Big 12 games--2021

What a weasely way to make the tourney.

Yes, but in trying my best to be objective, I thought they were treated a bit harshly. I'm not 100%, sure, but thought they self-reported. Regardless, after the way the NCAA let NC off with a slap on the wrist for their repeated academic fraud scandal (and the way they treat Blue Bloods in general), what little respect I had for the NCAA is long gone. I'm perfectly fine with 7 of the 10 conference schools making it into the Tournament.

To be honest, I'll be happy with a split against the Pokes this year.

So, TCU beat osu after a blunder by Cade. Tie game with shot clock off and he shot early in the possession and missed. TCU went down and scored before the buzzer

I hope this doesn't get me thrown off the board, but I actually enjoy watching OSU play. Last night was the first time i've watched them at any length. They seem to have tons of guards that can play. I know the Rondell Walker thing has been covered but what a gem that kid seems to be. They are very athletic and keep coming after you. The Cade Cunningham thing last night with the TCU fans was kind of amusing. Then you have the fat guy that OU recruited....Lampkin? Whose brother played football for OU... Running his mouth at Cunningham from the bench. Ahhh funny.

It'll be weird to play OSU in back to back games. Should be entertaining, and hopefully fun for OU. Should be challenging games..

I hope this doesn't get me thrown off the board, but I actually enjoy watching OSU play. Last night was the first time i've watched them at any length. They seem to have tons of guards that can play. I know the Rondell Walker thing has been covered but what a gem that kid seems to be. They are very athletic and keep coming after you. The Cade Cunningham thing last night with the TCU fans was kind of amusing. Then you have the fat guy that OU recruited....Lampkin? Whose brother played football for OU... Running his mouth at Cunningham from the bench. Ahhh funny.

It'll be weird to play OSU in back to back games. Should be entertaining, and hopefully fun for OU. Should be challenging games..

I kind of see what you see. Cade has to be more selfish and take over games if they want to win. 2 shots in the first half.

Next year will be rough. if they are 7th place with Cade... Gonna be near the bottom without. They have no recruits for 2021. I like Walker more than I did in HS. He is a good player.

what happened with the fans and lampkin?

what happened with the fans and lampkin?

fans were chanting overrated @ Cunningham every time he touched the ball. Pretty loud for only a few fans there...

Lampkin was talking crap and tv caught a little after tcu scored and lampkin was smiling and cade was saying something back to him...

fans were chanting overrated @ Cunningham every time he touched the ball. Pretty loud for only a few fans there...

Lampkin was talking crap and tv caught a little after tcu scored and lampkin was smiling and cade was saying something back to him...

Yep. Didn't know TCU fans could provide such an environment, much less in a COVID limited numbers situation. Was entertaining..

Thanks.

I've always disliked the overrated chant...whether it is directed at a team or player. It diminishes your own team

Thanks.

I've always disliked the overrated chant...whether it is directed at a team or player. It diminishes your own team

I see that point. TCU was up and Cade had no points at half and 4 points with 10 mins left..

It was funny to me because tcu is 2-5 and 8th place in the Big 12.

I see that point. TCU was up and Cade had no points at half and 4 points with 10 mins left..

Being swept by TCU is a bad look for oswho if they hope to slip into the tourney.

Cunningham sat out all but 8 minutes of the first half with two fouls. He was not his usual self in the second half until the final 10 minutes you referenced. From that point forward, he had the ball in his hands on offense most of the time. TCU knew that, of course, so they game planned to stop or limit his impact on the final minutes and it worked. He made at least two crucial mistakes in trying to score on his own that resulted in badly missed shots that gave the ball back to TCU.

A critical call in the final seconds with the score tied also went TCU’s way. It was one of those bang-bang calls that could have easily been called a charge instead of a block. The result was an and one that put the Frogs up by 3. Cunningham’s attempt to tie the score was a prayer from half court that clanged off of the backboard and rim. Game over, with TCU the beneficiary of a sweep!

Cunningham sat out all but 8 minutes of the first half with two fouls. He was not his usual self in the second half until the final 10 minutes you referenced. From that point forward, he had the ball in his hands on offense most of the time. TCU knew that, of course, so they game planned to stop or limit his impact on the final minutes and it worked. He made at least two crucial mistakes in trying to score on his own that resulted in badly missed shots that gave the ball back to TCU.

A crucial call in the final seconds with the score tied also went TCU’s way. It was one of those bang-bang calls that could have easily been called a charge instead of a block. The result was an and one that put the Frogs up by 3. Cunningham’s attempt to tie the score was a prayer from half court that clanged off of the backboard and rim. Game over, with TCU the beneficiary of a sweep!

Cade took a horrible shot tied up.... with 11 seconds left

Clearly a block. Kid fell early before contact.

Tcu outplayed them most the game

Last edited:
Cade took a horrible shot tied up....

Tcu outplayed them most the game

Yes, he did. Truth is, he had a bad game. But I think some of the blame should go to Boynton. He waited until the final minutes to put the ball in Cunningham’s hands when everyone in the arena knew what OSU was trying to do.

As for the call, I could see on the replay why it was called a block. But I have seen plenty of plays just like that called a charge, and so have you.

Yeah, I'm admittedly biased but I thought it was a clear block. The defender was not in an established position at all; he jumped over at the last moment. There's no way the TCU guy could have avoided contact.

As I said last night, the shot Cummingham took with 11 seconds remaining was ill-advised in just about every way possible. He was covered and so the shot was an awkward one-handed prayer, and since he had 11 seconds left, there was plenty of time for him to just back out and reset the offense. I think he had visions of "Cunningham Wins the Game!" headlines dancing in his head.

I’m just glad the ref didn’t make the mistake 99 percent of college refs make and call a charge. It’s disgusting how often college refs reward defenders for sliding under an offensive player. I fully agree with those who advocate for a rule change eliminating any charges drawn by help defenders.

I thought both coaches made huge blunders at the end of the game. By calling his last timeout BEFORE the free throw, Boynton gave TCU a huge gift ... the Frogs should have missed the free throw on purpose, which would have forced OSU to basically settle for a full court heave at the buzzer. Dixon proceeded to make his own mistake by having his player make the free throw, which allowed OSU to take the ball out of bounds and run a play that resulted in a decent look for Cunningham, albeit from half court.

Yeah, I'm admittedly biased but I thought it was a clear block. The defender was not in an established position at all; he jumped over at the last moment. There's no way the TCU guy could have avoided contact.

As I said last night, the shot Cummingham took with 11 seconds remaining was ill-advised in just about every way possible. He was covered and so the shot was an awkward one-handed prayer, and since he had 11 seconds left, there was plenty of time for him to just back out and reset the offense. I think he had visions of "Cunningham Wins the Game!" headlines dancing in his head.

he either having those visions like you said or he thought they were down a point

The announcers on ABC are not really interested in the on-court action of the texas-oswho game; they'd rather prattle on at length about Cade Cunningham, even as he sits on the bench with two fouls. It's Marcus Smart redux.

Last edited:
The announcers on ABC are not really interested in the on-court action of the texas-oswho game; they'd rather prattle on at length about Cade Cunningham, even as he sits on the bench with two fouls. It's Marcus Smart redux.

I’ll flip out if I see him flop! :D

Seriously, it’s downright annoying how announcers fixate on one player or what they see as an interesting fact. The Brady Manek/Larry Bird comparison is a good example. The announcers in today’s ISU game couldn’t help themselves.

Anyone watching the OSU-Texas game feel like they are suffering from vertigo? Their camera angle is for the birds.

Last edited:
Back