Baylor must be cheating

The African students aren't the problem and to be quite honest, I'm glad they are getting a chance to get away from a rough homelife in Sudan and some of these places. The problem has been the handlers for these kids. The agent that was providing stuff for Nate Miles was doing the same for Ater Majok. Now if you look at this weeks headlines, guess who's declared for the NBA draft, Nate Miles and Ater Majok. Some of these schools are warning signs in the selfs because you know they have handlers and then the handlers take the kids and coach them in the summer. Stone Ridge Prep, and South Kent Prep are schools that scare me as far as recruiting goes.

DFW what's your handle on BF.com? There is a guy on there that sounds just like you (ebear or something). That site is terrible btw. Is there a better one out there to talk Baylor hoops that doesn't have a million ads and a ton of load lag?

I am insulted by the ebear reference :) I am sure he is a good guy but he is way more of a Baylor apologist than I am. I try to be more objective. I agree the site is terrible.

There is a site called Bearscoop.com but it is only open to Baylor fans by referral. That is where the diehards congregate. You got a great thing going here. Your site is far superior to texags.com and hornfan.com.

I get my Baylor news straight from the source and rivals.

Last edited:
DFW, let me test your baylor knowledge. (want to figure out if you are a true baylor fan, or if you are just a scott drew groupie (nothing wrong w/this, i'd love t be one))

1)In what season did baylor go .500 in the big 12? (pre scott drew)
2)was the 2002 ksu-baylor matchup in the big 12 tournament the greatest college basketball game of all time?

The African students aren't the problem and to be quite honest, I'm glad they are getting a chance to get away from a rough homelife in Sudan and some of these places. The problem has been the handlers for these kids. The agent that was providing stuff for Nate Miles was doing the same for Ater Majok. Now if you look at this weeks headlines, guess who's declared for the NBA draft, Nate Miles and Ater Majok. Some of these schools are warning signs in the selfs because you know they have handlers and then the handlers take the kids and coach them in the summer. Stone Ridge Prep, and South Kent Prep are schools that scare me as far as recruiting goes.

could not agree with you more. Baylor would be wise to stay away from those diploma mills. And I think that is their plan going forward.

DFW, let me test your baylor knowledge. (want to figure out if you are a true baylor fan, or if you are just a scott drew groupie (nothing wrong w/this, i'd love t be one))

1)In what season did baylor go .500 in the big 12? (pre scott drew)
2)was the 2002 ksu-baylor matchup in the big 12 tournament the greatest college basketball game of all time?

didn't follow Baylor much pre-Scott Drew other than I have always been a huge college basketball fan. I will take a stab at it though:

1. I am going to guess the year Brian Skinner was a senior. Didn't they start 5-0 that year in big 12 play?

2. Have no recollection of the 2002 KSU- Baylor matchup. Refresh my memory.

don't associate ksu with baylor. thx.

Wow- Lots of fans from lots of programs with very aggressive recruiting practices throwing rocks at Baylor these days. What is that saying about glass houses?

DFW,

Thanks for the kind words about the site. The guy that started (it isn't even 8 months old yet) site did it because he really likes OU basketball and not to make money.

I like the TexAgs site quite a bit. I also like Orangepower.com and KSUFans.com. I agree that the Texas board is very well put together and neither is phog.net.

Wow- Lots of fans from lots of programs with very aggressive recruiting practices throwing rocks at Baylor these days. What is that saying about glass houses?

i don't object to baylor's recruiting practices (whatever they are). i just hate baylor.

Last edited:

Rick Barnes is really the guy who through that out about Baylor. When a guy like Barnes criticizes you for recruiting practices, that bad. He's probably the most political correct coach out there. He didn't even criticize Kelvin Sampson and they went head to head on recruits.

Rick Barnes is really the guy who through that out about Baylor. When a guy like Barnes criticizes you for recruiting practices, that bad. He's probably the most political correct coach out there. He didn't even criticize Kelvin Sampson and they went head to head on recruits.

I had been hearing stuff before Barnes went public.

And DFWHoopster I don't want it to come off as sour grapes because OU hasn't lost to Baylor in such a long time that OU fans don't really have an Axe to grind. But at the same time don't be naive as to think that these guys are just out working everybody on these recruits. Every coach is at every gym. Baylor coaches aren't on the scene more than anyone else. I'll give Drew and Company credit for the recruiting efforts that they have been doing, but I'm not going to assume everything is great recruiting.

So why didn't Baylor fans support the program this year? I went to the OU game and the attendence was a joke. Baylor had a nice little stadium but the thing was half empty (and it is small about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the LNC).

So why didn't Baylor fans support the program this year? I went to the OU game and the attendence was a joke. Baylor had a nice little stadium but the thing was half empty (and it is small about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the LNC).

*same old baylor clap clap clap clap clap*

This was from the game in Norman but it is still wonderful (from ESPN's recap):

During one 7-minute stretch, Baylor had only three baskets -- all 3-pointers by Dunn -- while the Sooners extended their lead from five to 20. Oklahoma's lead reached 29 points in the final minute of the half, prompting the student section at the Lloyd Noble Center to begin chanting "Same Old Baylor

Those who follow ACC basketball know that Barnes is not politically correct. He was in a pissing match with Dean Smith; messing around with a Clemson cheerleader, etc... Since then I have heard he got religion.

That article came out the day after Baylor beat UT with a ref that has his lips firmly planted on Barnes' butt- Higgins. Barnes thought that Drew was going to land John Wall at the time. Also the writer of that article was the same guy that wrote the piece about McFarland- your stud DT recruit. That article didn't reflect UT in a positive light.

The writer does freelance work which means UT probably paid him to do a hatchet job on Drew. Drew has some goodies up his sleeve for Barnes if he wants to go there.

Those who follow ACC basketball know that Barnes is not politically correct. He was in a pissing match with Dean Smith; messing around with a Clemson cheerleader, etc... Since then I have heard he got religion.

That article came out the day after Baylor beat UT with a ref that has his lips firmly planted on Barnes' butt- Higgins. Barnes thought that Drew was going to land John Wall at the time. Also the writer of that article was the same guy that wrote the piece about McFarland- your stud DT recruit. That article didn't reflect UT in a positive light.

The writer does freelance work which means UT probably paid him to do a hatchet job on Drew. Drew has some goodies up his sleeve for Barnes if he wants to go there.

So you are now accusing Barnes of cheating, yet Drew is clean? C'mon dude. Quit being such a huge homer here. Again, OU fans have nothing against Baylor. We have kicked your a$$ in basketball 30 times in a row since 1978. Why is it so far out of the realm for you to fathom that Drew and Tang might be dabbing in the gray area? Why have people like me heard it from those covering the aau scene. The main guy I talk is actually pretty partial to Baylor athletics (Baylor alum).

I ask this again. You have a friend that is well-connected to the Baylor staff (probably a grad assistant, office worker, trainer or someone like that). First, why would this person share with you that Drew and Tang cheats? Second, how would this person even know because Drew certainly wouldn't go around blabbing about it.

IF you would stop being such a huge homer about it all then more people might be inclined to believe what you say.....just sayin.

I'll give you a long winded answer another day. Not a large enough fan base; 60/40 girl to guy ratio and plenty of guys that prefer to watch American Idol or some other gaily pursuit; not enough effort to attract Joe 6 pack or t-shirt fans; long losing streak.

So you are now accusing Barnes of cheating, yet Drew is clean? C'mon dude. Quit being such a huge homer here. Again, OU fans have nothing against Baylor. We have kicked your a$$ in basketball 30 times in a row since 1978. Why is it so far out of the realm for you to fathom that Drew and Tang might be dabbing in the gray area? Why have people like me heard it from those covering the aau scene. The main guy I talk is actually pretty partial to Baylor athletics (Baylor alum).

I ask this again. You have a friend that is well-connected to the Baylor staff (probably a grad assistant, office worker, trainer or someone like that). First, why would this person share with you that Drew and Tang cheats? Second, how would this person even know because Drew certainly wouldn't go around blabbing about it.

IF you would stop being such a huge homer about it all then more people might be inclined to
believe what you say.....just sayin.

Never accused Barnes of cheating in recruiting

Last edited:
Never accused Barnes of cheating in recruiting; your pm about Baylor's cheating regarding WW and Arthur... Well I hear a completely different side of that story.

Edit: NVM waste of time

Last edited:
popcorn.gif

Back