Baylor's first scrimmage

Baylor looks big, but I still think they can be beat... I've been checking around other message boards, and some fans think they could be undefeated going in to March... They do have a cupcake schedule and the big 12 over off might not be as strong this year.

And they didn't have Nina Davis playing as she was at ESPN. That is a scary lineup. Their size is impressive and deep. It's going to be difficult to dethrone them, but hopefully they don't go undefeated.

Baylor looks big, but I still think they can be beat... I've been checking around other message boards, and some fans think they could be undefeated going in to March... They do have a cupcake schedule and the big 12 over off might not be as strong this year.

I tend to agree. Baylor also tends to trounce cupcakes worse than any team in the nation. Kim shows no mercy. But, I think OU is a match for Baylor. Texas may give Baylor fits. I don't know that anyone else in the conference should give OU or Baylor problems. But, UConn is still UConn. ND is still ND.

Baylor should be better next year but they are going to be a load for every team in the Big 12 this year.

I think Baylor lost two conference games last year. We defeated them once. Who else pulled that off? Was it Iowa State?

It will be interesting to see how things play out this year.

My prediction is that Wilson will commit to Baylor this weekend on her visit.

It doesn't look like Alexis Jones lost much during her year off.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/ex1.html

I know these exhibitions don't mean anything but I'm going to pick Alexis Jones as the MVP of the Big 12. Not only is she great but she's one of only a couple of players in the nation that can make her entire team play great. I think they challenge UCONN in the Title game this year even though they maybe one year away as SoonerNorm predicts.

My prediction is that Wilson will commit to Baylor this weekend on her visit.

I had that same feeling, hope I am wrong about it. If Wilson goes to Baylor they will be Loaded! . Can you imagine Wilson along side Alexis jones and Kristy Wallace? That would be a matchup nightmare for any opponent.

I know these exhibitions don't mean anything but I'm going to pick Alexis Jones as the MVP of the Big 12. Not only is she great but she's one of only a couple of players in the nation that can make her entire team play great. I think they challenge UCONN in the Title game this year even though they maybe one year away as SoonerNorm predicts.

I have to think that if Jones doesn't make the MVP, Davis might.

I had that same feeling, hope I am wrong about it. If Wilson goes to Baylor they will be Loaded! . Can you imagine Wilson along side Alexis jones and Kristy Wallace? That would be a matchup nightmare for any opponent.

You're absolutely right! I hope that Wilson stays in the Big 12 and I would highly recommend that she choose KU. :)

You're absolutely right! I hope that Wilson stays in the Big 12 and I would highly recommend that she choose KU. :)

Anywhere she goes she will have a immediate impact. I think KU will be a force in the big 12 in about 3-4 years.

Honestly, I would like to see KU and KSU both become more competitive. It would be great to see either or both of those teams make the NCAA tourney on a regular basis.

Honestly, I would like to see KU and KSU both become more competitive. It would be great to see either or both of those teams make the NCAA tourney on a regular basis.

Agree, I would also like to see OSU get really good (to clarify, right behind OU), but I have a feeling the team will not get much better until they bring in another HC. Not saying current coach is bad, but that OSU needs to commit to making their program much better, if they care about women's sports.

Baylor has kicked recruiting into overdrive.

Now that is a fair analysis.

How often have we seen such a push turn out to have some underlying "less than honest" factors? You have to wonder about why Baylor has been so successful lately. The last time they managed this, we later learned they were violating NCAA rules to make it happen. Will this turn out to be true this time too? Time will tell.

Back