A sneak peak at the new OUHoops home page

I dont go to any other schools sites, but this has to rival any program in the nation as far as a fan site goes...

Who says OU doesnt have basketball fans?

That's what I'm hoping other fans who stop by will eventually think, as well as make this a place our fans can be proud of.

Hopefully we can also build up the traffic even more. I have a dream of us having 200 people online here at a time during season, and then higher than that on gamedays. I personally get sick and tired of going to other boards and reading the fans say in a topic about OU "They don't have any fans or care about basketball". Then when we really get this thing going, if you see that posted you can just post a link here and they can see for themselves that we do care and have a cool site just for basketball to boot.

Last year it was about 50 or so on average online at a time, around 100 during a game and in between 150 and 200 after the games. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of jump in traffic we have this year, because we've actually added about 300 registered users since the season began.

Also, that design for the home page will be tweaked over time. I have some cool ideas to spice up the design and such, but I'm just too much of a novice right now at HTML to actually make it happen.

The site looks really good to me. I like a few bells and whistles, but for the most part I am a traditionalist that prefers a basic easy to use site that simply has great content. I think you are there with the new look and better content that other OU pay sites. OUhoops is doing a great job. :chestram2:

I used to run several small time websites and now I just have one for work. You really don't have to know too much HTML if any now a days to build a great website. There are so many templates and WYSIWYG programs that make it easy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RiI9v3io4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RiI9v3io4[/ame]

There ya go Cheno!

Yep, that's where it goes. He's the only one I know who updates before, during and after the season at one consistent link. So go ahead and roll your ball down the court. :D

what about kenpom, warren nolan, or the g-pappy of it all....jerry palm's site?

what about kenpom, warren nolan, or the g-pappy of it all....jerry palm's site?

If they have a link that stays the same throughout the year, post it here and I'll be more than happy to add it to that section.

Great work guys, this place continues to be excellent and far above any for Sooner Basketball info. Can't wait for the new season and your new face to the place.

Back