Big 12 games--2021

I’ll flip out if I see him flop! :D

Seriously, it’s downright annoying how announcers fixate on one player or what they see as an interesting fact. The Brady Manek/Larry Bird comparison is a good example. The announcers in today’s ISU game couldn’t help themselves.

I'm not one for drinking games, but if I were, I'd never miss Fran Fraschilla calling an OSU game. Take a shot every time he pronounces CC the best player in the country, and you'll be passed out by halftime.

Neither osu nor Texas is playing particularly well. They certainly aren't shooting the ball well....both teams are under 35% from the field.

Neither osu nor Texas is playing particularly well. They certainly aren't shooting the ball well....both teams are under 35% from the field.

Yeah, it's a hard-fought game but far from a thing of beauty.

Headed to OT. At least 5 more minutes of ugly basketball....just what we all wanted.

Unbelievable....neither team wants to win this game. Going to another OT. Just really poor basketball by both squads in "end of game" situations. Cunningham steals the inbound pass with 5 seconds left and still misses the bunny.....he is 4/21 from the field.

Yep. On to 2OT. I guess you can say D has been good but not fun to watch. 65 points after first OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both teams with some awful possessions at the end. Does anyone want to win this game?

Texas is apparently incapable of scoring now and okie lite is just barely ahead of that.

That 3 from Cunningham could have been the dagger but not sure yet the way this game is going.

texas hasn’t made a single shot in either OT combined. 0 for everything.

I just don't see Texas as a top 10 teams based on what I've seen. They have good athletes but not a particularly good basketball team. Kinda the opposite of OU.

WVU destroyed Kansas. Kansas should not be ranked when the polls came out that has to be the first time since the early 90s?

Okay so it's been since 2009 looking it up. That team was pretty talented with the Morris Twins, Cole Aldrich, Tyshawn Taylor, Sherron Collins all playing at least one game in the NBA. And they ended up in the Sweet 16. This KU team would lose by 30 to that KU team.

Last edited:
I think I’d have traded just about any other win you’d care to name if it meant we were full strength at AFH.

I just don't see Texas as a top 10 teams based on what I've seen. They have good athletes but not a particularly good basketball team. Kinda the opposite of OU.

Yeah, except for the fact that OU has good athletes **and** a good team.

Yeah, except for the fact that OU has good athletes **and** a good team.

Correct regarding OU. We have plenty of very good athletes, although few teams match Texas in that department. Hill, Vic, Williams, Kur, Reaves ... we have plenty of athleticism. I also think people are being a little hard on Texas ... three of their losses have come since their covid issues, and it’s not like they have lost to bad teams. Yesterday was an ugly game, but I expect they will be fine. It also seems like a lot of people find flaws with just about every team they watch once or twice. I’d be curious who people would label top 10 teams ... someone has to fill those slots lol. A team being ranked that high doesn’t mean voters think they are flawless, just better than the alternatives.

Aggies vs. Texas was the ugliest basketball game I've seen in years. Over 40 turnovers most of which were just throwing the ball to the other team. Shooting was atrocious. Most of the misses were nowhere near going in the basket.
I'm sure they will both play better in the 3 games left against us.

By the way those of you who want LK to retire or be fired please look at how ugly that basketball game was played. They both coach just by subbing all the time. It looked like a junior high AAU game.

Correct regarding OU. We have plenty of very good athletes, although few teams match Texas in that department. Hill, Vic, Williams, Kur, Reaves ... we have plenty of athleticism. I also think people are being a little hard on Texas ... three of their losses have come since their covid issues, and it’s not like they have lost to bad teams. Yesterday was an ugly game, but I expect they will be fine. It also seems like a lot of people find flaws with just about every team they watch once or twice. I’d be curious who people would label top 10 teams ... someone has to fill those slots lol. A team being ranked that high doesn’t mean voters think they are flawless, just better than the alternatives.

Yes.....agreed, Texas is the most "athletic" team in the conference....followed closely by Baylor. After those two teams, there is a noticeable dropoff in athleticism when you get to KU, OU, WV and Tech. Heck, I would say OSU is fairly athletic themselves, but nothing compared to Texas or Baylor.

In looking at Kenpom, Texas is slightly below average at shooting the 3 and they are a bad FT shooting team. Texas does shoot the 2 quite well, but I don't know that I would call them a "good" shooting team. They score a lot by volume and inside the paint...whether it be in the low post, drives, putbacks, and transition. Yesterday, what we saw in the OSU game was that they simply had a really bad night shooting. They missed a big majority of their wide-open looks. And I believe this will be the reason they will lose before the Elite 8.....they will have another bad night shooting and won't be able to overcome it against a really good team.

I didn't say we are unathletic. Texas has just been average for a team with the talent they have. They turn it over a ton. They don't really shoot well. They basically rely on rebounding and inside game. Baylor is not only real athletic but they also play good basketball. You don't really see that from Texas.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Aggies vs. Texas was the ugliest basketball game I've seen in years. Over 40 turnovers most of which were just throwing the ball to the other team. Shooting was atrocious. Most of the misses were nowhere near going in the basket.
I like the Aggie broadcast crew. They are both super nice guys, and even they, as big a homers as they are, were not afraid to call yesterday's game a train wreck. Absolutely dreadful basketball. There is a difference to my eyes between good defense and bad offense. Yesterday was AWFUL offense. I mean wretched.

Back