Are we hitting Julian Washburn hard?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Just watched some video of him on Rivals and was impressed. Really has a nice inside-out game. He doesn't have the perimeter skills that Cam Clark does, but they're not bad. IMO, think Damion James minus 20 pounds.

I see that we've offered, but haven't heard much talk here about him being a Plan A recruit for Capel. Is he considered an OSU lean do to his Duncanville teammates at OSU? I guess he was at their camp last week, right?

Where's my man Dirty Mess? I figured he'd be all over this one.

According to this article written in February, OU is one of six schools near the top of his list:

“I think running teams fit me the best. Teams that get up and down,” commented Washburn. “As far as a coach, I want a coach that will make me work harder and make me get better,” added Washburn.

Julian has a few schools that stand front of mind to him right now. Six to be exact.

“Kansas, Texas, UCLA, Texas A&M, OU, and Oklahoma State are six that I think about right now,” said Washburn.

http://theshiver.com/2009/02/julian-washburn-looking-for-the-right-fit/

I've always assumed Washburn would go to OSU because of the Duncanville connection, but he might be considered a post player if he goes there. It's quite possible he could be KU's top wing prospect along with Doron Lamb if KU doesn't make any ground on Cameron Clark. I've never really liked OU's chances with him that much and don't recall reading any articles where he has refered to OU coaches by name.

Seems like he'd be the perfect 4-man in OSU's scheme. No? I really like his game though.

Seems like he'd be the perfect 4-man in OSU's scheme. No? I really like his game though.

I have heard that he was pretty overrated, and may have problems qualifying....

With the way Forde runs things he would be a good 5 with that guard who just committed as a 4.

I heard he's a mixture of Julian Wright and Chris Washburn.

Here is Jerry Meyer's latest take when I asked about Julian's recruitment:

Don't have a good gauge on the big players in his recruitment right now. Like his length and athleticism. Did a nice job defending Harrison Barnes last time I watched him. Needs to refine his offensive game.

Back