Aziz Ndiaye to possibly visit Kansas

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In a Rivals article, Ndiaye's coach says he is considering Kansas for his final visit. He's already taken officials to Loyola-Marymount, Oregon State and OU, and he's going to Washington this weekend. Doesn't sound like an offer has been extended yet by KU, but his coach said there was "genuine interest". Regardless, it looks like Ndiaye is definitely going to take all five visits.

They are bringing him in because he is a potential guy to offer or a back up plan. Who was the last juco they offered? (Cheno or Grace can probably answer that)

Little and Appleton 2-3 years ago

Little and Releford are redshirting so that in itself is like bringing in 2 four star players for next year. Both those guys are good, and you have two guys that can play the 3/4 position. As for Aziz, he's the hot commodity. Last year it was Rico Pickett and Eric Bledsoe, this year it's Terrence Jones, Ricardo Ratcliff, and Aziz. Problem is everyone is looking for that impact low post guy and OU has two young guys who will probably project as starters next year, regardless who the bring in. That's going to make it tough to recruit post players. Matter of fact, if you're looking at OU next year, you have TMG who's not going to give up any minutes, Cade Davis who aint giving up minutes, Gallon who will definetely be a starter if he stays (which he should) and Fitz, who hasn't had a great season, but based on the fact he's a year older in the program, he'll probably be hard to unseat. That's going to make it hard to recruit, especially for a Juco player who doesn't want to split time with a sophomore or Freshman.

Little and Releford are redshirting so that in itself is like bringing in 2 four star players for next year. Both those guys are good, and you have two guys that can play the 3/4 position. As for Aziz, he's the hot commodity. Last year it was Rico Pickett and Eric Bledsoe, this year it's Terrence Jones, Ricardo Ratcliff, and Aziz. Problem is everyone is looking for that impact low post guy and OU has two young guys who will probably project as starters next year, regardless who the bring in. That's going to make it tough to recruit post players. Matter of fact, if you're looking at OU next year, you have TMG who's not going to give up any minutes, Cade Davis who aint giving up minutes, Gallon who will definetely be a starter if he stays (which he should) and Fitz, who hasn't had a great season, but based on the fact he's a year older in the program, he'll probably be hard to unseat. That's going to make it hard to recruit, especially for a Juco player who doesn't want to split time with a sophomore or Freshman.

You make some good points. But can you think of another decent program like OU who has less depth in the big man department?

I don't think OU has any big men that would scare off a top guy.

I highly doubt KU offers this guy and if you think OU would struggle to bring in a big man then how does KU convince a guy to come in with Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, Thomas Robinson, and Jeff Withey coming back next year?

KU has one commit for next year in guard Royce Woolridge.
Collins is gone for sure. X and Aldrich are possibilities.
My guess is Aziz would be a backup plan if Aldrich and X go pro.
If only one go pro then the last scholly will almost certainly be held for Josh Selby, Brandon Knight or Doron Lamb. A big-time playmaking guard is priority #1.
Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if X and Aldrich came back.

KU has one commit for next year in guard Royce Woolridge.
Collins is gone for sure. X and Aldrich are possibilities.
My guess is Aziz would be a backup plan if Aldrich and X go pro.
If only one go pro then the last scholly will almost certainly be held for Josh Selby, Brandon Knight or Doron Lamb. A big-time playmaking guard is priority #1.
Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if X and Aldrich came back.

Aldrich is gonzo. I think X is pretty much gone as well. Either way I seriously doubt KU is going to sign another big man but you never know.

Back