5 of the next 6 games will make or break the season

thebigabd

Reaction score
Northern Colorado (home)
UTEP (neutral)
Gonzaga (on the road)
Baylor (on the road)
Oklahoma State (at home)

This is a VERY tough stretch of games. The first two games in the Big 12 at Baylor and OSU at home are are gigantic, but I think these 5 games will decide if OU is a tournament team or not.

OU needs to go 4-1 or 3-2 in these, IMO....

If we go 3-2, with losses at Gonzaga and Baylor, I can definitely live with that...that first home conference win against OSU would be massive.

If we go 3-2, with losses at Gonzaga and Baylor, I can definitely live with that...that first home conference win against OSU would be massive.

2-3 in these games would be bad news.

honestly, 4-1 is my expectation. I think we will lose to the zags. I won't pick Baylor until they beat us. I think playing in OKC against UTEP will be tough and OSU will be really rough, but we should win those games. I think we are as likely to go 5-0 as we are 2-3. Let's just hope our shots fall because when they do it is really hard to beat us. I still think we are a good shooting team and that will carry us if our D continues to improve.

At the least 4-1 and hope 5-0. We are in trouble if we lose two.

if we go 5-0, our early season losing streak is completely erased. If you win 9 straight against a much tougher schedule after dropping three games early, it is obvious you are a different team. The tournament committee will take that into account...depending on our conference run obviously.

if we go 5-0, our early season losing streak is completely erased. If you win 9 straight against a much tougher schedule after dropping three games early, it is obvious you are a different team. The tournament committee will take that into account...depending on our conference run obviously.

+3

I'm hoping that our defense plays really well in those games and continues to improve. That way we have a chance to win even if we arent having a great offensive night. Otherwise living by the three gets us in trouble.

Ya we need 3 of these games, 4 would be great, and 5 would put us back into the discussion as a protected seed.

I know this is probably general knowledge, but do we play Gonzaga at the small fieldhouse or in Seattle?

I know this is probably general knowledge, but do we play Gonzaga at the small fieldhouse or in Seattle?

Spokane events center, not in their campus arena (wouldn't consider it a fieldhouse, very nice for a mid-major).

I'm very interested to see what the attendance will be like for a game that tips at 7 pm on new years eve.

I don't usually care much about streaks, but the one going against Baylor, I just absolutely love for some reason. We have to keep that streak alive!

Back