Armchair Point Guard: Mizzou Game

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Thank goodness that this game is at home because I have a feeling that Mizzou would eat us alive on their homecourt. This is a "must win" game for the Sooners on their home floor if the team has plans to make the NIT.

I think that OU can win the game.

Notes:

- TMG and Willie better be ready to take care of the ball admist heavy pressue in the backcourt. This is going to be a huge test for the Sooners freshman pg. The good news is that TMG is more than capleable to get the job done.

- The key to victory for the Sooners is to slow the game down, and run halfcourt sets directed through Tiny Gallon. What we don't need is Willie driving through triple teams because the Tigers have some of the best defenders in the conference, and if Willie is getting stripped by Baylor, one can bet that Mizzou will get some steals. I would rather see Willie get his offense off of cuts and inside/outside jumpshots. Tiny has got to stay out of foul trouble. If Tiny can find cutters and hit the open man for step in three point shots, then I think we get enough points to win the game.

- OU actually matches up with Mizzou quite well on defense. The key here is for the Sooners to at least get close to matching their intensity and toughness that we all saw on Monday night.

Thoughts?

BT

Thank goodness that this game is at home because I have a feeling that Mizzou would eat us alive on their homecourt.

The key here is for the Sooners to at least get close to matching their intensity and toughness that we all saw on Monday night.

Thoughts?

BT

I think these two sum it up best. We will have to bring everything and the kitchen sink for 40 minutes to win. I think we can do it if we do well from the free throw line.

These guys are in for a test on Saturday... Mizzou is talented, athletic, and led by seniors and guys who have played before. So far this season that has been a recipe for disaster.

Mizzou is on a 9 game win streak and already has two good wins in the Big 12, one on the road. They are hitting their stride and playing really well.

If OU win's this one it will really be something to build on. This would be much better than the OSU win, IMO.

These guys are in for a test on Saturday... Mizzou is talented, athletic, and led by seniors and guys who have played before. So far this season that has been a recipe for disaster.

Mizzou is on a 9 game win streak and already has two good wins in the Big 12, one on the road. They are hitting their stride and playing really well.

If OU win's this one it will really be something to build on. This would be much better than the OSU win, IMO.

Yes, and not even close.

Thank goodness that this game is at home because I have a feeling that Mizzou would eat us alive on their homecourt. This is a "must win" game for the Sooners on their home floor if the team has plans to make the NIT.

I think that OU can win the game.

Notes:

- TMG and Willie better be ready to take care of the ball admist heavy pressue in the backcourt. This is going to be a huge test for the Sooners freshman pg. The good news is that TMG is more than capelable to get the job done.

- The key to victory for the Sooners is to slow the game down, and run halfcourt sets directed through Tiny Gallon. What we don't need is Willie driving through triple teams because the Tigers have some of the best defenders in the conference, and if Willie is getting stripped by Baylor, one can bet that Mizzou will get some steals. I would rather see Willie get his offense off of cuts and inside/outside jumpshots. Tiny has got to stay out of foul trouble. If Tiny can find cutters and hit the open man for step in three point shots, then I think we get enough points to win the game.

- OU actually matches up with Mizzou quite well on defense. The key here is for the Sooners to at least get close to matching their intensity and toughness that we all saw on Monday night.

Thoughts?

BT

FIFY :)

Good analysis.

i just hope our guys have been looking at a lot of video to know when the half-court traps are going to come. if we are going to slow it down, our passing out of those traps needs to improve.

Back