Best HS team in OK history?

95 BTW

82 BTW (both Tisdale brothers and Creason Hay)

Can't remember what year it was, but OC Star Spencer had a team for the ages in the late 80s or early 90s. Didn't have as much individual talent as the BTW teams (not sure if any of them played D-I), but that TEAM was as good as any I have ever seen.

Tulsa East Central had a pretty stinking good team in the 80s with Anthony Bowie and a couple of other studs.

Yeah, I remember the Big All City game in '94 (I think) with Miller and he played really well. I think it also had the kid from El Reno who could jump out of the gym and played at OCU (Aaron Howell??). It was a great game.

Anyone know what Aaron Howell is up to these days? We played on the same teams together in the Oklahoma Christian Cage Camps then became rivals when our teams played against each other in high school...you can go to my profile and there is a picture of Aaron guarding me when we played in the Holiday Festival during our senior season...

Not many guys i saw that could impress me with their hops because mine were pretty salty....but Aaron was a raw specimen when it came to that and few could compare....

Last edited:
Anyone know what Aaron Howell is up to these days? We played on the same teams together in the Oklahoma Christian Cage Camps then became rivals when our teams played against each other in high school...you can go to my profile and there is a picture of Aaron guarding me when we played in the Holiday Festival during our senior season...

Not many guys i saw that could impress me with their hops because mine were pretty salty....but Aaron was a raw specimen when it came to that and few could compare....

Yeah, I remember watching him at OCU in warmups and he would duck his head and it would go through the net while he was dunking. The crazy thing was he couldn't figure out how to shoot a jump shot because he jumped so dang high!! It was either jump 50 inches straight up or a set shot. It was crazy to watch.

All Aaron could do was jump. His game was rather lacking. The most hops I saw from that Era were from Ben Peabody, The Ford kid from Coyle, and the Hopson kid from Sapulpa.

All Aaron could do was jump. His game was rather lacking. The most hops I saw from that Era were from Ben Peabody, The Ford kid from Coyle, and the Hopson kid from Sapulpa.

Estell Laster could get up in his own right. Too bad he was a knucklehead.

Le'Nard Jones from Tulsa Central was explosive as all get out (he ended up playing at Louisiana Tech)....tapped one off his shoe in a dunk against us in the State Quarterfinals...

Peabody is spot on, dont know the other guys...

95 BTW

82 BTW (both Tisdale brothers and Creason Hay)

Can't remember what year it was, but OC Star Spencer had a team for the ages in the late 80s or early 90s. Didn't have as much individual talent as the BTW teams (not sure if any of them played D-I), but that TEAM was as good as any I have ever seen.

Tulsa East Central had a pretty stinking good team in the 80s with Anthony Bowie and a couple of other studs.

Finally someone from my era chimes in.:ez-roll:

BTW had great teams long before the 90's teams. The Tisdales along with Creason hay had an awesome team. I remember Arthur Thomas, Richard Dumas, Warren Ziegler, Andre Johnson and others all played on some good BTW teams.

The Star Spencer team that you are referring to was in the mid 80's and was led by Carl McCauley I believe. Tracy Moore and Shea Seals played on some awesome teams at John Marshall. Choo Kennedy led a couple of great NW Classen teams. I would put the BTW team with the Tisdales up against anyone. People forget how good William Tisdale was before the knees went bad. He signed with OU a yr before Wayman did.

Le'Nard Jones from Tulsa Central was explosive as all get out (he ended up playing at Louisiana Tech)....tapped one off his shoe in a dunk against us in the State Quarterfinals...

Peabody is spot on, dont know the other guys...

The kid I was thinking of from Carl Albert HS was Jimmy something. I saw him do the same type of dunk in that summer league. There was another kid from Carl Albert who was pretty highly thought of but I can't think of his name for the life of me. I want to say he played for the Trotters in AAU. Deron or Demarr or something.

The kid I was thinking of from Carl Albert HS was Jimmy something. I saw him do the same type of dunk in that summer league. There was another kid from Carl Albert who was pretty highly thought of but I can't think of his name for the life of me. I want to say he played for the Trotters in AAU. Deron or Demarr or something.

Derale Wilson...he played at Seminole then OCU

you guys forget John Marshall beat btw in the tournament of champions. John Marshall was the best team I have ever seen in oklahoma they had 4 d-1 players that started and Coach Griffin is as good a coach as I have ever seen

Back