Big 12 Fines Texas 25K!

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Texas was fined 25K for fans rushing the court after the Longhorns beat KU. Big12 commissioner Bowlsby said UT did not provide adequate protection for the visiting team.

Was this more about UT’s decision to leave the Big 12, the win over the conference’s favorite son, or both. When asked, Bill Self didn’t seem bothered by it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...horns-men-basketball-win-no-8-kansas-jayhawks

Texas was fined 25K for fans rushing the court after the Longhorns beat KU. Big12 commissioner Bowlsby said UT did not provide adequate protection for the visiting team.

Was this more about UT’s decision to leave the Big 12, the win over the conference’s favorite son, or both. When asked, Bill Self didn’t seem bothered by it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...horns-men-basketball-win-no-8-kansas-jayhawks

Have any other big 12 teams stormed the court this season, and if so were they fined?

Have any other big 12 teams stormed the court this season, and if so were they fined?

Good question. I have no idea, but I won’t be surprised if UT and OU are singled out for violations by Bowlsby before it’s time to leave the Big 12.

In truth, Texas should have had a better plan to control the crowd. But, was that a 25K oversight? It was according to Bowlsby and he’s running the show!

Good question. I have no idea, but I won’t be surprised if UT and OU are singled out for violations by Bowlsby before it’s time to leave the Big 12.

In truth, Texas should have had a better plan to control the crowd. But, was that a 25K oversight? It was according to Bowlsby and he’s running the show!

Well if he only fined texas and others have had court stromings, bowslby might not like the outcome he has to face

I’m sure you’re right. Self said “it was fine” when contacted about the court storming. Maybe he learned about the injury later on.

I’m not surprised by the fine. I think there may be a policy that requires schools to have a crowd control plan in place. Guess I’m ultra sensitive about it because I have been expecting OU and UT to be “punished” for bolting to the SEC.

Well if he only fined texas and others have had court stromings, bowslby might not like the outcome he has to face

I can’t think of any others this season. Basically the only teams who would warrant a storming are KU and Baylor. Baylor’s only road loss was in Lawrence and obviously KU fans don’t storm the court lol. I don’t have any specific recollection of whether Tech fans did it when they beat KU.

If the good guys win tomorrow (or ever again in Lawrence), I’ll consider a one-man storming. I wonder if I could get KU fined in the process.

I’d expect this treatment more in the coming years until OU/Tx leave for the SEC. I sure hope we can negotiate an earlier exit because it’s going to get worse. These are petty people we’re dealing with and their feelings are hurt.

I can’t think of any others this season. Basically the only teams who would warrant a storming are KU and Baylor. Baylor’s only road loss was in Lawrence and obviously KU fans don’t storm the court lol. I don’t have any specific recollection of whether Tech fans did it when they beat KU.

If the good guys win tomorrow (or ever again in Lawrence), I’ll consider a one-man storming. I wonder if I could get KU fined in the process.

you would be doing the lords work

In fairness to Bob Bowlsby, I learned in a search that all Big 12 teams over the years have been fined $25K for violating the policy on storming the court. I feel better now!

Arkansas has stormed the court multiple times this year and fined 25k. The last upset win v #1 Auburn they stormed the court again and the TV broadcasters said it would result in 250k this time. It’s such a dumb rule.

In fairness to Bob Bowlsby, I learned in a search that all Big 12 teams over the years have been fined $25K for violating the policy on storming the court. I feel better now!

I'm surprised that Bowelsby (intentional misspelling, but appropriate) didn't fine Texas for just beating his beloved Beakers. Can't have that... :D

Back