Baylor must be cheating

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
They are the leaders for the Number one player in 2011 Laquintion Ross. Guess where his AAU team is playing this week?

They are the leaders for the Number one player in 2011 Laquintion Ross. Guess where his AAU team is playing this week?

The number of posts about Baylor on this site reminds me a lot of texags.com. Again Drew was the first to offer Ross 4 years ago and has built a good relationship with everyone that matters to him. To date, Drew has not landed this elite type player though there have been many flirtations.

The number of posts about Baylor on this site reminds me a lot of texags.com. Again Drew was the first to offer Ross 4 years ago and has built a good relationship with everyone that matters to him. To date, Drew has not landed this elite type player though there have been many flirtations.

Don't be flattered. We talk much, much more about OSU, Texas, Kansas, Colorado (thanks to abd), and KSU (thanks to fatty) then we do Drew.

Don't forget Nebraska and Mizzou because of abd.
He's the offical lover of Big 12 north teams not based in Kansas or Iowa.

Don't forget Nebraska and Mizzou because of abd.
He's the offical lover of Big 12 north teams not based in Kansas or Iowa.

How else would people know about whats going on in the conference? Most folks wouldnt have a clue who played for anyone until OU played them, and that makes you an OSU fan, lol.

We like to be knowledgeable hoops fans here at OUhoops, and I try to provide that. :)

I've never been the one to profess Baylor as cheating, and this post is tongue and cheek. I know Coach Tang is a good recruiter. However, for a 9th place team to be in on the number one recruit in the nation does raise an eye. The equivalent would be say Oregon State, Northwestern, or Vanderbilt being the leader for Lance Stepenson. I don't know if Coach Tang is praying with the family or what. The on the court product doesn't equal the type of recruits their getting. Make no mistake about it, they're recruiting on a much higher level than everyone outside of UT, KU, and OU. They're right about even with us.

If I were the Baylor AD, I'd let Drew and his gang pull him another nice class and then can him and find someone who can actually coach.

If I were the Baylor AD, I'd let Drew and his gang pull him another nice class and then can him and find someone who can actually coach.

If that happened there would be a mass exodus from Baylor. I have said it before but Baylor needs a great x's and o's assistant and let Drew continue to be the recruiter he is

The guys at Baylor can recruit. Their whole culture is designed towards recruiting. Anyone who goes to AAU events around the Southwest will tell you that Baylor coaches are the ones most frequently in attendance.

I personally think the coaching will improve with the added length/athleticism that they will have in Udoh, Dennis, Jefferson, etc...

But the jury is out on that. Time will tell. They are landing nice recruits. Perry Jones is the first elite recruit that they have had a commitment from and he is unsigned. Perry's mom is a baptist minister so there is a natural affinity there.

I don't know what the angle on LaQuinton Ross is but I am doubtful that he goes to Baylor when all is said and done unless Baylor shocks everyone and makes a deep tournament run in 09/10. I see that as unlikely unless they land Wall or a certain senior transfer PG that might fall in their lap.

Lacedarius Dunn was a major recruit. He was a fringe McD's AA guy and a top 50 recruit. He'll be in the NBA. Tweety Carter was a major get. Now he was a bit overrated coming out of high school, but he definetely is a starting PG at most schools. Do you know what OU could have done with a Dunn and Carter last year? He's definetely recruiting, but don't be naive. He's had shady dealing with trying to get Wall. Also, their is going to be a big push back against these African National prep school recruits. It is widely known that these guys are farmed out of Africa for their height and brought to America and Australia to play ball. Some of these guys can't even speak the language and are getting Diplomas. All of these guys have street agents. We have seen some push back with John Riek and Ater Majok. Drew has been in the mix in recruiting all these guys. He recruited Mahommed Kone, couldn't get him qualified and he went to Valpo, recruited a guy from a Finland national team, were in heavy on the kid that went to Rutgers and Knowshal from Depaul, and were a leader for Diarra of USC. I wouldn't be shocked if they were dealing with these agents.

Also, I find it odd that kids are committing after visits. You see that in football alot, but usually basketball kids take all their visits especially if big programs are on them. In Dennis, WW, and Udoh's case, they all committed after the visit.

I didn't realize Baptists ordained moms as ministers.

In Dallas. He plays for a Mississippi AAU team. One of the few out of state teams playing in that tournament.

In Dallas. He plays for a Mississippi AAU team. One of the few out of state teams playing in that tournament.

Do you know the name of the tournament or where it is being played? I would like to go by and watch the MBA Hoops Elite team.

May 2-3 at SMU.

Dallas Mustangs
Dallas Showtyme
MBA Hoops Elite
Full Court Athletes
Team Texas Elite
Brandon Bass Elite
Dallas Heroes
Houston Clipper
Total Package Black
Houston Elite
LBA Seawolves
Urban DFW Elite
SA Rohawks
LA Tarheels
Dallas Slam

I guess they do at her church.

Drew probably started a Church in Duncanville and made her a minister while Perry was still a fetus. Because as we all now know, nobody works harder and gets in on these kids earlier than Homer Drew's kid. I bet he is Perry's Godfather.....:)

There definetely is a trend with some of these kids where Baylor and KSU is winding up on these questionable kids lists.

Lacedarius Dunn was a major recruit. He was a fringe McD's AA guy and a top 50 recruit. He'll be in the NBA. Tweety Carter was a major get. Now he was a bit overrated coming out of high school, but he definetely is a starting PG at most schools. Do you know what OU could have done with a Dunn and Carter last year? He's definetely recruiting, but don't be naive. He's had shady dealing with trying to get Wall. Also, their is going to be a big push back against these African National prep school recruits. It is widely known that these guys are farmed out of Africa for their height and brought to America and Australia to play ball. Some of these guys can't even speak the language and are getting Diplomas. All of these guys have street agents. We have seen some push back with John Riek and Ater Majok. Drew has been in the mix in recruiting all these guys. He recruited Mahommed Kone, couldn't get him qualified and he went to Valpo, recruited a guy from a Finland national team, were in heavy on the kid that went to Rutgers and Knowshal from Depaul, and were a leader for Diarra of USC. I wouldn't be shocked if they were dealing with these agents.

Also, I find it odd that kids are committing after visits. You see that in football alot, but usually basketball kids take all their visits especially if big programs are on them. In Dennis, WW, and Udoh's case, they all committed after the visit.

I wouldn't consider Dunn an "elite" recruit. He was #46 on the Rivals 100. Offers from UT and Mississippi State. LSU tried to get in late after he committed to Baylor. He was also a Father his senior year of high school which definitely put the brakes on a lot of recruitment of him.

Carter- although a profilic scorer in high school- was not highly recruited. I don't think he had a lot of major offers other than Baylor.

One of Drew's coaches has a relationship with that Babacar Sy dude that is at Stoneridge Prep. In building a program, Drew took a flyer on some of those- Diene and Thiam. Majok was heavily recruited by Baylor also. Thiam transferred to Wyoming and Diene was never more than a role player. Although Diene excelled in the classroom and was a model citizen at Baylor.

Those African kids are usually great students and keep their noses clean. You don't get calls at 3am about those kids generally. But nonetheless, I think Baylor feels they are now at the point where they don't need to roll the dice on foreign kids.

DFW what's your handle on BF.com? There is a guy on there that sounds just like you (ebear or something). That site is terrible btw. Is there a better one out there to talk Baylor hoops that doesn't have a million ads and a ton of load lag?

Back