Big 12 games--2021

Baylor has played 7 conference games less than Kansas and 5 less than OU and OSU. There better be an asterisk by their conference title this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Baylor has played four fewer games than OU and five fewer than OSU yet has as many wins as we do and more wins than the Pokes. If they end up playing four fewer games when all is said and done and still finish with as many/more wins, they deserve a gold star, not an asterisk.

Byron does have a point though. Just like the Luckeyes in football, it isn't fair when one team is crowned or gets a championship if they've played far less games. That's the very essence of playing a season. There's always the risk that you lay an egg. Sustaining excellence throughout a long season of ups and downs, and navigating the physical and psychological rigor is part of what makes a champion a champion. I agree that they're a great team, but if they play fewer games than others it should by all means have an asterisk. Not an even playing field.

Edit: If they play enough games and they are far enough ahead of second to clinch numerically/percentage wise then it's obviously a moot point.

Last edited:
sounds like there is some schedule changes coming... AD's met. cant find the article now

Baylor and UT on the same day in Lloyd Noble? Good test of depth..

Hmmm. One would think that the Big 12 would know the league rules before they scheduled the games in the first place. Oh well, at least we can count on them to put key games on ESPN+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. One would think that the Big 12 would know the league rules before they scheduled the games in the first place. Oh well, at least we can count on them to put key games on ESPN+.

They did know. When they announced the rescheduled games on Tuesday, they said the game that had been scheduled for this week wouldn’t be played because it would have forced Baylor into consecutive, three-game weeks.

I think the league was in a tough spot and did the best they could. And since these games had to be scheduled on the fly, other games from other leagues were already scheduled to be on the main ESPN networks.

They did know. When they announced the rescheduled games on Tuesday, they said the game that had been scheduled for this week wouldn’t be played because it would have forced Baylor into consecutive, three-game weeks.

I think the league was in a tough spot and did the best they could. And since these games had to be scheduled on the fly, other games from other leagues were already scheduled to be on the main ESPN networks.

Interesting. I was reading articles on Thu that said they thought the game had been rescheduled but were awaiting an official word from Big 12. I guess just communication issues with some in the press.

Huge slate of games today. I think as an OU fan, we should be cheering for Tech and Baylor. I expect the WVU/KSU game to be a thorough beatdown, but those other games could be great ones. I have a bad feeling KU might rise to the occasion and beat Baylor.

According to Jay Bilas, Michael Mayer plays for Baylor, although he's not quite Halloween material. He has a decent game for a slasher.

And if I'm seeing straight Kansas is playing UTEP tonight?

Last edited:
And if I'm seeing straight Kansas is playing UTEP tonight?

Seeking revenge for loss in 1992 NCAA tournament which, I believe, was UTEP’s last tournament win. Not getting it so far but still early.

OSU goes on the road, minus Cade Cunningham, and defeats West Virginia 85-80.

OSU goes on the road, minus Cade Cunningham, and defeats West Virginia 85-80.

And, still without Likekele as well. Good win for a young Pokes team that will have everyone but Cunningham back next year..

And, still without Likekele as well. Good win for a young Pokes team that will have everyone but Cunningham back next year..

Now that appears to be a team peaking at the right time. Their coach is doing a good job.

Back