

I need to look up the KC girls and go watch a game or 2. I coached girl's HS ball a few years (like over 15 LOL) ago.

If we can bring in any one of these kids (Chavez would be a game changer!) we'd we in a great position to move up as a program the next several seasons. I think a lot of how we do depends on this upcoming season, no pressure!

Is Peyton Verholst's sister a college prospect. I think I read where the Shaw kid is her teammate.

Is Peyton Verholst's sister a college prospect. I think I read where the Shaw kid is her teammate.
My understanding is she is a D1 level player…but she is 5’7” instead of 6’1” so not as highly recruited as Peyton was.

Speaking of Peyton...surely she's going to come back after this upcoming season is over, right? She only played something like 8 games before she transferred away from Louisville, so I'm thinking if she wants to she'll be able to get that season of eligibility back. Unless there's something I don't know? I believe she and Vann are are best players, by far.

Speaking of Peyton...surely she's going to come back after this upcoming season is over, right? She only played something like 8 games before she transferred away from Louisville, so I'm thinking if she wants to she'll be able to get that season of eligibility back. Unless there's something I don't know? I believe she and Vann are are best players, by far.
Here is an article on a rule change under consideration that would allow Peyton to count her sophomore year as a redshirt year if they implement it and make the rule retroactive.

I really hope she's able to play four full seasons before her career is over, she's so much fun to watch play, and I feel like a phenomenal addition to our program. I expect her, Vann and Beers to be incredibly entertaining to watch play together this coming season. Add in an improved Sahara Williams, and hopefully at least one of the 2 freshmen is impactful and we'll have ourselves a very dangerous team! If we don't improve record-wise from last season I will be shocked, for sure!

Only tangentially related to OU…but it is Peyton’s sister

idk if this means anything, prob not, but why is this fuzzy pic the only pic she posted? Usually players post about 4 pics from their visit and as far as I know this is the only one. I posted on X on Lofton's pic of her and Parks that I hope they both play in OU next season together and Loften responded with a 'fingers crossed' sign, so here's to hoping!

Anybody have any idea who we might be targeting other than Lofton and Parks since we have at least 5 scholarships to replace for 25-26

There is only limited information on WCBB recruiting…but at this point only known other players we are recruiting are Davis and Chavez. Last year we heard nothing about Caya Smith until she signed her letter of intent…so there could be other high school recruits we haven’t heard about. But assuming we end up with 2 or 3 signees that would leave us at 10/11 scholarship players I am sure we will hit the portal for at least 2 transfers. And Jennie has been able to get high quality transfers in her time at OU.

I think for next season it will be critical to pursue a good point guard (if Lofton or Vann aren't playing this). For once, we will have some depth at post, but we will lose a lot of our perimeter scoring after this season. Hopefully we have a great 24-25 season and our chance at landing some quality transfers/recruits improve!

This very likely means Keeley has committed! It does mean someone has committed.

Not Keeley…ESPN #60 6’2” Brooklyn Stewart from Colorado Springs commits to OU. Like Caya Smith a recruit that did not go public on her recruiting so a surprise with no public info on OU recruiting her.

Last edited:
Back