Attendance at last night’s game

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Capacity in UT’s arena is 16,734. Reported attendance at last night’s game was 8,808. If you were watching the game, you couldn’t help but notice the numerous empty seats, even on the lower two levels.

I posted this to show that OU is not the only school with an attendance problem. It should also be noted that UTs opponent was not a small time directional school, it was a longtime conference rival that Longhorn fans hate with a passion.

A friend of mine who lives in Austin now (OSU alum) sent me a 6-pack of “Oklahoma Suks” beer that they sell in Austin. They do hate OU.

Capacity in UT’s arena is 16,734. Reported attendance at last night’s game was 8,808. If you were watching the game, you couldn’t help but notice the numerous empty seats, even on the lower two levels.

They've never really supported basketball very well, it seems to me. And last night's crowd was pretty quiet (or so it seemed listening to the radio broadcast, where I could barely hear them at all, and then rewatching the TV broadcast) -- I don't think they were a factor at all.

They've never really supported basketball very well, it seems to me. And last night's crowd was pretty quiet (or so it seemed listening to the radio broadcast, where I could barely hear them at all, and then rewatching the TV broadcast) -- I don't think they were a factor at all.

That is why they are downsizing with their new arena. They are tearing down the Drum to build the new UT Dell Medical school.

I was at the game Wed night. It was by far the lowest attended game at TX I have ever been to and I have attended the last 10 or so.

School hasn't started so there were basically no students. Also OU usually plays TX at least after school is in session. That said the lower bowl was 50-60% full and the upper deck was maybe 10% full.

Here's something you might like. It made me laugh and I couldn't believe TX showed it.

At the under 4 timeout the center screen was showing tweets from people at the game. They ended with a tweet from a student sitting in the upper deck. It was a selfie style group photo that said something like "At the game with all my friends..." and behind him is a completely empty upper deck.

Back