Big 12 games--2021

Disgraceful performance by Baylor. If they were truly a top 10-15 team, they would have blown out KSU from the start and never let them have life. Those Baylor kids just don’t have heart or a decent basketball IQ.

Drew has to be on the hot seat after that one, amirite?

Damn, OSU is good. I wish the tournament ban wasn’t under appeal. It would be awesome if OSU’s best team in a long time were banned from the postseason.

Disgraceful performance by Baylor. If they were truly a top 10-15 team, they would have blown out KSU from the start and never let them have life. Those Baylor kids just don’t have heart or a decent basketball IQ.

What a moron sunshine pumper. Baylor won the conference title and routinely wins big games. They’re entitled to a let down and they still won the game. OU doesn’t get that leeway because they haven’t won a conference reg season title in over 30 YEARS and they routinely lose to inferior teams and suffer embarrassing losses.

OU will make the tourney and lose in the first round. It’s what they do. What an accomplishment. Keep on defending the mediocre product. Sad

What a moron sunshine pumper. Baylor won the conference title and routinely wins big games. They’re entitled to a let down and they still won the game. OU doesn’t get that leeway because they haven’t won a conference reg season title in over 30 YEARS and they routinely lose to inferior teams and suffer embarrassing losses.

OU will make the tourney and lose in the first round. It’s what they do. What an accomplishment. Keep on defending the mediocre product. Sad

I’d say the moron is the idiot who can’t detect sarcasm.

I’d say the moron is the idiot who can’t detect sarcasm.

The thing is you have a right to reference those who overreact, but at the same time you ask for abuse in return for mocking people. If you want people to rein in their subjective silliness then perhaps it requires setting a good example. Saying "I told you so" or "sticking their face in it" does not meet the criteria of setting a good example. Now you might claim "you do not care," and that's fine and all, but others will just follow suit, thus the status quo will be further cemented in place.

Last edited:
The thing is you have a right to reference those who overreact, but at the same time you ask for abuse in return for mocking people. If you want people to rein in their subjective silliness then perhaps it requires setting a good example. Saying "I told you so" or "sticking their face in it" does not meet the criteria of setting a good example. Now you might claim "you do not care," and that's fine and all, but others will just follow suit, thus the status quo will be further cemented in place.

Yeah, when posters repeatedly post ridiculous stuff and then never acknowledge it, I’ll happily point it out. I respect anyone on here who watches games and gives a reasoned opinion and can look at our team even somewhat objectively. But the reaction to today’s Baylor game shows how hypocritical people are. When we play KSU or ISU, if we don’t beat them by 25 from pillar to post, it’s because we lack heart or talent or killer instinct. When it happens to other good teams, people compliment the spunky underdog and recognize that it’s hard to blow people out.

People claim I’m a sunshine pumper, but I point out all sorts of flaws in our players and play in general. On the other hand, some of the negative posters never say anything positive, and many of them don’t even post for weeks at a time when the team is playing well. Those guys then act like they are better fans because they claim they have higher expectations for the program. Again, I’ll respect any opinion that is even somewhat reasonable. My closest OU buddy wants Lon to go, and even though I disagree, at least his opinion is based on logic.

Yeah, when posters repeatedly post ridiculous stuff and then never acknowledge it, I’ll happily point it out. I respect anyone on here who watches games and gives a reasoned opinion and can look at our team even somewhat objectively. But the reaction to today’s Baylor game shows how hypocritical people are. When we play KSU or ISU, if we don’t beat them by 25 from pillar to post, it’s because we lack heart or talent or killer instinct. When it happens to other good teams, people compliment the spunky underdog and recognize that it’s hard to blow people out.

People claim I’m a sunshine pumper, but I point out all sorts of flaws in our players and play in general. On the other hand, some of the negative posters never say anything positive, and many of them don’t even post for weeks at a time when the team is playing well. Those guys then act like they are better fans because they claim they have higher expectations for the program. Again, I’ll respect any opinion that is even somewhat reasonable. My closest OU buddy wants Lon to go, and even though I disagree, at least his opinion is based on logic.

What is his logic?

What is his logic?

He mainly feels like a younger coach could help us in recruiting. But at the same time, he recognizes that Lon is a very good coach. He isn’t ranting about the team lacking heart or having a low basketball IQ every time we hit a rough patch or have a few ugly possessions.

So many of the posters who always call for a coaching change can’t even keep their arguments consistent. For much of the season, we’ve seen people play that our talent level isn’t good enough and we have been winning with grit and tough, smart play. Now people complain that we have low IQ and lack a killer instinct. Which is it? If we are lacking talent, smarts, and killer instinct, how exactly did we beat a bunch of good teams and end up, when all was said and done, as a top 25 team? Dumb luck? People just overreact to whatever happened most recently.

The four teams remaining are the ones playing the best ball right now imo. I'd be surprised if there isnt at least one final four team among: Baylor, Kansas, Osu, Texas

Texas beats OSU for the B12 championship. It's their 1st in league play.

The four teams remaining are the ones playing the best ball right now imo. I'd be surprised if there isnt at least one final four team among: Baylor, Kansas, Osu, Texas

Nothing surprises me in March.

That said, I think KU is SUPER overrated. I just don't see the talent for them to make much noise this year. And while OSU is playing well, I'm not sure they have the horses to get it done either.

To be honest, Baylor is really the only one I see with a great chance if they have to play the projected seeds, and they have a propensity to choke in March. Could one of the others sneak in if the 1/2 seeds in their bracket get knocked off and they have an easier path? Sure.

Should be a fun tournament, especially from the Sweet 16 round forward. I'm not sure we'll see as many early round upsets as we usually do, but there are a lot of teams that are fairly equal in the top 15ish or so. Even Gonzaga seems vulnerable. Matchups may play a big role.

Back