A couple of notes

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Talked some OU Hoops with a source of mine "in the know" and he shared a few good tidbits with me.

- Starting line-up (if the games started today) would be TMG WWIII Crock Tiny Ryan Wright. I was a bit surprised but pleased to hear this because it means that TMG is asserting himself during these workouts and pick-ups (and now two hour a week organized team drills). Let's hope this holds as I really like the prospect of having a guy like Cade come off the bench.

- Drew Fitzgerald does a lot of little things right on both ends of the floor. He will play significant minutes this year. He has lost weight since the summer.

- Lots of good talk about Ray Willis and his offensive game. He is for sure a top 3 scorer on this team. Can he put it all together this year? It is going to be a heckuva minutes battle between Ray, Cade, and Bird at the wing.

- Orlando seems to have pulled an Orlando of last summer (for those of you who remember my reports over on the OUI board). Seems like he is struggling right now.

Is it hoops season yet? :OU-logo:

Great stuff, thanks BT. Sorry to hear that about Allen I was really hoping for a breakout year for him. At least he still has time to turn it back around.

well that sucks to hear about big o after hearing positive things early in the offseason. hopefully he can get things turned around in the next month and a half.

- Lots of good talk about Ray Willis and his offensive game. He is for sure a top 3 scorer on this team. Can he put it all together this year? It is going to be a heckuva minutes battle between Ray, Cade, and Bird at the wing.

I think Cade will come out on top. The reason Cade will come out on top is because of Bird's competitiveness. I ultimately think the minutes competion is between Ray and Bird. Someone correct me if wrong, but Bird is running second string PG. If he proves he can do that, he'll be the backup PG. If WW is the backup PG, then the competiton for minutes is for backing up WW. Every year, coaches give incoming players a chance against prime competition. Cade, Maze, Chris Walker, and Tony Neysmith got an opportunity. Last year, Leary got his opportunity. This year Ray and Bird will get there's. It might be a competition to see who stays at OU.

Back