A sneak peak at the new OUHoops home page

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is still a work in progress, but hopefully we can get to the point where we can launch it next week along with another cool announcement about the future of the website.

The cool thing about this home page software is that we can embed a video (which will change after every game thanks to pencilfightchamp's highlight videos), and we can also have up to three featured stories entered (with big photos like the one with Willie) and it will rotate through them every five seconds or so.

Anyway, here's an early look:

ouh-home743.jpg

ABD's prayers are answered.

The page looks great. I love this site, it is the only place to talk OU hoops on the internet.

You know that sound of a chorus in the background, every time someone is awe struck?....

*The sound is heard everywhere, because I'm awe struck!*

Such... awesomeness!

Will the top of the home page look like the new top of the message board?

Will the top of the home page look like the new top of the message board?

Possibly. Still playing with ideas for the banner. We are going to have a banner ad up there (home page) eventually so that may not work well with the look we have above the board.

Are you sure this won't turn to a pay site. By far best basketball message board around.

Looks very sharp. I tend to skip home pages on OU boards and bookmark the forums directly, but I might have to change my approach.

Skyvue, I notice you have my pic as an avatar. No problem, I grant you permission.

To quote the famous philospher Thomas R. Callahan III

"I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but....that....was....AWESOME!

To quote the famous philospher Thomas R. Callahan III

"I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but....that....was....AWESOME!

Thats an awesome quote... haha Thanks chendog!

Thats an awesome quote... haha Thanks chendog!

Yeah, I looked for it on youtube and they only had the long minute version with it at the very end. That wouldn't have had the impact. They play that on the jumbotron in Allen Fieldhouse about once a game right after an unbelievable play. Priceless.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Wow. Look wonderful.

On another note, I would click a banner ad for the site.

looks great. however, if the men's bracketology link goes only to Lunardi.... :capelball

Awesome! Great job again with the site guys.

looks great. however, if the men's bracketology link goes only to Lunardi.... :capelball

Yep, that's where it goes. He's the only one I know who updates before, during and after the season at one consistent link. So go ahead and roll your ball down the court. :D

I dont go to any other schools sites, but this has to rival any program in the nation as far as a fan site goes...

Who says OU doesnt have basketball fans?

Awesome job!!

Back