Anyone else nervous about the game tonight?

thebigabd

Reaction score
Willie might not play, and if he does he wouldnt be 100%. He said he couldnt even walk well yesterday, and couldnt walk at all over the weekend.

ISU has had HORRIBLE luck this year with injuries, and one of their best players quit the team midway through the season to play pro basketball in Europe. But they still have some pieces, mainly just Gilstrap and Brackins, but those are two good pieces.

ISU should not win this game in Norman, but I feel nervous about it for some reason? Maybe because I know they aren't very good and if they beat OU in Norman it means OU isn't even going to the NIT this year.

I am nervous mainly because the attendance tonight has a chance to be dreadful. Add the fear of the weather hitting early and the State of the Union to the already lengthy list of reasons why folks won't show up.

I am starting to doubt my 8000 guess.....

Without a supportive crowd and without a healthy Willie Warren we may drop a game that should be a relatively easy Big 12 victory.

I dont think there is any way we loose tonight...even without WW we are to talented for them...
I think if WW doesnt play tonight, I look for pledger to shoot himself out of his slump and get hot....this game to me is just perfect for him, he has been struggling so much and he should not have to struggle as much on defense against a poor I-St. so he can spend more energy on the offensive end

Absolutely nervous about tonight. I think the tiny thread of hope for both teams in making a late run in conference to the edge of the bubble will only be alive for the winner tonight. This is an elimination game with the loser moving from a slight NCAA chance/NIT possibility to CBI consideration.

Absolutely nervous about tonight. I think the tiny thread of hope for both teams in making a late run in conference to the edge of the bubble will only be alive for the winner tonight. This is an elimination game with the loser moving from a slight NCAA chance/NIT possibility to CBI consideration.

Not sure if "tiny" and "thread of hope" should be uttered in the same breath. :)

i am nervous every game but attendance will def be down tonight, the team is undefeated at home so i see no reason it won't be after tonight also, and i predict pledger will go off tonight! lol

I hope you are right about Pledger. Tonight would be good timing.

I am very nervous now that Willie is out. I thought this team was starting to get it together and Willie was starting to play hard, but his injury is something this team could not afford.

I wanted to win this game and play well, but at this point I'll take a 1-pt victory any way I can get it.

yeah any victory would be good right now and wonder how many brackins will have tonight 35 or 40? and will tiny log more than 15 mins of action without fouling out

I'm nervous about every game this team plays

This....that being said I don't see why we can't win it. I really think either Cade/Pledger or Tiny is going to break out of there slump tonight. I don't think our three point average will be as dreadful as Sat.

Isn't the bad weather scheduled to hit Oklahoma tomorrow? I hope the weather won't be a problem, or an excuse (especially if turns out to be okay tonight).

I also can't imagine someone preferring to watch a presidential speech, no matter who's giving it, over an OU game. But that's just me.

And, FWIW, I am nervous about this game because of how unpredictable this time is. It is still amazing they haven't lost a home game (not to mention how amazing it is that OU hasn't at home in football, men's basketball, or women's basketball this school year).

After Saturday, I've gone from being nervous to just dreading the rest of the games now. Spring signing day can't get here soon enough. Hopefully we can fill in some gaps with some promising jucos etc. so I can look to next year feeling like we have a chance to be a tournament team again.

Nothing to be nervous about. Losing a BIG 12 game at home is not the end of the world.

Back