Austin Johnson to play in Switzerland

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Thought some of you might want to know that AJ signed a contract to play professionally in Switzerland. He will leave for Geneva sometime in August. His contract includes a salary, of course, two bedroom apartment, car furnished, two squares per day, plus other incentives like taxes and agent's fees paid and extra bonuses for winning certain games.

It's great to see a former Sooner and a really nice young man make a little money playing pro ball, even if it's in a foreign country.

Best of luck, AJ! Sooner fans are proud of you!!! :clap

Thought some of you might want to know that AJ signed a contract to play professionally in Switzerland. He will leave for Geneva sometime in August. His contract includes a salary, of course, two bedroom apartment, car furnished, two squares per day, plus other incentives like taxes and agent's fees paid and extra bonuses for winning certain games.

It's great to see a former Sooner and a really nice young man make a little money playing pro ball, even if it's in a foreign country.

Best of luck, AJ! Sooner fans are proud of you!!! :clap

I don't care what the level of basketball is, living in Switzerland will be a great experience. Congratulations to AJ!

All the haters telling you that you'll "never make it on the next level", and you have to settle for living on the slopes of the Matterhorn while having to choose between Italian, French and German women.

Heh.

Congrats to AJ! It will be a great opportunity to play pro basketball and experience a new culture. :clap

Last edited:
wow, this is awesome! switzerland is an absolutely stunning country. to be making some money with the amenitites too boot...things could be worse!

does anyone know if he finished his degree?

photo_lg_switzerland.jpg

switzerland-lucerne.jpg

switzerland.jpg

geneva-switzerland-pictures-2.jpg

chateau-de-chillon-lake-geneva-switzerland1.jpg

Last edited:
For a kid who could have been classified as being crippled during his career he did very well and I hope he has serious success.

wow, this is awesome! switzerland is an absolutely stunning country. to be making some money with the amenitites too boot...things could be worse!

does anyone know if he finished his degree?

He is presently taking summer classes and should be finished by the end of summer school.

Bill Bryson said the only thing wrong with Switzerland is that it is filled with Swiss people

I hope he invests in a good camera before he heads overseas. Plenty of opportunity for taking great pictures.

Wow, thats awesome. I have a friend that lives in Geneva and I visit every couple of years. I have been to many swiss pro games with him including the championship game back in about 2002. Funny story about that- one of the teams fans had signs that said "f**k you" only actually spelled out the "F" word. I thought that was hilarious and something you'd never see in the states. Also, when I went to the games the rule was each team could have 2 non Swiss players. It was funny cause each team consisted of about 3 pretty good white swiss dudes and then a couple big african american centers- they didn't have many good players of size in Swiss so they usually used their 2 foreigners on post players. From my experience, AJ's skill level is about right on par for swiss pro ball. Like AJ many of the guards really didn't create their own shots, but some of the Swiss dudes were some sharpshooters with range. I'm gonna make a point to go watch him live.

Way to go AJ! I hope your pro career is long and fruitful! Good luck and Godspeed!

Awesome, awesome news!!!!!! Hope that AJ enjoys everything about the experience. Including NAIA players, Oklahoma has alot of guys who played ball here, making some dough overseas. Thats an awesome opportunity for AJ. GOD bless you AJ!!!!!:clap:clap

Getting paid to play ball is an achievement no matter where you go. What an amazing experience this will be for AJ. So glad to see our players making a career of something they enjoy so much. Congrats AJ.

His contract includes a salary, of course, two bedroom apartment, car furnished, two squares per day, plus other incentives like taxes and agent's fees paid and extra bonuses for winning certain games.:clap

Pardon me for asking, but what are squares?

Back