Big 12 games--2021

That seemed out of character for Beard too.

I see it differently...no biggie..but he (to me) is always yelling...screaming. Never seen the dude smile...the times I've watched. Just my 2 cents.

In the post-game press conference, he claimed he threw the fit to protect his players, which is utter nonsense, of course, and then went on to say that the three officials were among the greatest around.

In the post-game press conference, he claimed he threw the fit to protect his players, which is utter nonsense, of course, and then went on to say that the three officials were among the greatest around.

Not to say he is as bad as Gregg Marshall (because I don’t think he is in any way), but do you guys remember the time a few years ago when Marshall went viral for storming into the court to confront the refs during a summer exhibition game in Canada? He used the same excuse ... even went so far as to say he feared for his players’ safety because the refs were letting the Canadian team play so physically. It’s an obvious cop out for just losing your cool. I’m ok with coaches occasionally getting a technical on purpose, and maybe even getting run, but when a guy completely loses it, I do think it may backfire with the players.

douche...(IMHO):ez-roll:

* not you....him. lol

I see it differently...no biggie..but he (to me) is always yelling...screaming. Never seen the dude smile...the times I've watched. Just my 2 cents.

But he's never been overly animated.

Not to say he is as bad as Gregg Marshall (because I don’t think he is in any way), but do you guys remember the time a few years ago when Marshall went viral for storming into the court to confront the refs during a summer exhibition game in Canada? He used the same excuse ... even went so far as to say he feared for his players’ safety because the refs were letting the Canadian team play so physically. It’s an obvious cop out for just losing your cool. I’m ok with coaches occasionally getting a technical on purpose, and maybe even getting run, but when a guy completely loses it, I do think it may backfire with the players.

When my kids were in middle school, the boys coach took his 7th or 8th grade team off the court. After the 3rd or 4th player on his team had been mugged he called timeout, told his players to go to the locker room and told the officials they would never officiate a game at his school again. He never raised his voice, just did what he needed to do to protect his players.

When my kids were in middle school, the boys coach took his 7th or 8th grade team off the court. After the 3rd or 4th player on his team had been mugged he called timeout, told his players to go to the locker room and told the officials they would never officiate a game at his school again. He never raised his voice, just did what he needed to do to protect his players.

That is a flashback to when I played as an 8th grader. We were getting the short end of the calls all game long. Coach had a tech. They gave a player a tech for "faking a foul" - he tried to draw a charge. It was lopsided, but not dangerous. The coach make us load up the bus at halftime and we drove home.

I was ticked. My grandfather was in town ( he lived 10 hours away) partially to watch me play, and he only saw a half. By that age, my parents had taught me to fight through adversity. I guess my coach never learned that lesson. I hadn't thought about that game for years. Still makes me angry 30+ years later.

Billy Tubbs used to get conference reprimands for antics far less worse than what Beard did. I hope we get a third shot at them in the conference tournament.

That is a flashback to when I played as an 8th grader. We were getting the short end of the calls all game long. Coach had a tech. They gave a player a tech for "faking a foul" - he tried to draw a charge. It was lopsided, but not dangerous. The coach make us load up the bus at halftime and we drove home.

I was ticked. My grandfather was in town ( he lived 10 hours away) partially to watch me play, and he only saw a half. By that age, my parents had taught me to fight through adversity. I guess my coach never learned that lesson. I hadn't thought about that game for years. Still makes me angry 30+ years later.

In this instance, kids were getting hurt. It was more than just bad officiating. It was one of those situations you see in middle school where some of the kids were the size of grown men and others were very small for their age. The more the officials refused to blow their whistles, the more aggressive the other team became. This guy was a good coach. He had mentioned to the officials at least twice and they refused to do anything. At that age, there comes a point where a coach has to put the health and safety of his players first.

In this instance, kids were getting hurt. It was more than just bad officiating. It was one of those situations you see in middle school where some of the kids were the size of grown men and others were very small for their age. The more the officials refused to blow their whistles, the more aggressive the other team became. This guy was a good coach. He had mentioned to the officials at least twice and they refused to do anything. At that age, there comes a point where a coach has to put the health and safety of his players first.

As a high school official for many years, I can tell you that the officials who call junior high games are usually newbies who are trying to get experience. Some do a good job, other do the kids a disservice by letting too many things go. Thus, the games you and OrlandoSooner described.

When I was working my way up, I tried to use the calls I made as a teaching moment. Yes, the games were longer, but I felt better about it later. It was also rewarding to see some of those kids on the floor in the high school games I called later on.

Iowa state shoots 85% from 3 against OU and 18% from 3 against ku. Smh

KU will be 10-5 by this time next week, so they are still very much in the mix for second place. They are in the midst of the easy part of their league schedule.

Kansas is beating Tech right now in the 2nd half. Playing the easy part of their schedule gave them some confidence I guess. Texas leads WVU but it's still relatively early in that game.

Iowa state shoots 85% from 3 against OU and 18% from 3 against ku. Smh
2 of the shooters that had good games against us were bad shooters that just had good games. The rest of their usually good shooters really didn't do that great against us. So playing by averages this happens.

Kansas is beating Tech right now in the 2nd half. Playing the easy part of their schedule gave them some confidence I guess. Texas leads WVU but it's still relatively early in that game.

Reports of KU’s demise have been greatly exaggerated. They aren’t anywhere close to Baylor’s level nor are they on par with the really good teams Self has had, but they have a great chance to finish 2nd or 3rd and ahead of a bunch of teams that are going to be top four seeds. Their offense is lacking but they have figured out how to win games with defense. Like us, they haven’t lost to a bad team all season. We need to take care of business in Ames and Manhattan like they did.

KU will be 10-5 by this time next week, so they are still very much in the mix for second place. They are in the midst of the easy part of their league schedule.

Big win today for them. They are very likely to lose out now.

Reports of KU’s demise have been greatly exaggerated. They aren’t anywhere close to Baylor’s level nor are they on par with the really good teams Self has had, but they have a great chance to finish 2nd or 3rd and ahead of a bunch of teams that are going to be top four seeds. Their offense is lacking but they have figured out how to win games with defense. Like us, they haven’t lost to a bad team all season. We need to take care of business in Ames and Manhattan like they did.

They appear to have "righted the ship"...no doubt. It will be an interesting this week for them.....@Texas and home to Baylor. Two weeks, I wouldn't have given them much of a chance at all, but they have found somewhat of an identity on defense. And yes, they are still limited on offense....which is why I still think they lose both this upcoming week.

And WV doing to Texas what they did to us in Norman. They got down 19 early in the 2nd half, but now only down 4.

Back