42 points for Cam Clark tonight(ESPN Dallas)

Sooner4fcd

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/dallas/story?id=4840930&campaign=rss&source=DALLASHeadlines

FRISCO, Texas -- Sherman forward Cameron Clark is a matchup nightmare.

When covered by guards, he can post up inside. When big men try to mark him in the paint, he can go outside and knock down shots.

The latter was on display Tuesday, when Clark had 42 points and 14 rebounds to lead Sherman to an 82-63 rout of Frisco.

More on Dallas-Fort Worth area schools

Randy Jennings, Mercedes Mayer, Jeff Andrews and Ethan Szatmary keep you up to date on the D-FW high school sports scene. Blog.
• ESPN Rise
"He can step on the perimeter and shoot for 3," Sherman head coach Jeff McCullough said. "Then we can go post him. They put a big boy on him and we stepped him outside. Unless you have a guy with equal athleticism, he's a tough matchup."

Clark (6-6, 180), an Oklahoma signee, opened the second half by scoring 14 points in the first four minutes of the third quarter. His performance set the tone for a furious-paced third that saw the teams combine for 49 points.

"Coach said we had to come out hard in the first minutes of the game and we came out hot," Clark said. "I was just feeling it."

Frisco (13-9 overall, 3-3 in District 9-4A) used the third quarter to cut into an eight-point halftime deficit. While Clark dominated offensively, the Raccoons were temporarily up to the challenge, matching him shot for shot.

Sherman (14-11, 6-0 in 9-4A) saw its lead dwindle to as low as three, but Clark proved to be too much in the fourth. He opened the final frame with eight quick points that put the game out of reach. Frisco conceded by pulling its starters with two minutes remaining.

"We came out in the second half and played well," Frisco head coach Eric Green said. "In the fourth quarter, we just ran out of gas. We limited the bench and guys got tired. [Clark's] impossible to guard if he's hitting his outside shots."

While his mid-range shot highlighted the game Tuesday, Clark has shown he is a complete player who can adapt to the team he's playing.

Against Denison last week, Clark matched up against fellow Oklahoma signee T.J. Taylor. Instead of forcing the issue against a player who is as talented as he is, Clark showed off his passing ability, leading Sherman to a comfortable win despite scoring a relatively low 21 points.

Ranked No. 18 nationally on the ESPNU 150, Clark has the size, wingspan and skill to star at the next level and possibly beyond.

"We're already talking about him potentially playing at that next level," McCullough said. "He's got a great mid-range game. That's what those guys have to have. There are so few that can do that with that kind of athleticism."

Cameron is just a plain big time player.

I've just noticed that they play in Frisco practically every other week....I'm def gonna check out their game @ Frisco Centennial next Tuesday night

I've just noticed that they play in Frisco practically every other week....I'm def gonna check out their game @ Frisco Centennial next Tuesday night

Nice! Give us a report bud.

I'm really starting to get excited about Clark playing alongside Tiny & TMG especially with the way we've been playing as of late. IF Warren happens to come back next yr, the talent OU will be putting out on the floor will be ridiculous. He's probably not coming back but I can dream though!

PG- TMG
SG- WWIII
SF- Clark
PF- Fitzgerald
C- Gallon

Even if WWIII goes pro, any one of Willis, Pledger, or Taylor will fit in nicely. If Clark is the real deal, he should lessen the impact. Capel has really done a great job recruiting... obviously.

Just ask Marshall Moses if Cam is the real deal he went to they camp (osu) this summer and played against them college players Moses said he is the real deal.

I hope people don't have unrealistic expectations for this kid next year. He has all the potential in the world, but he is going to have an adjustment period. Everybody pencils him in as a starter, but I'm not sure he starts next year, or especially from day 1. Probably depends how we wind up our recruiting class, and who stays and goes.

I'm really starting to get excited about Clark playing alongside Tiny & TMG especially with the way we've been playing as of late. IF Warren happens to come back next yr, the talent OU will be putting out on the floor will be ridiculous. He's probably not coming back but I can dream though!

PG- TMG
SG- WWIII
SF- Clark
PF- Fitzgerald
C- Gallon

Even if WWIII goes pro, any one of Willis, Pledger, or Taylor will fit in nicely. If Clark is the real deal, he should lessen the impact. Capel has really done a great job recruiting... obviously.

Don't forget about potentially adding Terrence Jones to the mix. That would be so sick.

Please Terrence, come to OU.

I hope people don't have unrealistic expectations for this kid next year. He has all the potential in the world, but he is going to have an adjustment period. Everybody pencils him in as a starter, but I'm not sure he starts next year, or especially from day 1. Probably depends how we wind up our recruiting class, and who stays and goes.

This

Cam,is not a benchsitter he been carrying teams on his back since the sixth grade AAU teams included and he is a coachable kid and a team player if he dont start thats fine as long as he get the minutes thats what his Dad said.

Cam,is not a benchsitter he been carrying teams on his back since the sixth grade AAU teams included and he is a coachable kid and a team player if he dont start thats fine as long as he get the minutes thats what his Dad said.

chico,

Have you heard if he is still going to work with that speed/agility trainer?

What's Perry Jones doing this year? Haven't heard alot about him.

What's Perry Jones doing this year? Haven't heard alot about him.

Duncanville is really struggling, and I have heard that Perry has played pretty disinterested due to guards not getting him the ball.

Cam,uncle told me Cams dad got another guy name Ronnie Braxton,to come in and work Cam out on a consistant basis the other guy that was working Cam out moved.Ronnie is the trainer that got tj back from the ankle injury.I will let u know when they start if his uncle tell me and Perry jones is struggling we cant blame it on the guards he is the captain of that team he should demand the ball but Perry,is not a leader.

I knew you would know chico. Has Washburn started back playing for Duncanville?

Also, is this the Ronnie Braxton you're talking about?

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/braxton_ronnie00.html

If he's an ex football player that's impressive. Those guys workouts are very rigerous. Maybe only second to track workokuts. Alot of coaches are bringing in track coaches to work with kids to help prevent leg issues and work on quickness.

Washburn first game back was lastweek the same night as the denisonvs.sherman game dont know how much time he played but i heard he only had 2pts and yes that is the guy but they have not started yet.

Back